Need actual advice and opinions on brand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allykins

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
Hi there, I've recently decided to switch from my current brand of molicare soft super cloth backs and have been experimenting with two other products. I've tried both and am in the middle of the two and find their prices the same and they're both recommended by reviews on the site.

I'm currently waffling between the Northshore air supremes, and the Dry 24/7s.

So far with the Dry 24/7s I find them very comfortable, yet I find they sag a bit and leak a bit out the leg luffs as a result of such. Maybe I should go down a size on them but I feel I might be a bit inbetween sizes with them. I do worry a bit that they're not really retapable more as two time tapable.

With The air supremes I find them a tad stiff but due to the climate I livei n I much prefer cloth backed for air circulation as well as the fact that they're retapable. I worry however of any potential bad smells or seeping this product might have in the long run however as I know cloth itself can have some downsides such as clumping. The larges on these fit pretty well much better than say the Dry 24/7's.

from what I gather the Dry 24/7s in theory should absorb more I think, I'm still unsure. Any feedback would much be appreciated, I wear 24/7 and take such into account.

Thanks in advance to any responders or takers.

I'm having trouble teasing out details of what features you are looking for and what things you're trying to avoid, when selecting your "perfect diaper". Without specifics, we can't really give you any specific suggestions.

We've seen this question many times in the past, I suppose we need to come up with a standard "diaper checklist" of all the differences there are, for people to pick between options or give yes/no/dontcare responses, to help narrow things down. Maybe even an automated response tool.

cloth/clothlike/plastic?
plain white/ab/medical/girl/boy look?
2 or 4 tapes?
retape panel/double tapes/neither?
front/back elastic?
no/short/tall leak guards?
dry thin/thick? wet thin/thick?
needs to be quiet?
outer shell hard/soft?
inner liner soft/regular?
clumping when wet ok?
your price limits?
discrete shipping needed?
unusually durable tapes needed?
do you have a small waist size?
wetness indicator?
available for purchase in what country?

there's more to it but this is all I have time to think of atm. the more of those you can answer, the more we can narrow your search.

bambinod said:
I'm having trouble teasing out details of what features you are looking for and what things you're trying to avoid, when selecting your "perfect diaper". Without specifics, we can't really give you any specific suggestions.

We've seen this question many times in the past, I suppose we need to come up with a standard "diaper checklist" of all the differences there are, for people to pick between options or give yes/no/dontcare responses, to help narrow things down. Maybe even an automated response tool.

cloth/clothlike/plastic? Clothlike or plastic
plain white/ab/medical/girl/boy look? Indifferent
2 or 4 tapes? 4
retape panel/double tapes/neither? Retapable is nice not required
front/back elastic? preferably
no/short/tall leak guards? tall
dry thin/thick? wet thin/thick? medium for both
needs to be quiet? more needs to not be excessively loud
outer shell hard/soft? either
inner liner soft/regular? soft
clumping when wet ok? No
your price limits? 190 per
discrete shipping needed? No
unusually durable tapes needed? Yes
do you have a small waist size? No
wetness indicator? not needed doesn't hurt
available for purchase in what country? USA

there's more to it but this is all I have time to think of atm. the more of those you can answer, the more we can narrow your search.
Sorry I know my answers were pretty vague, that's why I'm stuck between these two. I'm maybe thinking maybe using a different one for night time, but I'm unsure. I actually like both aspects of cloth and plastic backed, so I guess the most premium cloth backed would be nice for me on the other hand a plastic back with a better fit than large 24/7s would as well.

Last edited:
I find day and night have different needs. Thicker is better for overnight, thinner is better for daytime, things like that. While I have quite a few diapers I like using overnight, I really only have a few that I find are suited for daytime use, and really only one that works very well. Maybe daytime is just more demaning and nighttime is more flexible?

If leakage and odors are a concern, then get the plastic-backed North Shore Supremes. If comfort is more important, then swap out the Dry 24/7's more often.

Cloth backed Abena Abriform Plus would be my best bet for an affordable, high-performance, breathable diaper.

According to your answers, I would probably recommend Bambino's Teddy, Classico, or Bianco. They all are the same shell, but a different panel, they're relatively cheap at ~$1.60/unit. They just had a sale, unfortunately, and they came down to ~$1.30...I would have gotten some if I had any semblance of income that ever broke above even :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back