Status
Not open for further replies.

FluffyWolfe

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
Notice/warning, I do talk about blood and vomiting below, so read if you want to.

I finally gave in and had all my teeth pulled and got dentures.

My issues didn't stem from poor teeth hygiene, but a medical condition that goes back to when I was first born. The doctor and hospital screwed up and I had to be put on antibiotics 3 times daily for the first week of my life and then once daily for the 2nd week. I wasn't the only newborn to have these issues from the hospital, but that's a different story.

Anyway, by the time my baby teeth came in, they were rotten and all were pulled, and the same would have went for my permanent teeth, but the dentists were all wanting to save my teeth for as long as possible, even in 2008 the Navy dentist saved them.

Well, 2 days ago (Tuesday), I had everyone pulled and got dentures. F--k the pain was bad after the initial painkiller wore off. The pain was so bad that I was crying from it. I couldn't take a pain killer pill yet, due to an empty stomach (I tried taking one and it came up in 5 minutes) because my gums were still bleeding badly. To make it worse, me vomiting caused the dentures to pop loose and I couldn't keep them in, they were gagging me and causing me to vomit even more.

So at 7:30pm I called the after hours number for the dentist office and talked to the general manager there. He told me to leave the dentures out and just bring them in with me tomorrow for the check up appointment.

Around 1am (Wednesday), I was finally able to eat and take the pain killer. It felt so nice not having that pain, not from the teeth being pulled, but the dentures cutting/pushing into the gum line.

Yesterday, I didn't have a whole lot of pain/bleeding, but the amount of blood lose I had no energy/appetite to eat. Well by 4pm I had a massive migraine and I couldn't hold food down to be able to take Excedrin or even the pain killer prescription. I was finally able to eat at 10pm, just enough to take the pain killer and antibiotic. Even after eating, my stomach was a big knot and I had to be careful even moving my eyes, I felt like anything would make me vomit.

Anyway Wednesday, I went to the check up appointment and I met the guy I talked to on the phone, nice guy. Anyway, they grinded down the top dentures quite a bit so it wasn't gagging me. The bottom plate was grinded down a bit too, but due to swelling it still hurts a bit. So even right now, I have both plates out, which I'm not supposed to at all possibilities, but that bottom plate hurts.

I'm just glad that I don't have to deal with the pain of teeth hurting or the pain from eating. Once these gums are fully healed and the dentures finalized, it'll be really nice to crunch down on a piece of bacon and actually eat it, instead of a tiny bite and hope that I don't hit a certain pain point.

I haven't gotten much sleep in the past 72 hours, maybe a couple hours total thanks to the hydrocodone, but even with that, it's a small power nap for 1 to 5 minutes and then jarred awake by whatever.

I'm not sure what I'm even going for now, so I guess I'll leave it at that, and having all of your teeth pulled at once sucks.

Its so much stuff going on that I don't even feel like wearing a diaper, but I want to though, but not in the overall mood for one.

Hugs hope it's better soon

Holy crap...ouch
That was an awful thing to go through. Hopefully it's all worth it in the long run. :hugs:

thanks for the hugs. :grouphug:

I too hope it's worth it. I know it will be once everything has healed and I've gotten used to the dentures.

I think when my mom and aunt got dentures, it was recommended that they not put them in until their gums were healed. My mom agreed to wait but my aunt wanted them in right away cause she didn't want people to see her without teeth.

Thanks to decay my mom has no real teeth left, my dad has half of his, and I already lost one at 16. My mom once told me (half-jokingly I think) that I won't have any left by the time I'm 40, but I could see her words being true.

When my dad had his dentures done, they told him it would be 4-6 weeks without them so the gums could heal, but he's had fitment problems ever since then.

The dentists for me, told me to keep mine in at all possibilities, but I didn't make it past 4 or 5 hours before mine was out and was told to keep them out by the general manager at the office.

Today, I had to remove them, they still cut into my gums and cause my top gums to bleed. I need to go back in the next couple of days and have them grind the plates down a little bit more.

Overall, quite a bit less pain today (other than when wearing them), thank goodness. I'll be glad when it fully heals and I can eat food again I'm down to 125lbs, down from 135 (a month ago). On the upside of losing that weight, I fit in XL GoodNites even better :biggrin: I got a nice wet one on with a Teddy Bambino on the outside.

OMG, that sounds really horrible and very painful. I'm tooth phobic anyway as I've always had problems with my teeth. I grew up on well water which meant, no fluoride, back in the day. I hope you continue to have less pain and get to wear you can tolerate your new teeth. Also......hugs!

I'm sorry to hear it's been so bad for you, I had my top teeth taken out in December, and I was in constant pain for 2 weeks, Couldn't eat anything solid for about three weeks. My brother had his done a week or two ago, he could eat that evening.

I hope it gets better for you.

FluffyMastiff said:
When my dad had his dentures done, they told him it would be 4-6 weeks without them so the gums could heal, but he's had fitment problems ever since then.

