Should I order myself a Dummy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

INeedACuddle

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey everyone:) So it has only been a month now since I decided to order myself some Nappies (I just couldn't cooe with wanting to wear the super snuggly, cosy, cuddly, comforting things any longer). As you all know from my posts, I am completely new to wearing Nappies but I have worn several now and they have really helped calm me down from my anxiety and really help make me happy and forget everything.

The last few weeks I really have been feeling the desire to get myself a Dummy (pacifier). I was just wondering what everybody's experiences are with pacifiers? Should I just go ahead and order myself one as I have been brave enough to order myself Nappies to my house?

Also aswell, why does it look like all of the adult pacifiers for sale are broken? For example, the teet on a lot of adult pacifiers for sale looks like it has been squashed??? Please see my attached image to understand what I am referring to, why does the teet look flat and broken? Or is it just the angle of the image,

Stay comforted everybody and thank you with all of my heart

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 69
Most adult pacifiers have an ''orthodontic'' nipple that's kind of flat and angled. That's why it looks ''squashed.''

I personally like pacifiers, I sleep with one most nights, but I use a regular baby-sized one.

I remember when I bought my first pacifier, it was only some years ago, like 2012 or 2013. I recall the feeling of exitement, doing something that was a bit forbidden but at the same time totally my right as an adult buying whatever I wanted.
I started out with a super small one then finding my way through different materials, brands and sizes. I realise how lucky I am liking the 6-36 months easy-to-find-everywhere-pacifier. I use latex and I soon discovered that they become squeaky when getting too old. The adult special editions are sooo expensive, it would totally ruin me to carry on like I do with those.
After finding my favourite brand I was totally addicted - I use a paci almost every night, either sucking it or just holding it in my hand. Combining paci clipper colors with the pacifier itself is also very nice, for me matching colors are important, it troubles me when colors dont match.

Some of my earliest ones:
DSC06270.jpg

Yes you will enjoy it. I just got a Nuk 6 to replace my old Nuk 5 that is finished. Do have a Nuk 10 but it is to big for me however when I can would like to try a Nuk 7.

Hi.

Well it 2.30 am in the uk at the moment and i have just wocken up to a wet bed and a full nappy. Hee hee..

I would love to lay hear crying until someone comes and chances me and sorts out my wet bed. But I got to be a big boy and do all that for my self.

My first pacifier was one from baby section in supper Market.
It was for a 6 mouth + babby. it cost about about £10.00 for two.

As soon as I put it in my mouth the distressing magic worked.

That's what I would recommend Get a baby one first and see if you like them. If you do go for a AB one.

They are shaped that way to fit adult mouths.

And the wonder of falling asleep all wrapped up in a diaper, Cuddling your soft toy and sucking away on your pacifier. Is just wonderful.

You will be trying out cots next.

Hee hee

Have fun.

Sisi

INeedACuddle said:
I was just wondering what everybody's experiences are with pacifiers?

My experiences has been very positive. I am a former thumbsucker, so they can be comforting.

INeedACuddle said:
Should I just go ahead and order myself one as I have been brave enough to order myself Nappies to my house?

Yep, if you feel like you really want to try one. But be sure to get an adult one. Don't mess with those toddler ones. They won't fit in your mouth correctly.

INeedACuddle said:
Also aswell, why does it look like all of the adult pacifiers for sale are broken? For example, the teet on a lot of adult pacifiers for sale looks like it has been squashed??? Please see my attached image to understand what I am referring to, why does the teet look flat and broken? Or is it just the angle of the image

See below. KimbaStarshine hit the nail on the head.

KimbaStarshine said:
Most adult pacifiers have an ''orthodontic'' nipple that's kind of flat and angled. That's why it looks ''squashed.''

Yep, exactly.

I personally prefer the orthodontic Nuk style ones myself. If you're after something that's bigger, like a bulb, those are also available. I tried one once, and it made me choke and gag. Here's some of the different ones that Pacifiers R us carries. I really like the Nuk 7 personally. It fit perfect in my mouth. Just like my thumb. Very comforting. I've posted pictures of some of my pacifiers in a couple of pacifier related posts here in the past couple of days. If you're curious to see sizes, they are listed in the nipple picture that I'm attaching.

TEATLINEUP31.jpg

I think you should get a dummy.

