Wetting nappy during the night

Status
Not open for further replies.

DictionaryA

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi,

Took a break from wearing a nappy to bed for a few weeks, but have started again. I wear the one nappy all through the night and don't worry about changes if I wet it during the night. A lot of the time I was sleeping all through the night, so I only wet it the following morning. When I was without a nappy for a few weeks, for whatever reason I found myself needing to get up a good bit to pee. I was missing having the nappy on, so I saw it as another incentive to get back into a nappy going to bed. At least then if I need to go once or twice during the night, I can just wet the nappy, stay warm under the covers and fall back asleep.

My problem is, I simply cannot get around not being able to pee while lying down in the bed. Clearly my head is still blocking it from happening and needs me to be standing up before going. I then end up standing up, going, and then getting back into bed. Which kinda ruins the whole not getting out of the warm bed thing! And then it takes longer to get back to sleep.

I did think that being a man, maybe there was too much pressure on my penis if it was right up against the inside of the nappy, preventing me from wetting it. But even putting the nappy a bit looser hasn't helped, and I don't want to cause a leak either.

How long did you find it took to get your head around wetting your nappy while lying down in the bed? Did you find some way of just relaxing and getting around the block in the head that says you need to stand up to pee? This has been an issue for quite a while at this stage.

Any help appreciated :)

I managed to wet lying down in bed maybe once or twice. Now I can't. -_- People will tell you it's all about relaxing and trusting your diaper, getting over that mental block of not peeing in bed, but I guess for some it's easier than for others. I don't know if it would help, but maybe getting a waterproof mattress cover would put your mind at ease some?

As others have already said, just try to relax your mind and think "if it leaks, so what, at least I tried?" Just trust your Nappy and do wee wees when you want to:) I have only been wearing Nappies for about a month now (I couldn't deal with wanting to wear them so much so just went ahead and bought myself some from online) and my first wetting in a Nappy was lying down in bed, I just thought "I have paid for these so let's just have a nice wee wee in my Nappy as I have paid and gone through all the anxiety of having them delivered to my house so I am going to enjoy my Nappy"

I guess you will gradually get used to wetting your Nappy in bed and I wish you with all my heart the very best of luck, I have found recently I don't really like the back part of my Nappy being wet (and as of this week have seemed to notice the back part of my Nappy only getting wet when I wee laying on my back) I absolutely love standing up to soak the front part of my Nappy and then sitting down and rubbing the squishyness, I have only experienced that this week, I stand up, soak my Nappy and then sit down and rub my Nappy for as long as I can until I no longer have a free house, Ahh it felt so lovely, comforting and nice sitting there in my really warm cosy Nappy :)

I am incontinent, but that can make it more difficult to pee on demand sometimes. Try getting in a comfortable position to pee, pee a little to 'prime the pump', then lay back down and continue peeing. You may need to pull your knees up to help relax the pelvic floor.

What I did was to learn was really simple. First and formost make sure you tuck your junk down so that the flow goes down the center of the diaper and up the back. Secondly just relax the bladder muscles(relax the sphincter like your peeing). After a few moments you should notice a light trickle and thats when you can push and release the flood gates. It takes practice but its like riding a bike, once you learn how you dont forget.

As everyone has said, give it time. DO NOT drink a lot of water thinking it'll force you to go. I tried that, it doesn't work and its miserable. It's just going to take time to get more control over your bladder. Don't concern yourself about emptying out. Just try to at least get a trickle going whenever you wake up. Call it good and fall back asleep. See how much you can do in the morning before getting up out of bed. Cat's "prime the pump" suggestion is also a good one. Once you've started, even having a little urine still in your urethra, will help your body resume. Starting is always harder than resuming or finishing.

It is something that you get used to once you do it several times, it didn't take me but a couple of nights to pee while lying down.

You could try this. Stand up to and start peeing and while still going get back into bed and lay down. You will probably stop when you start to lay back down but keep doing it. It will take some time, but the more you do it the closer you will get to still be peeing when you lay down and then not even having to stand up. It takes practice though.

One thing that helped me was taking my mind off trying to pee so I grab my phone when I know I need to pee and go on facebook or play a game etc and I did point percy down so as not to get a face full or it come out the front of the nappy. Works both on my back and on my stomach.

I wear thick cloth diapers every night with plastic bloomers. The confidence it gives me is helpful, knowing I won't leak on the sheets. Secondly, I've listened to some hypnotizing sessions online, and while I don't actually "go under", it gives me the encouragement and comfort - that warm and fuzzy feeling to be reassured it's a normal thing to do. Using a trigger phrase or word really gets me going. Drinking a full tumbler of water before bedtime assures a well soaked diaper in the morning.