The dentists for me, told me to keep mine in at all possibilities, but I didn't make it past 4 or 5 hours before mine was out and was told to keep them out by the general manager at the office.

Today, I had to remove them, they still cut into my gums and cause my top gums to bleed. I need to go back in the next couple of days and have them grind the plates down a little bit more.

Overall, quite a bit less pain today (other than when wearing them), thank goodness. I'll be glad when it fully heals and I can eat food again I'm down to 125lbs, down from 135 (a month ago). On the upside of losing that weight, I fit in XL GoodNites even better :biggrin: I got a nice wet one on with a Teddy Bambino on the outside.

The way you say the office has a general manager, I'm going to assume you went to one of those chain-dental places, like Aspen Dental? I'm rather leery of those sorts of establishments personally. My dad went to Aspen Dental to have his pulled out and they left him with a hole in the side of his mouth, although it did heal eventually.

Thank You everyone.

Today, it's much better. However my gums swelled up, just a little bit, during the night, I can't keep the teeth in for more than a few minutes. I just got to wait for them to heal and unswell. With them in, I feel like my gums were stabbed and then constant pressure applied in certain areas, just an overall uneasy pain.

KimbaStarshine said:
The way you say the office has a general manager, I'm going to assume you went to one of those chain-dental places, like Aspen Dental? I'm rather leery of those sorts of establishments personally. My dad went to Aspen Dental to have his pulled out and they left him with a hole in the side of his mouth, although it did heal eventually.

No not a chain dental place.

It has 3 dentists there and the main one or maybe the owner/founder or something is the general manager. Whats funny, all of the dentists there, including the general manager, are named John, which is also my name LOL

I know of more than a dozen people who have used this place for their dentures/implants, this includes family and friends of the family. So I felt safe in knowing I could trust them.

FluffyMastiff said:
Today, it's much better. However my gums swelled up, just a little bit, during the night, I can't keep the teeth in for more than a few minutes. I just got to wait for them to heal and unswell. With them in, I feel like my gums were stabbed and then constant pressure applied in certain areas, just an overall uneasy pain.
have you tried Ibuprofen?
heat may also help. i know that's a bit contrary to what's often said, but the increased bloodflow will speed healing as well as 'drainage'. i usually use coffee for the drainage part, with it being diuretic. it may hurt at first, but that'll settle down as the bloodflow returns to normal. sometimes, it's a nice pain.

oh, not lost my teeth, yet, but it's an ongoing process :biggrin:
i was also given shedloads of antibiotics as an infant and my teeth have been a pain, too.

I've tried Ibuprofen and Excedrin both (not at the same time of course), neither helps much for pain but wonders for normal headaches. I was prescribed Hydrocodone as well, but I try not to use them often as I can get addicted to stuff fairly easily.

Yeah heat has helped a little, but not much.

I just have no tolerance for pain. :rolleyes:

FluffyMastiff said:
Overall, quite a bit less pain today (other than when wearing them), thank goodness. I'll be glad when it fully heals and I can eat food again I'm down to 125lbs, down from 135 (a month ago).

Have you tried grinding up some of your food so you can eat it better and you won't have to hurt your gums?

When my dad had swallowing problems, he lost a ton of weight. He couldn't swallow anything thick or solid or hard or anything. I would grind up some pot roast with a lot of the juices and make him mashed potatoes with LOTS of butter. He ate the whole thing in less than five minutes.

Maybe try some creamy soups? Or protein shakes? My dad ate a lot of those too and he got his weight back up until he could eat real foods again. We're actually going out for steak tomorrow night!

I'm so sorry you have to go through so much pain! That sounds so awful. I hope you feel better and get to enjoy your bacon soon!

ah, I forgot about this thread somehow.

My gums are healing quite nicely, some pain still but that's expected.

I'm eating a lot of soup, mashed potatoes, jello, pudding, scrambled eggs and food like that.

I would love a steak and bacon, but I just can't stomach the sight of pureed food.

Once my gums are healed, I'm going to have to get the dentures adjusted quite a bit before I can any good food. The bottom falls out just by opening my mouth and is down into the bottom gum line. The top one, I'm not sure yet, due to a large knot for the stitches, I can't keep it in for more than a few minutes (the same with the bottom plate). Once the stitches are out and gums healed a little bit more, I'll be able to tell the dentist where the plates need to be fixed at better.

On the plus side of being under 125 pounds, I fit into XL GoodNite quite nicely for a few days.

Thank You everyone :D

I 've had a tooth pulled so i know what its like sorry you had to have them pulled.:grouphug:

-hughug- but now you can do that cool weird stuff with dentures so it's awesome!

haha yeah maybe, if I could keep them in for longer than 5 minutes before gagging :/

FluffyMastiff said:
haha yeah maybe, if I could keep them in for longer than 5 minutes before gagging :/

You'll get the hang of it. I believe in you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back