Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Moving to Canada

Default Moving to Canada

Is anyone actually moving to Canada if _______ is elected President? Are you really moving to Canada? Over an election?

I live in Canada and am so glad! I might be moving here if ______ gets elected in the great US of A

I won't be moving, but the country might feel like its moved to Cuba if Bernie is elected.

Moving to Canada over an election is really not that great an idea. We elect bad politicians too.

If trump becomes president I may not have a choice I may not have a choice but to leave the us it's a scary thought but yea as a minority in the USA I might get deported even though I am a citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilmssammietx View Post
    If trump becomes president I may not have a choice I may not have a choice but to leave the us it's a scary thought but yea as a minority in the USA I might get deported even though I am a citizen.
    I don't think anyone ins going to be deported just because of a election that just seems unconstitutional if you are a us citizen rest assured that you have nothing to fear even immigrants from other countries cannot be deported due to a election unless they commit a crime to a certain degree I see no reason for that to happen but to me it does not matter who gets elected with WildRoseBaby

Ha-ha! I remember my brother-in-law declaring that he would move to Canada if GW was elected to a second term. It was a dumb thing to say, and of course he didn't end up moving. I can't say that I love the idea of a President Trump, but steering a nation is like steering a train. The ideological campaign platforms of these candidates seem very unlikely to become reality. Of course, "never say never"...

BabyJayk

Quote Originally Posted by Lilmssammietx View Post
    Where exactly has anybody suggested that random minority groups might be deported just because. Better than what that racist FDR did to Americans of Japanese descent...oh no wait he was a democrat.

Given that I'm married to a Canadian, it's an option to someday move there if we decide our prospects are significantly better in Canada than the US.

For the moment they're not and this election by itself won't change that. The US is doing quite well relative to most of the developed world. A decade from now if a lot of damage gets done? Maybe then.