If you thought teaching a child how to go to the potty was hard.. :D Well, this is it's own thing entirely! haha!

Ps. I had been practicing for a year, maybe even two and now I can finally pee on the bed, laying on my back.
I would much prefer to pee on my belly, tho. I hate having a wet butt :( Most of the padding is in the middle, but.. gotta take this as a small victory!

Hi, DictionaryA :) You wrote that you have to pee at night but also you cannot pee in the diaper when lying down. But what if you just decide to stay in bed with diaper on? What will happen? You can try it and maybe need to pee will help you.

It took me a few tries when I was younger just to pee in a diaper. When I rediscovered myself in my teens. It was easy. Laying down wasn't a big issue since I already knew how to relax and release. Though sometimes I have to push it out. My advice.

First learn how to just relax and let it flow naturally. Standing or sitting. Forget techniques and explanations. It's not that complicated. This usually only works when you have the need to go. Once you can pee reliably without pushing it out. Then that's half the battle. Laying down may take some getting used to. What I've found is that unless you're really ready to go, It can be harder laying down. I think it's got to do with the weight being off the urethra. Try drinking a couple extra glasses of water beforehand that way your body is more ready to go. Hope this helps

It took me a long time to learn to do it, and I still can't do it if I am flat on my belly. I think that might be because of pressure.... Right now I still have to lift my hips up, though that can cause a leak, so it's better if I lift up my whole body like doing a pushup.

When I first started, I had to stand beside the bed to pee. eventually I could do it standing on the bed. then kneeling, then kneeling and leaning on the headboard. then on my hands and knees, then on my hands and knees under the covers, then and slowly I was able to get lower and lower. now I can on my back just fine, and as long as there is no pressure on my boyparts, I can on my front just fine.

One other trick I use. Every time I pee, I close my eyes and picture an image that relaxes me. It could be anything, but in my case, it's a photo of girl I used to date who loved diapers too. I focus on that image in my head as I relax and go normally, at every toilet I use. Then when I'm wearing, I do the same, and it's much easier to relax and let it flow when I'm someplace new.

One other thing I did was to do the worst possible outcomes on purpose. I was afraid of wetting my pants or wetting the bed, and afraid of leaks soaking the bed. I knew that was making me nervous, so I set up some situations were it wouldn't be a problem, and then had those kinds of accidents on purpose. that made it much less of a fear.

It took me several months to be able to pee lying down from when I first wanted to, so don't get discouraged. And even now, I can almost never pee on my stomach, it has to be on my back and when I'm pointing downwards. What I think happens is that as you try repeatedly, your body starts becoming more comfortable with peeing in bed, but only in the positions and setups that you tell it is okay (so you might have trouble if your diaper feels like it's near leaking even if you manage it at other times).

I have worn diapers off and on for the better part of 25 years but it has only been about a year that I can say that I wake up in a wet diaper just about every morning. What has changed? First of all I wear a diaper every single night now. After the one night that I didn't have one on and woke up soaking by pajamas I figured it was probably for the best. Secondly and most importantly I subconsciously know that the diaper I have on can handle any amount of wetting without leaks. This has not always been true in the past which made it harder to feel comfortable letting go completely. My wife is also ok with the whole situation because she likes to rub the diaper in the middle of the night to relax. Knowing that everything is fine makes it easier as well. Now there was a long time where I did have to wake up to go pee because it wasn't happening on its own but as time has passed more times than not its happening without any recollection. Right now the only downside is when I leak my wife is not too happy the next morning. There are also times when I where a lighter weight diaper I know I have to get up early and change before it gets completely saturated. Overall I can say it has taken quite a lot but it is possible.

bugguy6970 said:
I have worn diapers off and on for the better part of 25 years but it has only been about a year that I can say that I wake up in a wet diaper just about every morning. What has changed? First of all I wear a diaper every single night now. After the one night that I didn't have one on and woke up soaking by pajamas I figured it was probably for the best. Secondly and most importantly I subconsciously know that the diaper I have on can handle any amount of wetting without leaks. This has not always been true in the past which made it harder to feel comfortable letting go completely. My wife is also ok with the whole situation because she likes to rub the diaper in the middle of the night to relax. Knowing that everything is fine makes it easier as well. Now there was a long time where I did have to wake up to go pee because it wasn't happening on its own but as time has passed more times than not its happening without any recollection. Right now the only downside is when I leak my wife is not too happy the next morning. There are also times when I where a lighter weight diaper I know I have to get up early and change before it gets completely saturated. Overall I can say it has taken quite a lot but it is possible.

You say you aren't too concerned about leaking as much anymore when you wear a thicker diaper. If I may ask, which do you wear at night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back