Star Charts and Rewards

Status
Not open for further replies.

T3ddy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
When my kids were potty training my wife and I used star charts to encourage them. When they achieved milestones we rewarded them.

I have been sleeping in a nappy for a year but have really struggled to 'let go' lying down. My aim this year is to crack this. Therefore I have bought some stickers and have a star chart to encourage my desired behaviors. It may be working - after four consecutive nights of no getting up I now have four stickers on my star chart!

How many stickers should I collect before my first reward and what should that reward be?

MWHE

mwhe1968 said:
When my kids were potty training my wife and I used star charts to encourage them. When they achieved milestones we rewarded them.

I have been sleeping in a nappy for a year but have really struggled to 'let go' lying down. My aim this year is to crack this. Therefore I have bought some stickers and have a star chart to encourage my desired behaviors. It may be working - after four consecutive nights of no getting up I now have four stickers on my star chart!

How many stickers should I collect before my first reward and what should that reward be?

MWHE

I like getting a gold star.

If you are going to get something for getting so many stars. You should agree with your self at the start.

For example when you have 5 stars then we will get a toy.

It is up to you but don't be too hard on yourself. You want the little you to enjoy it.

That's what I think anyway.

Sisi.

Last edited:
I have tried to do this for like... a year now +__+
I just want to be able to continue sleeping without shuffling too much or whatever.. I have managed to wet on a "frog" position. Like, putting two pillows under my chest and spreading legs, but just can't do it while laying down.

I'll try starting when a bit upright and then sliding down to finish.

Thanks Sisi. I like it. I'm one star away from a toy!

TypaHare, sounds like you might also need a star chart! Whilst I haven't cracked it yet, I firmly believe it's a mind block that stops me. I have changed to wearing cloth diapers for the last few nights and think this has given me the confidence to 'relax'! Certainly the fist night I woke up and found myself wetting the nappy almost before I had figured if I was animal, mineral or vegetable!

MWHE

Ah, I see, you have the luxury of being all fuzzy and confused after waking up! I always wake up sharp, and even all my dreams are lucid. I'm just hyper-aware :x
Maybe I'll figure out something that will relax me hmm.. I have a shy bladder as is.

I should make a star chart for washing my teeth, though xD I keep forgetting to brush in the mornings..

the trick to doing it lying down, on your back is to relax and know it's okay to wet. block out as many distractions as you can.

Funny thing!!! I actually managed to do it this morning :DD!
Laid on my back, completely vertical and just soaked the butt of my Abenas! Whoa..! Success! Now If I'd be able to do it in other poses, I'd be even happier >8D

OH!! I DESERVE A STAR TODAY! haha

Well done TyphaHare. Looks like stars all round today! I was back into a disposable last night but my run of success appears to be continuing. That's 5 stars in a row. Treated myself to a cute pair of elephant print PUL pants as a reward! MWHE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back