Thread: Being prepared!

Default Being prepared!

Hey guys,

So on Friday I will be sitting down with an old friend of mine. He was my youth pastor at church for middle and high school. During high school we used to hang out and play Racquetball a few times a week, have lunch, and talk. For those who read my few blog posts, you know that one time my parents raided my room and found my diapers.. This wasn't the first time they found them. Hence why they raided my room. Anyway, they when to my youth pastor, who is an awesome guy! I ended up having to talk to him about the diapers. At that point I still had no idea what was wrong with me so I gave BS answers. But I think I want to tell him the truth now! It will also be nice to be able to tell someone other than my girlfriend. Someone to talk to who won't feel like I'm pushing them into something they aren't comfortable.

My question is, what things can I bring with me to help him understand? Articles or talking points? I know he will be very accepting, I'm not worried about that. But i just want to be prepared.

Understanding.infantilism.org will be your very best resource

If you are unfamiliar with this site start reading right now in order to have at least a basic overview of all the information there.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddySmurf View Post
    Understanding.infantilism.org will be your very best resource

If you are unfamiliar with this site start reading right now in order to have at least a basic overview of all the information there.
    I'd agree with that, but whilst it might sound like a cliché, the best thing you can take with you is honesty. If you're introducing the pastor to ideas which may be new and confusing to him, then I think the best way to explain it is just to be candid about why you wear diapers. Books and online resources can be helpful in terms of wider context, but if you want the pastor to understand why you personally do it, then you are the person who can get that across the best.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddySmurf View Post
    Understanding.infantilism.org
    I am fimilliar with the site. I've read it a few times myself..

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    I'd agree with that, but whilst it might sound like a cliché, the best thing you can take with you is honesty. If you're introducing the pastor to ideas which may be new and confusing to him, then I think the best way to explain it is just to be candid about why you wear diapers. Books and online resources can be helpful in terms of wider context, but if you want the pastor to understand why you personally do it, then you are the person who can get that across the best.
    Back when I used to talk to him a lot, he knew it was for a sexual reason. But I didn't understand it, now I do and I want the chance to talk about it again now that I understand.. Although now it's not as much of a sexual thing but as a comfortable / emotional/ sensual reason

I think taking an object might make him uncomfortable, but taking as much information as you can, mostly stored in your head, is the way to go.

I think the most important thing, honestly, is to do your best to put words to what it means for you. Diapers and other baby things run such a broad spectrum for us that it's hard for any one page or article to really represent a person. If you look at understandinginfantilism.org for example, you'll likely find that some of the explanatory pages have things that you do, but also things that you don't do, and maybe even some things that you would never want to do. So you can use it as an introduction to the whole range of ABDL behaviors, but it's not great for representing you, personally.

What you're telling us here is that it's still at least in part a sexual thing, but that's a small part of it for you, and most of it is that wearing diapers makes you feel comfortable and happy. That's probably what I would suggest leading with, to be honest. He already knows about the diapers, so explaining that you want to talk to him about it because having someone to confide in would do a lot to make you feel good would be a good start. Then explain to him that it brings you joy and comfort, not just as a sexual thing. If you're interested in his thoughts on it, you can ask him after you're done explaining, or you could consider just asking him to lend a listening and supportive ear. One way I've phrased it to a friend is that I just feel really good when I have extra thick underwear on, for some reason. I like that because it's a nice way of making it seem like not that big a deal (I mean, who really cares what underwear you're wearing other than a girlfriend, right?) and also a bit lighthearted.

Nothing good can come of trying to explain your private desires to anyone that can't share them with you.