Do you have a small mouth? If so, a larger baby dummy may be big enough for you and a real baby dummy is cheaper and easier to get than an adult dummy. If you have a normal sized adult mouth or a large one, an adult dummy may be better.

Just like with diapers, everyone is a little different and you will probably need to buy two or three dummies until you find the right one (which is another reason to get a baby dummy first and try it).

Wow thank you all so much, lots of very helpful and detailed replies here, so very nice of you all! I just literately thought "Ah just do it, if I ever get caught I will just explain that I can't help what I like and choose to do for comfort" I have ordered myself Nappies quite a few times now, every time I am waiting for my delivery I am shaking severely and so petrified I am going to get caught I make myself feel very faint and ill :( My mind just goes crazy, constantly thinking "what on earth will anyone say if I get caught" how I do not faint from how ill I feel I do not know. I literately look out of my window, every car that goes past hoping for it to be a Royal Mail van, just so I can get my delivery all over with somehow not making anyone aware of the postman visiting, I really wish I could calm myself down and stop being so petrified, it's just the whole "what on earth will anyone say if they see my deliveries, they will think I am weird etc etc etc"

Anyway, I have to be brave now, my items should be here tomorrow so it's al over with, I have a NUK 5 coming and a pack of 10 Nappies

Thank you all so much, with all my heart and best wishes to everybody, stay comfy and well :)

We all have the what if fears. Because our lifestyle is not considered normal, by Society at large. But consider what is normal.

Is someone gets pleasure out of doing something and it's not hurting anybody else. Then actually it's none of their business.

That's what I think anyway.

Hee hee

Sisi

Yeah! Very nice. You'll like the nuk 5. Did you get a regular one? (Solid white) or one that's been modified & placed into a different guard? The modified ones allow you to get any color combination for ring & guard.

INeedACuddle said:
Wow thank you all so much, lots of very helpful and detailed replies here, so very nice of you all! I just literately thought "Ah just do it, if I ever get caught I will just explain that I can't help what I like and choose to do for comfort" I have ordered myself Nappies quite a few times now, every time I am waiting for my delivery I am shaking severely and so petrified I am going to get caught I make myself feel very faint and ill :( My mind just goes crazy, constantly thinking "what on earth will anyone say if I get caught" how I do not faint from how ill I feel I do not know. I literately look out of my window, every car that goes past hoping for it to be a Royal Mail van, just so I can get my delivery all over with somehow not making anyone aware of the postman visiting, I really wish I could calm myself down and stop being so petrified, it's just the whole "what on earth will anyone say if they see my deliveries, they will think I am weird etc etc etc"

Anyway, I have to be brave now, my items should be here tomorrow so it's al over with, I have a NUK 5 coming and a pack of 10 Nappies

Thank you all so much, with all my heart and best wishes to everybody, stay comfy and well :)

If you feel worried then I recommend amazon prime because it all comes in a brown amazon prime box and you can't see what is inside :)

Hey everyone :) So after shaking constantly and having some serious anxiety attacks my Dummy and some more Nappies have been delivered to me. I have used my Dummy for several minutes (just in the bathroom) and wow, I love it. I can definitely see how my Dummy is going to help me with my anxiety from now on, I can't wait to get in bed tonight, get nice and comfy and Snuggly and just relax and drift into baby land with my Dummy. As you all know, I can't fall asleep with a Nappy on so I won't be going to sleep with my Dummy, I am just going to enjoy it in my private time. I cannot wait to have a free house so I can put a Nappy on and have my Dummy at the same time!

What doesn't surprise me is I have read online several stories of adults who suffer with bad anxiety and say they get great comfort and relaxation from using a Dummy, have any of you here heard any stories similar? Another thing I have read somewhere is ABDL has for some people a connection to OCD, which I also suffer from, obviously not all OCD sufferers are ABDL but I have definitely read upon a somewhat link. Again I have read so many posts on this fantastic website where people state they suffer with Anxiety and or Depression and OCD and other mental health problems aswell.

