Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daddy, but not Boyfriend?

Default Daddy, but not Boyfriend?

I recently entered into a ddlg relationship with a guy I really like, but. . . I don't think I love him like a boyfriend like I originally thought. The problem is, even though I might not want to date him, I still want him as my Daddy. Or at least I think I do. I am fine with everything that happens when I'm Little, but am really confused when I'm Big. Should I give it more time, try to suggest a friendship with Daddy/Little stuff, or should I break up with him and try to just stay normal friends? I am going to try and stay friends with him. I just don't know what to do or think. Any advice please?

I can understand your apprehension and I would put it this way to try and help and these are not questions you need to reply too but ones you need to think about. What do you want in a relationship with a boyfriend? What are your needs in a relationship?(Example: Spending time together and what you essentially believe you need in a relationship to work.) If you don't like them that way then ask yourself if you think you can continue the ddlg relationship or if its better to stop? I always believe you should remain friends in the sense of no matter what happens because friends especially good ones can help during numerous times.

I am sorry if it doesn't sound like I can offer much but this is a personal decision you must make. It seems like you don't want to remain in a relationship and I would say you might have to tell them that though of course that is hard especially if you do things like this which requires to be fairly close. You obviously trusted them enough though and they obviously trusted you as much the same so I believe based on that you have the potential of having a very good friend though. If you have interests you still want to share and explore you can always have fun. Friends are the best for that and also the best to tease, joke around and mess with. You don't have to be in a relationship to continue what you are doing just make sure it is fine with both you and them first.

Sorry if I don't make sense it is very late and I am dead tired its been a long time since I have been on here but I would like to help where I can.

I'm just not sure if I should even bring up staying in a ddlg relationship. It might hurt him further than just breaking up. . .

That is the hardest part and I have been in similar situations. I would agree with that and I am sorry this has happened. Having fun and teasing is a way to cope though and you seem torn so you definitely care about this person. You need to be happy as well though and that is very important. This will be a very tough decision and I believe you really need to talk to them about this. I wouldn't want you to lose a friend either. Breaking up is hard but it seems like something you want and you do need to think about yourself. I know it sounds selfish but it is for both you and him that you must think this way. You can't live this way if you are not happy but if you are apprehensive you should keep thinking about it but it seems you have already thought about it quite a lot. If the relationship can't last in that way then focus on what it can last on. What can unite and keep you guys friends and keep you close whether its from video games too anime if there is still something to unite you. You could use that to stay friends but I believe you might have to talk to him and if you have mutual friends that could possibly help and not cause drama use them but if that isn't the case just talk together and let him know.

I know it is hard but I hope things will go well for both of you.

I'm going to bed but I will be responding on this board as much as I can just happened to see this unanswered and I hope you well.

I think the thing to ask here is if you know what he wants. If you don't you, you might need to ask him. If he wants more than you're willing to give him, and you don't think that will change over time, then you'll need to figure out some way to do a breakup as nicely as possible and hopefully keep a friendship.

On the other hand, he might also be a person who separates the romantic relationship from the ddlg aspect, and therefore would be very happy to continue that even if you're not romantically together when you're big.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieRoni View Post
    I think the thing to ask here is if you know what he wants. If you don't you, you might need to ask him. If he wants more than you're willing to give him, and you don't think that will change over time, then you'll need to figure out some way to do a breakup as nicely as possible and hopefully keep a friendship.

On the other hand, he might also be a person who separates the romantic relationship from the ddlg aspect, and therefore would be very happy to continue that even if you're not romantically together when you're big.
    Ditto this. Basically, you need to talk to him and find out what he wants, and then decide if you are wasting his time or not.

From what you've told us, it sounds as though you are afraid of letting him get close to you. You are happy letting him participate in your fantasies because they aren't grounded in reality. But when it comes to a serious intimate relationship, something kicks in & it may be that which is confusing you.
    I am not saying he should be your "Til Death Do Us Part"! However, I do want you to think about this more carefully encase you forfeit this relationship & it happens again - exactly the same with another person. :O This is a very potential possibility.
    Either way, you need to asses just how much your desires to age-play is a part of YOU. Or if this is an escape from your former self. Because if the circumstances were inverted; so you had the boyfriend you could do anything with as an adult, but couldn't revert to a little girl... that could cause just as much solicitude. Possibly more; having known that dreams & subconscious thoughts bare relevance to more dominating thoughts. Learn all you can about yourself before you expect to love another unequivocally.

So I've actually talked with him and we've decided to be friends with nonsexual little play mixed in. He says he is happy to just stay my friend and I told him that if he wants to stop the play at anytime, he can. He told me the same and we agreed to see where it goes. He told me that he was feeling kind of out of sorts in our relationship too and is happy that I am willing to have this new kind of relationship with him Thank you for all of your advice and your time.

I am very glad and happy for you and everyone here provided really good answers as well. I am glad you guys can still relate and experience things together and that things went well. As Travis stated learn to love yourself.

BabyJayk

Quote Originally Posted by Mandychan View Post
    I recently entered into a ddlg relationship with a guy I really like, but. . . I don't think I love him like a boyfriend like I originally thought. The problem is, even though I might not want to date him, I still want him as my Daddy. Or at least I think I do. I am fine with everything that happens when I'm Little, but am really confused when I'm Big. Should I give it more time, try to suggest a friendship with Daddy/Little stuff, or should I break up with him and try to just stay normal friends? I am going to try and stay friends with him. I just don't know what to do or think. Any advice please?

IMHO, the whole breaking up and staying friends thing is a myth. Because a break up always leaves at least one party hurting and there is always going to be a one sided romantic feeling from one of you. Don't pull the "but I want to stay friends thing" with him you have crossed the relationship Rubicon in that regard leave it at that.

Here is the good news if you can call it that. If you are prepared to tell him that you don't feel right being romantically involved with him as your Daddy but you still want to be his little girl, he might be accepting of that. Depends on the kind of Daddy he is.

I have been in a switch relationship for 6 years and we still love each others company and can't do without one another. BUT that "spark" as my wife calls it. Doesn't last forever, not in any relationship with anyone. Love is not some at first sight feeling between two people where you meet your soul mate and are together forever. That's a load of crap. Real love, is even better than that. It's a conscious choice between two separate beings to become one, to think of the needs of the other above your own, to be an inseparable team in all things, to trust each other above anything else. It is when you get up in the morning and do things for both of you. It's loyalty and trust and acceptance that we as human beings are lucky to experience. So don't buy into the romance novel bs. Decide if you want to be with him then make the choice, decide if you will be there to love him, putting your relationship first always, no matter what.
    Then you will know whether you should go or stay.