View Poll Results: Would you want to see professional research on the Diaper Lover lifestyle and/or fetish?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

95 77.24%
  • undecided

16 13.01%
  • No

12 9.76%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mental research behind Diaper Lover life.

Default Mental research behind Diaper Lover life.

Professional research discussing the complexity of the Diaper Lover lifestyle and fetish is limited. If that research were to happen, multiple outcomes could result. Therapists would likely be more capable of assisting a Diaper Lover (in self acceptance, life management, stress coping or whatever), but we might also see negative attention fall on the community as well. Both good and bad could result.

If you had the choice, would you want to see professional research be conducted to explore and understand the Diaper Lover lifestyle and fetish?

If you are also an Adult Baby refer to this thread.

I do, but I would think if there was research, it should be done simultaneously with both diaper lovers and adult babies. They seem to go hand in hand.

Some here are familiar with Rhoda Lipscomb's PhD dissertation. It was written on the subject of people with this fetish - she has some experience working with us as patients in her mental health practice.
    I'm unaware of other real official scientific research.

See this old adisc thread: https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthre...oda-J-Lipscomb

I wouldn't mind seeing some research conducted. It could be interesting to research. Of course, we'll probably get positive and negative reactions (Maybe even both in and outside the community), but I'd still like to see what they come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I do, but I would think if there was research, it should be done simultaneously with both diaper lovers and adult babies. They seem to go hand in hand.
    To be honest with you, I wanted to do the poll that way, but I wanted to make sure that this gets seen by both the people who visit only the DL section, and the people who only visit the AB section. Plus I also thought it would be interesting to see if there was a split between opinions for those who identify as one or the other.

Yes. I would like to see more research being done. Yes, there could possibly be some negative feedback (though I doubt it'd be any worse than whenever there's some stupid Jerry Springer special about this), I'm always in favor of more research being conducted. Nothing is ever gained from choosing to remain ignorant about a topic.

Well I have about 20 Psychology Professors in my Phone maybe I should suggest to them assigning it as a project .

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    To be honest with you, I wanted to do the poll that way, but I wanted to make sure that this gets seen by both the people who visit only the DL section, and the people who only visit the AB section. Plus I also thought it would be interesting to see if there was a split between opinions for those who identify as one or the other.
    Okay, that makes sense.

I think if the community had input into it it would be great! My sister doing her PhD in psychology as we speak, her before research was on conduct disorder in girls, and while these were very difficult children it still seems like she was able to connect and understand them, and from talking to her real psychology papers are never meant to demonise people or an ideology. I think that due to the time theyd have to commit, instead of a report or a news story which would be comparatively short, would let them understand the actual reasons and why people do it.

Personally I believe it would conclude something about it being a coping mechanism, and harmless, but i guess it depends on the person and their research.