Is there an age where society would accept wearing "protection"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unicycleman

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I have been wearing diapers at night for years. About 12 or so years ago my wife insisted I do so because I was waking her up so much getting up two or more times a night to go to the bathroom. And she knew that I enjoyed wearing them at night anyway (I would wear them a couple of nights a week in which we both got a lot more sleep), so she just said that I was going to wear them EVERY night or she would be sleeping in another room. It wasn't to hard of a sell!!

Since she used cloth diapers on all of our kids she knows how to handle and take care of them well so that is what she had/let me wear even when I wore them for fun. She gets them and the diaper covers from Adult Cloth Diaper and Babykins.

I have always been leery about her hanging them up outside (she says that is the best for them and they have lasted for years), because of our neighbors. But to no avail. There is a load of them on the line now in plain view.

I will be turning 68 this week and lately I have not been so concerned about what other people may think of me needing diapers at my age. I see many people in Wal-Mart and such with "protection" things in their carts. Mostly older then me but I have seen younger also (could be buying for others but who knows).

So I am just asking what others may think along these lines. Is there a "cut off point" where society accepts the fact that some people may need diapers and not find that funny or embarrassing?

Reactions: DiaperGuy08
When you're in the nursing home/on your deathbed. Otherwise, there's always going to be some comedian. I think your best bet is just to go with that growing sense of not caring what other people think about it if it's of practical benefit for you to wear.

Unicycleman said:
I have been wearing diapers at night for years. About 12 or so years ago my wife insisted I do so because I was waking her up so much getting up two or more times a night to go to the bathroom. And she knew that I enjoyed wearing them at night anyway (I would wear them a couple of nights a week in which we both got a lot more sleep), so she just said that I was going to wear them EVERY night or she would be sleeping in another room. It wasn't to hard of a sell!!

Since she used cloth diapers on all of our kids she knows how to handle and take care of them well so that is what she had/let me wear even when I wore them for fun. She gets them and the diaper covers from Adult Cloth Diaper and Babykins.

I have always been leery about her hanging them up outside (she says that is the best for them and they have lasted for years), because of our neighbors. But to no avail. There is a load of them on the line now in plain view.

I will be turning 68 this week and lately I have not been so concerned about what other people may think of me needing diapers at my age. I see many people in Wal-Mart and such with "protection" things in their carts. Mostly older then me but I have seen younger also (could be buying for others but who knows).

So I am just asking what others may think along these lines. Is there a "cut off point" where society accepts the fact that some people may need diapers and not find that funny or embarrassing?

The pull-ons from Depend, such as the men's "Real Fit" are perfectly fine for someone over 60 who is ambulatory, but slow. If you are diagnosed with autism, then it's doubtful anybody will care much either. If you show no sign of being "slow" mentally or physically, then some may raise a fuss over it. Maybe a good explanation or doctor's note would likely be the best bet if you ever get "spotted".

As for being "funny": Since I have a developmental disability, I am among the most HATED by the ABDL population (I am neither AB, nor "DL", I just have autism). But it's not my fault. Really, it's not. I'm just not proud of having to wear for medical reasons, and don't feel I have to be. And I see nothing wrong with that.

In about 3 weeks I will be 58, and nothing wrong with being under 60 and needing to wear diapers.
I have Autism and Cerebral Palsy, and I need them anyway to keep my pants, chairs, and bed dry.

Honeywell6180 said:
If you show no sign of being "slow" mentally or physically, then some may raise a fuss over it. Maybe a good explanation or doctor's note would likely be the best bet if you ever get "spotted".

If I were talking with someone and they told me they'd prove why they wear them with a doctor's note, that'd raise my curiosity rather than diminish it. Someone who didn't care much what I thought would seem more unremarkable to me. In my experience the best indicator of something isn't the literal content of what they say, but the things they project onto me and go to effort to try to eliminate the possibility of. It's like the classic situation where they say "and whatever you do, don't look behind this door, because it's not there!"

Of course I don't care what someone's into generally as long as it's not harming others. People have all sorts of things they pour time and money into, e.g. collecting, eating out, cars, big house, cellphone plans, clothing, whatever. AB/DLs fit in with all that in my view, just another thing to get a certain experience to meet whatever needs.

I've been IC for 20+years the age society accepts protection is the first day you don't pee on there brand new couch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back