Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should I order myself a Dummy?

INeedACuddle

Default Should I order myself a Dummy?

Hey everyone So it has only been a month now since I decided to order myself some Nappies (I just couldn't cooe with wanting to wear the super snuggly, cosy, cuddly, comforting things any longer). As you all know from my posts, I am completely new to wearing Nappies but I have worn several now and they have really helped calm me down from my anxiety and really help make me happy and forget everything.

The last few weeks I really have been feeling the desire to get myself a Dummy (pacifier). I was just wondering what everybody's experiences are with pacifiers? Should I just go ahead and order myself one as I have been brave enough to order myself Nappies to my house?

Also aswell, why does it look like all of the adult pacifiers for sale are broken? For example, the teet on a lot of adult pacifiers for sale looks like it has been squashed??? Please see my attached image to understand what I am referring to, why does the teet look flat and broken? Or is it just the angle of the image,

Stay comforted everybody and thank you with all of my heart
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	5.4 KB 
ID:	25564  

Most adult pacifiers have an ''orthodontic'' nipple that's kind of flat and angled. That's why it looks ''squashed.''

I personally like pacifiers, I sleep with one most nights, but I use a regular baby-sized one.

I remember when I bought my first pacifier, it was only some years ago, like 2012 or 2013. I recall the feeling of exitement, doing something that was a bit forbidden but at the same time totally my right as an adult buying whatever I wanted.
    I started out with a super small one then finding my way through different materials, brands and sizes. I realise how lucky I am liking the 6-36 months easy-to-find-everywhere-pacifier. I use latex and I soon discovered that they become squeaky when getting too old. The adult special editions are sooo expensive, it would totally ruin me to carry on like I do with those.
    After finding my favourite brand I was totally addicted - I use a paci almost every night, either sucking it or just holding it in my hand. Combining paci clipper colors with the pacifier itself is also very nice, for me matching colors are important, it troubles me when colors dont match.

Some of my earliest ones:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC06270.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	25568

Definitely order one! I have just ordered this one https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/2633...home_active_18, they have them in blue or white too Click image for larger version. 

Name:	paci.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	25570 but I also have four MAM 12m+ ones which I love too! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	soothie.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	25574 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	soothie 2.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	25575 they are so relaxing

Yes you will enjoy it. I just got a Nuk 6 to replace my old Nuk 5 that is finished. Do have a Nuk 10 but it is to big for me however when I can would like to try a Nuk 7.

Hi.

Well it 2.30 am in the uk at the moment and i have just wocken up to a wet bed and a full nappy. Hee hee..

I would love to lay hear crying until someone comes and chances me and sorts out my wet bed. But I got to be a big boy and do all that for my self.

My first pacifier was one from baby section in supper Market.
    It was for a 6 mouth + babby. it cost about about £10.00 for two.

As soon as I put it in my mouth the distressing magic worked.

That's what I would recommend Get a baby one first and see if you like them. If you do go for a AB one.

They are shaped that way to fit adult mouths.

And the wonder of falling asleep all wrapped up in a diaper, Cuddling your soft toy and sucking away on your pacifier. Is just wonderful.

You will be trying out cots next.

Hee hee

Have fun.

Sisi

Quote Originally Posted by INeedACuddle View Post
    I was just wondering what everybody's experiences are with pacifiers?
    My experiences has been very positive. I am a former thumbsucker, so they can be comforting.

Should I just go ahead and order myself one as I have been brave enough to order myself Nappies to my house?
    Yep, if you feel like you really want to try one. But be sure to get an adult one. Don't mess with those toddler ones. They won't fit in your mouth correctly.

Also aswell, why does it look like all of the adult pacifiers for sale are broken? For example, the teet on a lot of adult pacifiers for sale looks like it has been squashed??? Please see my attached image to understand what I am referring to, why does the teet look flat and broken? Or is it just the angle of the image
    See below. KimbaStarshine hit the nail on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine View Post
    Most adult pacifiers have an ''orthodontic'' nipple that's kind of flat and angled. That's why it looks ''squashed.''
    Yep, exactly.

I personally prefer the orthodontic Nuk style ones myself. If you're after something that's bigger, like a bulb, those are also available. I tried one once, and it made me choke and gag. Here's some of the different ones that Pacifiers R us carries. I really like the Nuk 7 personally. It fit perfect in my mouth. Just like my thumb. Very comforting. I've posted pictures of some of my pacifiers in a couple of pacifier related posts here in the past couple of days. If you're curious to see sizes, they are listed in the nipple picture that I'm attaching.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TEATLINEUP31.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	25577

I think you should get a dummy.

Do you have a small mouth? If so, a larger baby dummy may be big enough for you and a real baby dummy is cheaper and easier to get than an adult dummy. If you have a normal sized adult mouth or a large one, an adult dummy may be better.

Just like with diapers, everyone is a little different and you will probably need to buy two or three dummies until you find the right one (which is another reason to get a baby dummy first and try it).

INeedACuddle

Wow thank you all so much, lots of very helpful and detailed replies here, so very nice of you all! I just literately thought "Ah just do it, if I ever get caught I will just explain that I can't help what I like and choose to do for comfort" I have ordered myself Nappies quite a few times now, every time I am waiting for my delivery I am shaking severely and so petrified I am going to get caught I make myself feel very faint and ill My mind just goes crazy, constantly thinking "what on earth will anyone say if I get caught" how I do not faint from how ill I feel I do not know. I literately look out of my window, every car that goes past hoping for it to be a Royal Mail van, just so I can get my delivery all over with somehow not making anyone aware of the postman visiting, I really wish I could calm myself down and stop being so petrified, it's just the whole "what on earth will anyone say if they see my deliveries, they will think I am weird etc etc etc"

Anyway, I have to be brave now, my items should be here tomorrow so it's al over with, I have a NUK 5 coming and a pack of 10 Nappies

Thank you all so much, with all my heart and best wishes to everybody, stay comfy and well

We all have the what if fears. Because our lifestyle is not considered normal, by Society at large. But consider what is normal.

Is someone gets pleasure out of doing something and it's not hurting anybody else. Then actually it's none of their business.

That's what I think anyway.

Hee hee

Sisi