If depend can do it, why cant other companys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapor

Est. Contributor
Im gonna be completely straight here and call out the big company's on this one. Depend has releases there new active fit diapers for woman that have near exact sides to goodnites. What this means is that the technology exists to were adult goodnites are completely possible to produce, yet all the manufactures use the frilly grandma pant sides instead. Manufactures take note, Take goodnite side panels, slap them on a pullup and watch the money come in. They always flaunt "Just like underwear" yet ironically Depend is the only one to even come close.

I wish they would make the big Goodnites like they used too. One with the prints that they have today, with the old sizes would be amazing. Sadly I don't see this ever happening. The Depends are probably as close as we'll ever get.

I've heard a few people talk about getting the money together to produce their own adult sized Pull-up, but haven't heard much from them after they talk about trying it.

The design and process for manufacturing GoodNites stretchy side panels is most likely patented. That isn't an issue for Depends, because both products are made by Kimberley-Clark. It certainly is an issue for any other manufacturer if KC are unwilling to license the design. And why would they want to when it would allow their competitors to potentially assail KCs market dominance?

Please be aware that in today's world, even the simplest of manufactured objects embody multiple patented designs, processes and technologies, and controlling these patents is as much a part of doing business is actually making and selling things.

Also, bear in mind that your opinion on how fashionable Depends are is irrelevant. You aren't the target market. The reason that Depends have looked like granny panties for so long is because the majority of people wearing them are little old ladies (and men). The reason that they're now changing is because the Baby Boomers are now old enough to be having continence issues, and they a) have a different conception of fashion to their parents, and b) thanks to modern medicine, are still physically active at a greater age than their parents were.

Last edited:
I'd be super happy if goodnites came in adult sizes.

Actually the Tena Lady Pants Discreet are quite good, they don't have the granny panty frills at the top either

Yeah, the Tena Lady Pants Discreet are pretty close to "Goodnites for adults".
It's what I usually put my girl in during the day if we're going out. Very discreet, and they look cute to boot.

remote.jpg.ashx

Because GoodNites and Depend are under the same company, Kimberly-Clark. They have the patents to create that foam-panel technology exclusively. Even among other training pants style products offered by competitors, you see distinct properties in their construction, because each company has patents on their own design. The suppliers in China that make nearly every single ABDL diaper don't have the same resources or rights as these multi-billion dollar companies. If it isn't the patent holding them back, it's the capital needed to modify their machines to create a whole new product. You're looking at hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars of investment to create these products.

jeremyi said:
Because GoodNites and Depend are under the same company, Kimberly-Clark. They have the patents to create that foam-panel technology exclusively. Even among other training pants style products offered by competitors, you see distinct properties in their construction, because each company has patents on their own design. The suppliers in China that make nearly every single ABDL diaper don't have the same resources or rights as these multi-billion dollar companies. If it isn't the patent holding them back, it's the capital needed to modify their machines to create a whole new product. You're looking at hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars of investment to create these products.

Damn. Diaper are expensive.

Good news, though, patents aren't eternal

If KC even decided to remake the original goodnites pull up and just re brand it, even keep it under the radar and not really make a big deal about marketing it im still pretty sure " our community" would instantly buy every single package and totally make it worth their while to produce them again.

Well as close to the original print (all white) goodnites they are the better they will sell. Those are and were the quintessential pull up diaper ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back