IBS and Diarrhea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carruthers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I have IBS that has caused diarrhea several times a year resulting in accidents once or twice a year. Has anyone found a disposable that works well for containment? I usually wear cloth diapers and plastic pants and use disposables for travel.

That is the same reason that I've gone over to just wearing diapers. I use Abena L4 are about the best you'll get for containment. There is still the rare occasion that some may come out if you go when sitting or something but it'll be minimal.

any disposable diapers with leak guards should work for fecal containment.

Thanks for the information. It.will be useful.

The Abena M4s, Dry24/7s, and ABU Sinples work the best for me.

any thing that's not a pull up and had standing guards should do fine.

You and me are in similar boats, and wait, only several? I suffer diarrhea on a day to day basis, do I have some kind of freak form of IBS-D? Well, either way I'm being officially checked out in a month along with having my kidneys checked, Lord knows I need it.

Thanks for the information. I appreciate it.

Carruthers,

All leak guards help. I would not consider a diaper without standing internal leak guards as I am double incontinent. However, all leak guards are not equal. The best ones are relatively stiff and are tall. IMHO the best are in the Unique Wellness Superio Signature diaper and the ConfiDry Dry 24/7 diapers. Both have a plastic shell.

--John
(double incontinent and wearing 24/7; cloth at night)

There is already lots of good advice here. One extra suggestion I'd make is to wear snug-fitting waterproof overpants as well as a diaper. They really help with odour control.

You can also use the rather expensive Nullo tablets to reduce odors or the inexpesice activated charcoal powder in double zero capsules. I myself have IBS-C complicated by multiple medical problems that all cause further constipation and compund that with OIC caused by heavy painkillers and you get a miseracle constipation that sometimes responds a little to the 8 diffrent laxatives and stool softeners i take orally plus the 2 suppositories i use everyother day with frequent digital self disimpaction, my colo rectal guy says when i say a 3 or 4 out of 10 on a pain scale that would be about a 12 or 13 for anyone else, most severely impacted patients have him do it under anesthisesia as surgery because it hurts so bad, so him knowing that i do it myself is unthinkable and undoable to most people. So although IBS-D is upsetting and life altering as well as embarrasing if i had three wishes from a leprechuan( It is Saint Patricks day) i would use one to have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back