I know you all already know but it's no wonder we turn to babyish things for comfort and to cope. I mean what is more comforting than wearing a really lovely, really comfortable, really Snuggly, really cosy Nappy Nap Nap and cuddling a Teddy Bear and sucking on a Dummy?! Although I have only just got a Dummy and it may sound naive to say (because I haven't used it properly for a period of time) but I strongly believe that my favourite thing ever will always be Nappies, I have always wanted to wear them, words cannot explain how much I love Nappies, they just can't, I LOVE NAPPIES :) If only I could wear them more often. Anyway, one thing for sure is when I live alone I will be wearing them A LOT :)

Take care everybody, all the best to you all and as I always say... Make sure you stay comfy :)

Just got into my super cosy snuggly really comfy bed and I am sucking on my Dummy, I just cannot believe this, I feel the best I have feeled in a very long time, this is so soothing I just cannot explain right now how I feel, oh wow, aren't they just so incredibly relaxing ! Loving my Dummyyyyy :)

Hey so this is a picture of my Dummy and my Nappy that I wear :) I have only used my Dummy for 2 days now and it has seriously helped comfort me and really helped my Anxiety and Depression :) Has anybody heard or know about adults using Dummies for Anxiety? Mine really comforts me in words I cannot explain, Thank you so much for reading my post and here is my Nappy and Dummy :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 66
I have heard about adults using dummies to help with snoring and it also seems to be a good thing for autists, since they often tend to chew on things anyway so a dummy can prevent the destroyal of clothing or other things. But in general regression to childhood habits is a common method of therapy (okay, maybe not that common, but not unheard of) like playing with dolls again, so I can imagine that it can help with anxiety.

Also, yesterday I ordered a Nuk 4 (which appearently is a Nuk5...Germany, why are you so weird?) and it should arrive the day after tomorrow, so I'm really excited^^ I only have child-sized ones so far (though I must say, the mam perfect is quite comfortable), so I'm looking forward to having one that actually fits :3
I also ordered a teddy with a music box inside, since I loved these as a kid and I want to have one again.

Schwanensee said:
I have heard about adults using dummies to help with snoring and it also seems to be a good thing for autists, since they often tend to chew on things anyway so a dummy can prevent the destroyal of clothing or other things. But in general regression to childhood habits is a common method of therapy (okay, maybe not that common, but not unheard of) like playing with dolls again, so I can imagine that it can help with anxiety.

Also, yesterday I ordered a Nuk 4 (which appearently is a Nuk5...Germany, why are you so weird?) and it should arrive the day after tomorrow, so I'm really excited^^ I only have child-sized ones so far (though I must say, the mam perfect is quite comfortable), so I'm looking forward to having one that actually fits :3
I also ordered a teddy with a music box inside, since I loved these as a kid and I want to have one again.

If you did get a Nuk 5 (it'll be solid white. A nuk 4 will be a blue guard with a red ring); you'll love it. It'll fit nicely in your mouth. If you did get the Nuk 4, you'll like it because it's bigger than toddler ones; but you'll still need to get a 5. The size / length is very comforting. The 4 isn't long enough to fit inside of an adult mouth. It won't go past your teeth, so it'll cause pressure & be uncomfortable after awhile.

It's the white one, there's just this endless confusion because here in Germany, there is no Nuk5, so when I searched for it this one labelled Nuk4 L came up and I thought it would be a smaller one because people told me it was meant for ages 3 and up, but some pictures and the clear description as an "adult pacifier" cleared things up^^"

The fact that the small ones don't go past my teeth is really what bothers me the most, only, like I said, the mam "perfect" does (though not far). I don't know if you have these outside of Germany, it is a symmetrical one with a nice texture. The special thing about them is that they're very thin, so there's not much pressure on my teeth, but it still takes a little too much effort to keep it in my mouth to be completely comfortable.

Ohh yeah. You'll love it. I loved my Nuk 5. Used it for years. A year or two ago I got Pacifers R US's Nuk 7. Amazing. Love it.

INeedACuddle said:
Hey so this is a picture of my Dummy and my Nappy that I wear :) I have only used my Dummy for 2 days now and it has seriously helped comfort me and really helped my Anxiety and Depression :) Has anybody heard or know about adults using Dummies for Anxiety? Mine really comforts me in words I cannot explain, Thank you so much for reading my post and here is my Nappy and Dummy :)

So happy for you! Glad you enjoy your nappies and dummy! They are cute. :)
I personally do use my pacifier for anxiety. I have frequent anxiety attacks throughout the day and my pacifier tremendously helps calm me down. It is very soothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back