Mental research behind Adult Baby life.

Would you want to see professional research on the Adult Baby lifestyle and/or fetish?

• Yes

Votes: 52 66.7%
  • undecided

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • No

Votes: 7 9.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maxx said:
Perhaps, but isn't your proposal even more off the wall in your intended context? Assuming one in 1000 has an attraction to diapers and or babyish things.... you want to equip therapists to fix the other 999?

Well I would like them to have more reliable information. There is medical and mental research that goes into other things that are more rare than 1 in 1000. I think that ABDL's have just as much of a right to informed or at least capable therapists as any other person. I don't see why we don't deserve understanding just because we are uncommon, we are still humans with needs.

I'm not sure that there really needs to be any specific ABDL research (although I guess it wouldn't hurt). Most of the concepts, reasons and experiences underlying ABDL behaviour are fairly generic and universal. So I think any trained psychotherapist would have little difficulty in understanding such behaviour in the context of a particular client's life, even if he/she was unfamiliar with ABDLs.

It's not like ABDLs have fundamentally different brains that need to be analysed in a different way. It just looks that way to the untrained eye.

Just my two-penneth.

As somebody who is working in research, I guess my answer would entirely depend on the research question and the motivation behind the research.

I think that research on the origins of the ABDL fetish is pretty much pointless, unless you were looking for a "cure" for it, which is not something I'd want.

Research into the ABDL lifestyle, like how it's integrated into the lives of people, might be interesting however, once again depending on what exactly it is that you are researching.

Marka said:
I just don't believe that AB/DL requires any specific indoctrination into the curriculum.

How very eloquently put, Marka!

I think that's what I worry about. AB/DL behaviours are really quite specific to each individual. Look at what happens when ABDLs appear in mainstream media -- many other ABDLs will complain that that particular person didn't accurately represent what ABDL-ish-ness is to them.

The manifest behaviour isn't really what's important in psychotherapy; it's the underlying fundamentally humanistic existential angst that we all share and cope with (to varying degrees, in varying ways).

Marka said:
----- Update ----- TL;DR (See tiny's post above) ;)

*blush*

I voted yes

I vote yes its always nice to see what they have to say it doesn't mean you have to believe it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back