Better Fitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evo19

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I've posted about this in the past before so I apologize for the repeat, but I'm started to feel a little frustrated when it comes to how my diapers fit me. I've read articles, taken advice in the past, but I'm still not feeling like diapers are fitting me like they should.

I'm pretty much in between a medium and large for most brands but I'm 90% sure I'm at the correct sizing. I have a bit of a belly, but I think maybe part of my problem is I can't determine how far up my back or the front it's supposed to go. Even though I've been wearing for a couple years, I just feel like I'm still doing something wrong.

Any advice is appreciated, along with videos, tips, or whatever anyone else can recommend. For instance, should the front waistband be in front of my stomach, or should it rest more on my natural waist and the back be farther up?

Hi, Evo. How is this poor fit manifesting itself? Are you getting leaks? Or is it just that they don't feel right? One thing I've found that has helped me reduce leaks is pulling the bottom tapes upward and the bottom tapes downward. This gives you a tighter seal, though it wouldn't help with the way the diaper feels, really. So what say you? What's harshing your buzz?

-RMS

Occasional leakage, but they just don't feel tight is the way I'll word it. More around the back of my legs I feel like there's too much space and it's just not hugging me quite the way it should be. Difficult to describe, but maybe that's how they are? :( When I try the bottom tapes upward, they seem to cross each other more than a >< shape.

Sounds like your butt is too small. he he... Sorry.

If you are snugging the center of the diaper into your crotch and then pull the wings tight evenly and tape. Tapes should land relatively mirrored of each other with a slight angle up/down or strait across, whatever your natural body shape to get a snug fit.

That sounds legitimate lol. I've used stuffers before around my butt and everything feels much better in terms of being snug. Maybe I just need to play more around with the tapes and I'll go from there

Since some diapers fit bigger than others, being between sizes in one brand should make you just right in another. It just narrows your options.

ABU, Bambino, Tykables, DC Amore, and Dry247 are about 1/2 size smaller than others afaik, so maybe try one of them. I'm kinda in the same boat, between medium and large for many diapers, so I go with large in these brands for a better fit. The large can still be a little big on me sometimes, with the top tapes typically about 7-8" apart in the front (more separation on the lowers) so there's plenty of wings left to use. But they seem to fit well.

And, better too large than too small!

Evo19 said:
I've posted about this in the past before so I apologize for the repeat, but I'm started to feel a little frustrated when it comes to how my diapers fit me. I've read articles, taken advice in the past, but I'm still not feeling like diapers are fitting me like they should.

I'm pretty much in between a medium and large for most brands but I'm 90% sure I'm at the correct sizing. I have a bit of a belly, but I think maybe part of my problem is I can't determine how far up my back or the front it's supposed to go. Even though I've been wearing for a couple years, I just feel like I'm still doing something wrong.

Any advice is appreciated, along with videos, tips, or whatever anyone else can recommend. For instance, should the front waistband be in front of my stomach, or should it rest more on my natural waist and the back be farther up?

Dude, I have had the same issue for THE LONGEST TIME. Here is the key, do it standing up with your legs somewhat open yet closed, Then pull the back of the diaper up to your waist line, the back must always be higher than the front. Pull on both wings to make sure there even on both sides. You then pull up the front by the middle of the diaper. You then close your legs and pull either one of the wings and diaper up. Point the bottom taps up and the top tapes DOWN, almost to the point of them over lapping the bottom tapes. Perfect fit everytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back