Tena Slip Maxi (original)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlotTwist

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hey all, I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but I was just reordering another case of M4s from XP Medical and noticed they have new old stock of the original all-plastic Tena Slip Maxis (with tape landing zone) up for sale (only in size large, though). I figured I'd pop by here and let everyone know, considering how they had such a following. I've never tried them myself, but with such praise I had to add a case to my order!

I bought a case by mistake somehow missing the part about them being large. Oops!

So, has anyone tried out the Tena Slip Maxi (original)? Are they identical to the old Tena Slip Maxi, as the name seems to indicate?

Oh they are the same, new old stock, heh. They're out of them now, though. In fact I ordered a case and they were only able to ship me 2 packs! I'm glad to have the opportunity to try them though after all the hype. I really like how thin yet absorbent they are.

Interesting. I wonder if this is the same Tena Slip Maxi (original) that can be bought through Save Express. From the images (on Save Express) it seems like the old landing zone for the tapes is no longer present.

EDIT: I now noticed that it says "New design" on the case in the image on Save Express. I wonder how it can be "New design" and "original" at the same time. :confused:

ztrga said:
EDIT: I now noticed that it says "New design" on the case in the image on Save Express. I wonder how it can be "New design" and "original" at the same time. :confused:

I think what they meant was "new design that's like our original that we stopped making"

bambinod said:
I think what they meant was "new design that's like our original that we stopped making"
I guess that makes sense. I would really like to know how these diapers compare to the old Tena Slip Maxi.

ztrga said:
I would really like to know how these diapers compare to the old Tena Slip Maxi.

Poorly.

They are plastic backed, but the side flaps are a thin fleece. Absorbency is not as good as the old Tena, and they tend to leak sooner. They also shouldn't be worn while lying down because the fleece side flaps will let liquid trickle out. Plus, the tapes seem to come off easily. I managed to accidentally rip them off twice.

eedoo said:
Poorly.

They are plastic backed, but the side flaps are a thin fleece. Absorbency is not as good as the old Tena, and they tend to leak sooner. They also shouldn't be worn while lying down because the fleece side flaps will let liquid trickle out. Plus, the tapes seem to come off easily. I managed to accidentally rip them off twice.
Thanks for the warning! After some further research I found out that the Tena Slip Active Fit Maxi is a better alternative (completely plastic backed).

Yes, go for the Active Fit or none. The new Original is bad since the side flaps arent properly attached and won't hold the tapes themselves. Really makes them a lot smaller than advertised. And the CottonFeel is complete rubbish anyway and will loosen until it falls down, even without much usage.

kapi said:
The new Original is bad since the side flaps arent properly attached and won't hold the tapes themselves.

Actually the "flaps" are not attached to anything, the flaps are the same material and layer of the diaper that make up the layer that touches your skin over the SAP and absorbent section , in other words its the inner most layer, evrything else is attached to that layer or "flaps".

THIS IS THE STUPIDEST DESIGN EVER.

These are worse then depends, yes I know they have better capacity but at least depends don't fall apart on you.

The "pouch" that all the sap and absorbent pad sits in (the plastic backed portion) is LITERALLY TAPED to the cloth like "flaps" layer with a cheap glue. After you put on these diapers you can literally peel off the whole plstic backed part of the diaper and be left standing in nothing more then a TAPED on paper tissue thin layer of cloth like material aka "flaps" that won't stay on cause the plastic peels off the diaper.

I made the mistake of accidentally purchasing a case of these...... *face palm*
The new original Tena maxi slip with breathable wings are HORRIBLE one couldn't even make it through HALF my work day today....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back