Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Smoking

Default Smoking

What are yalls views on smoking I'm trying to quit cigs by slowly but surely switching over to vape then hopefully going completely cold turkey. I find that diapers and going into little mode help me not smoke but that's hard to do in my current situation. So yea I guess I am asking anyone else here smoke and if you do,do you find yourself not wanting to when wearing or if you quit what helped you quit?

MarchinBunny

I used to smoke. I started smoking a pack a week when I was 16, and prior to that I smoked now and then as early as maybe 13 -14 years old. I quit cold turkey about 3 years ago.

Let me just say this, I love smoking. Just thinking about it makes me want to smoke lol. However, it's not an addiction kind of craving anymore. So it's very easy to just ignore it, like being able to ignore getting a chocolate bar XD. So I don't think I would ever start smoking again simply because I know it's a bad habit to have and not really good for health. As someone who is transgender, it's also not a good thing since you typically shouldn't start hormones as smoking can cause complications.

I had tried to quit in the past a couple times, but always found it hard too. The number one reason why, is because I always had the temptation to buy cigs because I knew I could. When you remove that capability, quieting became extremely easy because I simply didn't have a choice in the matter. I had no money, and thus I had no cigs and had no way of getting them. Err well correction ... there is another smoker in the house hold, so I guess I could have been tempted to ask for some from him, but I honestly don't think that would have been right to do, so I just didn't. Also at the time, I was engaged and my fiance (now X fiance) didn't like me smoking, which probably also helped in me quieting, because I didn't want to disappoint.

But overall, within the first 2 weeks, I no longer really had cravings all that often. But it did take about 6 months or so before I really no longer ever had cravings or dreams of smoking anymore, to the point where I can easily forget I even used to smoke.

Recently, I did get my hands on a cigar, and smoked one of them and let me just say ... I actually didn't like it. It made me feel sick. But ... I did notice I started having some cravings again. Despite not liking it, I found myself thinking about it. Not terrible, but I noticed it was certainly there. So, I likely will not ever do that again simply because I don't want to start smoking again.

Back in the day, smoke was everywhere. I recall moving some file cabinets around an office I worked at in the 70's and discovering that the walls had once been white. Everywhere but behind the cabinets was a dingy yellow. Ashtrays on every desk.

Never took up tobacco, at least as a regular thing. I still enjoy a good cigar every once in a great while. Junior used to do chewing tobacco. Mrs. Junior put a stop to that.

You'll be surprised when I say this.

But I've never smoked once in my life time, never touched a cigarette, even though I'm 18 and can legally smoke, I just don't see the point in it.

I started drinking when I was 17 though I've never been a fan of alcohol, I drink on special occasions like my birthday, or new years, but that being said I'm not too much of a fan of alcohol.

But getting back on the subject, to me I'm just not interested in it, and I hate the smell and being around people who smoke in public places, it pees me off.

I myself don't care if you smoke or don't, its your personal choice to, I'm more worried about the damage it would do to you considering smoking leads to so many problems and complications, that being said, I don't like the idea of having toxic chemicals in my body that could kill me or possibly lead to brain damage, I value my brain.

From what I've gathered, smoking is a form of stress relief for some people, to me diapers are a form of stress relief and much healthier too, I don't quite understand why I don't really like drinking and why I don't smoke, I was a very bright child so maybe that had something to do with it.

I care so little about cigarettes and won't ever touch one in my life.

I'm very cautious as to what I insert into my body oddly enough, but maybe that is because of my anxiety disorder, I'm super paranoid about what goes into my body, that being said, I'm not a anti-vaccine freak or anything, I'm referring to toxic chemicals that are harmful, I don't like the idea of having cancer causing chemicals in my body, from memory there are 51 or was it 70 toxic chemicals that can cause cancer in smokes.

Like for example, I wouldn't drink gasoline for obvious reasons, I have no problems with things like vaccines as there natural chemicals that occur in our food, etc. and are very safe.

MarchinBunny

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkBunny View Post
    I was a very bright child so maybe that had something to do with it.
    Naa, I find it has more to do with peer pressure and such things when younger. So it's going to highly depend on a persons situation and their current psychological state of mind. I started smoking because everyone in my family smoked. So I was tempted to try it. I suppose to try and fit in if I could.

It eventually did become something that would be a stress reliever for me.

As for drinking, I enjoy drinking in moderation with friends and such. It's a great way to just chill and have a great time without a care in the world. However, I am a happy drunk, and I also have the issue where I start revealing all my secrets to just about anyone. I essentially become an open book, start hitting on people, being goofy and really begin acting like a girl.

JohnnyHamilton

My drug and alcohol addictions are probably one of the biggest reason that I'd let my parents take me under their full control as their little boy again; all the substances would be locked up and I wouldn't be able to use any of that anymore and I'd finally get clean and sober, even if it gets rough the first few days or so. No change worth making is ever easy.

Quote Originally Posted by brabbit1987 View Post
    Naa, I find it has more to do with peer pressure and such things when younger. So it's going to highly depend on a persons situation and their current psychological state of mind. I started smoking because everyone in my family smoked. So I was tempted to try it. I suppose to try and fit in if I could.

It eventually did become something that would be a stress reliever for me.

As for drinking, I enjoy drinking in moderation with friends and such. It's a great way to just chill and have a great time without a care in the world. However, I am a happy drunk, and I also have the issue where I start revealing all my secrets to just about anyone. I essentially become an open book, start hitting on people, being goofy and really begin acting like a girl.
    Yeah with most people it is peer pressure, or wanting to experiment with new things, but that being said, I wasn't really a social person, and spent most of my time alone thinking, learning and building things, all the way to the age of 18 :P, so I didn't really have to deal with peer pressure, as I was that nerdy kid that no one wanted to talk to.

MarchinBunny

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkBunny View Post
    Yeah with most people it is peer pressure, or wanting to experiment with new things, but that being said, I wasn't really a social person, and spent most of my time alone thinking, learning and building things, all the way to the age of 18 :P, so I didn't really have to deal with peer pressure, as I was that nerdy kid that no one wanted to talk to.
    I had to deal with my sisters who where a bad influence on me XD, they where the ones who always got me to do bad things lol.