Targeted Diaper Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I'm just curious, has anyone else started seeing targeted diaper ads from visiting ADISC? I've noticed things like huggies ads, training pants ads, pampers etc. start popping up sometimes on random sites (like if I'm visiting Wikia for a videogame or reading the news on a site with a an adbox on the side). I do browse this site in incognito mode on chrome, but somehow I'm still getting them. Not that I mind all that much, but it's still disconcerting to see that some sort of tracking thing is happening even through the supposedly private browsing mode (not surprising, but disconcerting).

Well, I can't say for sure it's from visiting ADISC, as I also use sites like FurAffinity and shop for diapers online, but I do get diaper ads. I recall one for the Honest Company diapers popping up on FurAffinity. I don't use incognito mode though.

KimbaStarshine said:
Well, I can't say for sure it's from visiting ADISC, as I also use sites like FurAffinity and shop for diapers online, but I do get diaper ads. I recall one for the Honest Company diapers popping up on FurAffinity. I don't use incognito mode though.

Mm, I do order online, so I guess I can't say it's ADISC for sure either. I haven't been on FurAffinity in a while though, so my options are definitely more narrow.

I do, even Skype is getting in on it! But I also buy diapers from a couple different online retailers, and a google survey at one point asked if I or a relative bought adult diapers and I did respond yes about 2-3 times a month.

I haven't ordered or even looked at diaper sites in quite a while, so my diaper ads have gone away. So I don't think ADISC is the problem.

Just a thought, I know that Amazon makes purchase suggestions based upon my search history on Google, so it wouldn't surprise me that the reverse would be true as well. I'd be surprised if the ads are the result of a visit here, especially incognito.

I have Adblock, so I don't get any ads. xP

ABDLNerd said:
I have Adblock, so I don't get any ads. xP

Same with AdBlock. I visit this is in incognito mode, and there is a way to turn off suggestions from Google. So I doubt I would see anything even without adblock.

Do _not_ search for Adult Diapers on AliExpress/Alibaba.

You will get stalked.

Adverts? Are they those unwanted messages that people in the 1990s used to see everywhere?!

You want to get an ad-blocker, and something to block or delete tracking cookies, LSOs, etc. Set the browser to clear your cache and cookies on exit, and if you do social networking, use a dedicated browser profile.

I don't know about other browsers, but you can execute firefox with the -p option to open the profile manager and create or select a profile to use. And you can use the --no-remote option to open a subsequent firefox instance using a different profile to the first.

I use Add Blocker Plus on chrome and firefox and get no adds.

Adblocker blocks you from seeing the adds, which is awesome pawsome. But it doesn't stop the stalker adds from being there. They will show up if you log into another PC. That can be rather bad if you log into your girlfriend's parents computer to check your email and then get many adds for .... whatever you search for or visit most often. :eek!:

There are tracker blockers like Ghost, which do an awesome job at preventing third party sites from tracking your movements on the web.

Or you can just not worry about it, plenty of other things that warrant more worry.

ArchieRoni said:
I'm just curious, has anyone else started seeing targeted diaper ads from visiting ADISC? I've noticed things like huggies ads, training pants ads, pampers etc. start popping up sometimes on random sites (like if I'm visiting Wikia for a videogame or reading the news on a site with a an adbox on the side). I do browse this site in incognito mode on chrome, but somehow I'm still getting them. Not that I mind all that much, but it's still disconcerting to see that some sort of tracking thing is happening even through the supposedly private browsing mode (not surprising, but disconcerting).

I have an ad blocker installed, so I don't really see the ads. If you're paranoid of people seeing them on your computer, that'll solve the problem.

If you're logged into an email account (particularly Gmail), you might check whether it is or has saved your online history. More details on that for Gmail can be found here.

I'm guessing it's Google or another company tracking you, not ADISC. Moo wouldn't help companies track you, given his views on online privacy.

okram said:
Do _not_ search for Adult Diapers on AliExpress/Alibaba.

You will get stalked.

can you elaborate please? lol

PaddedChi said:
can you elaborate please? lol

they may place cookies on your computer that cause other web sites with banner ads to display diaper ads because you showed interest in that specific product and they have ali as an advertising customer.

bambinod said:
they may place cookies on your computer that cause other web sites with banner ads to display diaper ads because you showed interest in that specific product and they have ali as an advertising customer.

Ok now i know what you're talking about, i've experienced this.

HogansHeroes said:
I have an ad blocker installed, so I don't really see the ads. If you're paranoid of people seeing them on your computer, that'll solve the problem.
An adblocker will solve it on your computer in the same way that duct tape will solve the problem of a VCR blinking 12:00. If you want to fix the root of the issue you need something to block tracking, such as ghostery.

And as far as tracking and the whole Google ecosystem goes, chrome browser has a unique ID attached to it which is visible to websites even in incognito mode. That data can then be theoretically used to give you targeted ads based on your incognito browsing. Though I suspect the biggest information leak is coming from people ordering diapers online and using their gmail account. Google (and most other free email providers) pull keywords out of emails to target ads that way (and that method will bypass anti-tracking plugins such as ghostery too)

Yeah, I would guess it would come via purchasing diaper on line rather than ADISC, simply because our site is small and doesn't have nearly the traffic that say, Amazon would have.

I'm guessing either a google search at some point or maybe somebody tracking me based on confirmation emails for diaper orders. I don't think Bambino or Tykables drops advertisement cookies, and I agree with the people pointing out it's not likely to be ADISC.

As a note, I do use adblock plus, but I have it disabled on a number of sites I regularly visit that show banner ads because I want to support those websites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back