Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swim diapers

Princes

Default Swim diapers

Hi, I was wondering if swim diapers were worth buying. I think it could be interesting but I'd like to know if I should buy them or just swim with normal diapers (I wear these for a size refrence: http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/wel...183762-product). If they are worth buying, what brand is a good one?

If you fit in 4-5T pull up style pants, then I suppose you Might fit in swim diapers. I only know of one brand, huggies little swimmers. Though I really mean you Might fit in them, I could "fit" in pull-ups at one point when I was younger, and I had a heck of a time putting on a swim diaper without breaking it, only managed it once.

Princes

I have a skinny waste, they fit perfectly. I was just wondering if normal diapers would do the trick of swim diapers

If you fit the swim diapers, then for sure the normal diapers would be ok. As far as doing the trick of swim diapers, I would say no. They swell up in the pool, and leak sap. If thats what your asking.

Princes

Oh, so that's why swim diapers exist

Swim diapers aren't made to hold urine, but the other stuff when kids are swimming. Chlorine takes care of the rest.

Princes

Ok that makes sense. I'll try them out. I'm house sitting this weekend and my friend has a pool so I figured y not

Quote Originally Posted by Princes View Post
    Ok that makes sense. I'll try them out. I'm house sitting this weekend and my friend has a pool so I figured y not
    Enjoy. Also for experimenting, you might try wearing a regular diaper in a shower and see what happens. Because that's what would happen to it in a pool. It's kind of fun, actually, I've done it a couple times.

Swim diapers are designed around making a tight seal so if you poop, none of it gets out into the water, but they're not perfectly water tight and won't hold pee, as already noted.

Princes

Well thanks for the advice. I feel like a real dummy for not understanding the purpose of swim diapers are . I'll try both of them on Friday though, I'm kind of excited about super puffing a diaper

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieRoni View Post
    Enjoy. Also for experimenting, you might try wearing a regular diaper in a shower and see what happens. Because that's what would happen to it in a pool. It's kind of fun, actually, I've done it a couple times.
    Ditto, you really can't quite get a diaper to swell as big using it normally ...

It sucks if you accidentally burst it in the shower, though.