Smelling at night, why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
This is something I have noticed. I can wear a diaper all day to night time and it won't smell but yet if I were to put one on at night, it would be smelling in the day time no matter how many times I have peed in it and it's the same amount of hours I have had that diaper on and it's already smelling compared to when I put one on when it was in the day time until night time.

I am sure lot of you have noticed how you always smell like piss when you get out of bed but yet you won't smell like piss by the end of the day. Why is this?

I do in the morning when I get up. I wear a cloth diaper and booster with PUL panties. When I wear my A+ disposable
during the day I don't notice it. I do with my AIO's or contours though. During the day your active so it's not so noticeable.
At night your quiet and all covered up in diapers, plastic pants, sleeper and bedding covers. Plus there's not much air movement
over your body when sleeping.

But yet I still manage to smell like piss even when I do get out of bed and moving around, it's like the pee is stronger only at night and it doesn't matter what time I had wet my diaper and how long ago it happened, it will still smell nonetheless.

It is because during the day air movement takes the odor away in smaller doses so you get used to the slight smell. At night the blanket and stillness traps the smell so as soon as you lift up the blanket in the morning you get a big woof of it.

So apparently the smell will not go away after you get out of bed. The pee smell will be very strong and won't go away.

Calico said:
The pee smell will be very strong and won't go away.

Need to drink more water at night. Oh yeah, and that means a thicker diaper too :biggrin: Seriously though, I notice the same thing, but for me I think it's mostly due to wearing cloth at night and disposables during the day. Cloth diapers smell more when wet, there seems to be no way around it.

Calico said:
This is something I have noticed. I can wear a diaper all day to night time and it won't smell but yet if I were to put one on at night, it would be smelling in the day time no matter how many times I have peed in it and it's the same amount of hours I have had that diaper on and it's already smelling compared to when I put one on when it was in the day time until night time.

I am sure lot of you have noticed how you always smell like piss when you get out of bed but yet you won't smell like piss by the end of the day. Why is this?

It has to do with the way that the kidneys function, liquid intake, & chemicals produced in the body.

The simplest way to explain it is like this: During the day, you are drinking fluids, and urine doesn't get too concentrated. At night, you're not drinking & chemicals are released in your body that slows down urine production. The urine becomes more concentrated. When urine becomes more concentrated, it has a stronger smell.

Basically you could make your urine smell equally as bad during the day by becoming dehydrated. Please stay hydrated. Drink plenty of fluids. Make sure to change in the morning, so the smell doesn't stick around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back