DC Amor arrived in the mail...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chronoshift

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
  2. Other
I ordered a sample pack of the new DC Amor, and they arrived today.
I've yet to try them, as my girl doesn't live with me yet, but I'm really looking forward to this weekend.

Thought I'd fire up a thread and tell everyone about my experience this far.

Late last year I sent an e-mail to DC about the fact that I can't order from the site. I simply can't select my country of residence in the drop down, so I asked if I could order by e-mail.
I got no response, so I figured it got lost in the Christmas shuffle, and poked at them about it in late January. Shortly after my second message, I got a response, and since then the responses have been prompt and courteous. I'm very glad I didn't let the first impression of being ignored stick, and gave it another go.

After a short exchange I ordered a couple of Amors to try out. As my girl is between two sizes I ordered one of each at DC's suggestion.
They arrived much quicker than I thought they would, having been shipped almost 5000 miles!

Now for the all important wear test, followed by the do-or-die wet test.
My girl is *terrified* of leaks, so i hope they are up to it!

Looking forward to a good report.

I put her in them earlier, and she is super happy.
The crinkliness is amusing to me, but mortifying to her, just the way I like it. She is happy with the softness of it and prefer them even to the Tena Slip Ultima as of right now.
We'll see when she wets it!

The Large is too large, though.
We'll see how the Medium fits when I change her.

The Medium was a little too small, so we both agree that the Large is better.
Passed the wetting test with flying colors, and the tapes turned out to be refastenable so long as we stay within the tape area on the front.

Super happy with them overall, and I'll be ordering a boatload of them.

Jeremy, the DC proprietor, was out sick just as I was going to order.
That's the problem with his/their setup... As I'm not in the US, I have to order by e-mailing this guy. It would be very nice in deed to get some kind of feedback, and not have to deal with an @yahoo.com e-mail.

Oh well, I've made my order now, let's see how it works out.
The diapers are good enough for me to accept the wonky business setup. For now.

Chronoshift said:
Jeremy, the DC proprietor, was out sick just as I was going to order.
That's the problem with his/their setup... As I'm not in the US, I have to order by e-mailing this guy. It would be very nice in deed to get some kind of feedback, and not have to deal with an @yahoo.com e-mail.

I'd imagine they have someone else responding to the company (ordering / customer service) email address even while Jeremy is out?

That's the e-mail I have, and where they/he are/is responding to customer e-mails.
I got that one from his response to my filling out the contact form on the website, so it's as official as I could get a hold of.

Jeremy is actually a member here, just stick around, I'm sure he'll respond to it soon enough.

I believe he does all of this on his own.

Oh, yeah, he responded and everything is fine now.
It just took a while as he has been sick. Bad luck on my part.
It would have been very reassuring to get some kind of response, even an automated one, that my e-mail was received. I thought it might have been spam-filtered or something.

I checked them out earlier, and I kinda wonder: Are they always so expensive? I don't have much experience with premium diapers, but they seem to be the most expensive I've come across (12-pack costs 46 dollars). I noticed they said they're low on stock, so could priced potentially drop when they get more in? Eh, I'll probably be stuck with Abenas for quite awhile...

Braves26 said:
I checked them out earlier, and I kinda wonder: Are they always so expensive? I don't have much experience with premium diapers, but they seem to be the most expensive I've come across (12-pack costs 46 dollars). I noticed they said they're low on stock, so could priced potentially drop when they get more in? Eh, I'll probably be stuck with Abenas for quite awhile...

$2/pc seems to be a common price point right now for premium diapers, sold by the case. Prices always get higher fast when you go for lower quantities. Some shops have a considerable markup also, or don't offer case prices.

Diaperconn sells large DC AMore cases (96ct) for $192, exactly $2/pc. Double cases of 144 are cheaper than $2/pc.

ABU cases of Space are 80 for $168 or 1/2 cases of SDKs 40 for $85.

bambino lg teddy 48 for $85

awwsocute are 10 for $20.

rearz is quite a bit higher for some reason, but the $2/pc for premiums by the case seems to be pretty consistent across the board right now. Tykables waddler overnights are one of the few that are lower in price. But they're a bit thinner.

The two samples I got were of absolutely excellent quality.
It's almost silly how soft they were, and my girl fell in love with them instantly.
When she wet them there wasn't even a hint at possibly leaking, and the experience was a pleasant one for her.

That's easily worth $2/pc, even with the outrageous international shipping on top of it.

My boyfriend indulged me for christmas by getting them for me. I absolutely LOVE them! They are EXTREMELY absorbant and I haven't had to deal with leaks. Not to mention, they are super duper cute!!!

They've arrived now.
Had to pay an additional SEK 400 (~$50) in import fees and taxes, but they're here!

She's super-happy about it, and so am I.

If I had the capital I'd try and arrange some sort of European re-seller deal for these, as they are ridiculously expensive to ship, and China -> USA -> Sweden is a *serious* detour.
Anyway, the product is amazing, and that's what matters in the end.

Chronoshift said:
My girl is *terrified* of leaks, so i hope they are up to it!

That's funny!

My girlfriend, although she has worn for me only a handful of times, always ends up leaking her diaper. This makes her livid.

"These things don't even work!"

I also can't help but notice that you are a fellow maiden fan! Cheers mate! I'm seeing them at the end of the month. Can't wait.

Cloud said:
That's funny!

My girlfriend, although she has worn for me only a handful of times, always ends up leaking her diaper. This makes her livid.

I don't know why, but it seems like I always end up leaking as well. Wore an Abena L4 last week, seemed to somehow leak out from the back plastic on the second flood. Made an DC Idyl leak on the second wetting as well. Always Discreet Maximum Absorbency yesterday, couldn't even take one wetting done in spurts without leaving a damp spot on my pants.

Suggest you leakers rethink your lower tapes and gutter. The lower tapes are NOT meant to go straight in toward each other or UP, they are meant to go DOWN and AROUND your legs, ideally, working in concert with the crotch elastic. And make sure you have a downward fold in the crotch so your diaper gets a "V" profile and NOT a "W" profile. (with an upward crease in the middle) There needs to be an air channel for liquids to flow forward and down, to the rear. And when sitting, avoid flooding. If you do wet while sitting, don't get up for a minute or so, allow it to wick. Or just plain stand up and go, walk around a bit, THEN sit down.

https://www.adisc.org/forum/album.php?albumid=1507&attachmentid=3521

I've had the pleasure of trying one the DC Amor and it became an instant favorite. Great feel, absorbancy, and super cute. I'm fairly certain it will be the next case that I order.

I ordered 4x12pc, and it really feels like the right choice.
Even with the absurd shipping and customs prices, it feels well worth it. They are *amazing*.

Most importantly: They put a smile on my girl's face. Hard to put a price tag on that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back