Valentine's Sales?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhHeyThere

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I see that Bambino is holding a 10-20% off sale this weekend...10% off Bellissimo, 15% off Classico, Bianco and Teddy, 20% off TotalDry Plus...There are others included, just thought I'd mention the interesting ones. With TotalDry Plus, this comes to under $0.57/diaper by the case...has anyone tried them? They seem like they might be good for discreet, everyday protection, but I haven't had any experience with TotalDry yet. I would like it to last at least 4 hours, but I wouldn't know anything about them.
Bianco's, Teddy's and Classico's are down to ~$1.35/diaper per case...this seems okay too, but I'm not sure I should bite the bullet. I'm still waist-deep in the Abena's from Diaperbuys a little while ago :p

Also, WearingClouds has a 20% off coupon(DIAPERLOVE) ...this sounds okay, but it has to be an order of $20.00 or more. I just made a cart that's exatly 20, and shipping was 9 bucks...so it's still over $4 per diaper. Not really something I wanna do, even if I would be getting one of those vintage goodnites.

So, in short, there seems to be some decent deals this weekend, but I probably won't partake. But I am curious about the TotalDry PLus...
Diaper on!

I'd love to try the TotalDry plus too, but I'm worried about fitting into them. Ideally I'd order the sample packs in medium and large to test-fit, but I wouldn't want to miss out on the deal. Anyone have any experience in relation to M4s? I normally wear size 38 pants, so the mediums fit me well, but without much more room. The L4s are too big on me and gap around the legs, etc.

I really didn't like the Total Dry Plus. I got a case when they first came out on promotional pricing and it was a hard slog getting through them all. I will try to be objective in analysis.

The price is great. They have a taping panel and standing leak guards, which is nice. The tapes often ripped away from the backing but never came loose and because it was in the unpadded area, that didn't cause leaks. What I'm saying is that it made me uneasy but it didn't really affect performance. The plastic is unusual, almost feeling like Tyvek, although without its strength. This was a big negative for me but again, it doesn't really affect performance except to make them fairly quiet.

I think the worst practical part was the low capacity. As a wearer of Depends Protection with Tabs, I think I'm pretty forgiving of low capacity diapers. These are as low or weaker and also allow the wetness to migrate to the point where they can easily leak out the back if you wet standing and then lie down for a while.

If your only need is a light use diaper for standing and you're not picky about the feel of the plastic, you might like them. Otherwise, I'd say get a sample before you possibly get stuck with a lot of diapers you may not enjoy. They're still pretty cheap even at full price. I sure wish they were like the old Secure Plus.

Aww So Cute is also having a Valentines day sale with 20% off site wide code "ohbaby20".

Tykables is also having a (birthday) sale. Buy one case, get one 1/2 off... 202.50 for 160 comes to ~$1.27 per diaper. Though it is still 200 bucks :p

OhHeyThere said:
Tykables is also having a (birthday) sale. Buy one case, get one 1/2 off... 202.50 for 160 comes to ~$1.27 per diaper. Though it is still 200 bucks :p

I just spent $200 at ABU! In all fairness I did purchase from Tykables too, just not as much.

Looking at the Total Dry Plus and X-Plus, I'm thinking that Bambino might as well just liquidate those, and stick with the Teddies and Bellissimos. I have found that the Teddies are barely adequate for my needs, with the Bellissimos and Dry 24/7's reasonably fit. A Bellissimo can last for several hours of regular wear without clumping issues or padding shift.

Honeywell6180 said:
Looking at the Total Dry Plus and X-Plus, I'm thinking that Bambino might as well just liquidate those, and stick with the Teddies and Bellissimos. I have found that the Teddies are barely adequate for my needs, with the Bellissimos and Dry 24/7's reasonably fit. A Bellissimo can last for several hours of regular wear without clumping issues or padding shift.

I suspect that unless they wished to just put different taping panels on Bellissimos, there would be considerable pushback on that. Bellissimos are often overkill for my wearing, with Teddies taking the overall prize in terms of value for price. If I want thick and capacity, Bellissimos are obviously the way to go but their baseline products (including the X-Plus) are great. My only complaint is with the Total Dry Plus.

TotalDry Plus were my daily wear until recently when I switched to regular waddlers. The price on TDP is really attractive for what you get, it's a good deal, particularly when on sale. They have a fair amount of sap, the shell is a textured plastic that feels a bit clothlike but it's not. They have some of the best leak guards and stickiest tapes you'll find for that price. They do NOT have front or rear elastic, and the front tape panel has markings for tape positions, giving them something of a "medical" look, despite being otherwise an all-white diaper. Tapes can only be moved soon after stuck down, after that they cement themselves in place on the tape panel.

If you don't want to pay a bit more for waddlers, go with TDP. But the waddlers ARE more comfortable (with front/back elastic), have a better look, smoother feel, and higher capacity.

So how does the total dry xplus stack up against something like an abena m4 or a northshore supreme?

Is the discount at Tykables not applying for anyone else? I try ordering two bags of Overnights but it still comes out to $45.

PaddedGuy said:
Is the discount at Tykables not applying for anyone else? I try ordering two bags of Overnights but it still comes out to $45.

I'm pretty sure you need to buy a full case to get a second case at half off, it cannot be less than a case. If you add a case and add a second you get the Birthday Sales Event coupon for -$87.

allcy said:
I'm pretty sure you need to buy a full case to get a second case at half off, it cannot be less than a case. If you add a case and add a second you get the Birthday Sales Event coupon for -$87.

Ah, I got cases confused with bags.

Hm, yeah, I'm not sure if I'm in the market for buying 160 diapers at once... BOGO 1/2 off bags maybe, but cases is a bit much.

hmmm I could use a restock of the regular (non-overnight) waddlers, but I don't see them up for sale. Are they temporarily out of stock, or did they drop the line? They're a shade too thick to wear to work, gets me sweating. (plus costs more)

bambinod said:
hmmm I could use a restock of the regular (non-overnight) waddlers, but I don't see them up for sale. Are they temporarily out of stock, or did they drop the line? They're a shade too thick to wear to work, gets me sweating. (plus costs more)

We have a thread on that here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back