Any tips on how to break apart a NUK 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleBelleReturns

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
So I'm trying to break apart a NUK 5 and put the teat on a MAM gaurd.. its not going so well, I can't break it with my teeth and don't have any pliers :(

Any tips?

Get pliers.

:')

Or get some vampire teeth. Then it will get your point.

Hee hee hee.

Sisi

I find wire cutters and pliers together to be the most effective. You need the right tools for the job.

Thanks guys, I'll pick some up tomorrow, I'm just so impatient :laugh: I watched a youtube video on it and the girl pulled it apart with her teeth but I can't do it to save my life :laugh:

I was wondering about it a few days ago. My question though is, is it possible to disassemble the teat from a NUK5 without breaking the pacifier guard? Apparently there is no way to buy the teat alone, but I don't really like the idea of breaking a perfectly good, brand new paci...

Be care full you don't break your teeth.

seriously get the right tools. And a grown up to help you.

You don't want to have tears before bedtime.

Just being Big Brotherish again sorry about that.

Your freand.

Sisi.

quattrus said:
I was wondering about it a few days ago. My question though is, is it possible to disassemble the teat from a NUK5 without breaking the pacifier guard? Apparently there is no way to buy the teat alone, but I don't really like the idea of breaking a perfectly good, brand new paci...

Yeah it would be good to just be able to buy the teat.. I don't like the guard anyway because it doesn't look at good quality as the MAM ones.. I have pretty much destroyed the guard, its just the last bit that is holding it in that wont come out :(

I have read an article where they only damaged the ring of the white shield, it's in German though...it looked like they pulled off the ring and kind of pulled out the thing that holds the teat with a screwdriver, that way you can keep the shield and replace the ring and stuff with the parts from a smaller pacifier. I can put the link here, maybe the pictures will help...

tobis-windelseite.de.tl/Gro.ss.e-Babyschnuller.htm

Edit
Ok, appearently I can't put it here, dunno why.

Schwanensee said:
I have read an article where they only damaged the ring of the white shield, it's in German though...it looked like they pulled off the ring and kind of pulled out the thing that holds the teat with a screwdriver, that way you can keep the shield and replace the ring and stuff with the parts from a smaller pacifier. I can put the link here, maybe the pictures will help...

tobis-windelseite.de.tl/Gro.ss.e-Babyschnuller.htm

Edit
Ok, appearently I can't put it here, dunno why.

Danke sehr ^^

That confirms what I thought, apparently either the teat or a part of the holder have to be broken to take the paci apart :(

quattrus said:
Danke sehr ^^

That confirms what I thought, apparently either the teat or a part of the holder have to be broken to take the paci apart :(

You know German? Awesome :D

I kind of can't believe that you can't take them apart without destroying them...I think I'm going to buy a Nuk3 and try to take it apart, I mean, they must have put it together somehow, so it should come apart somehow, right?

Schwanensee said:
You know German? Awesome :D

I kind of can't believe that you can't take them apart without destroying them...I think I'm going to buy a Nuk3 and try to take it apart, I mean, they must have put it together somehow, so it should come apart somehow, right?

A tiny bit ^^ Studied it a long time ago in middle school, but I love travelling to Germany for my vacations so I get to keep that tiny bit alive at least :p

And, that was my same doubt, although it's probably one of those items that were not designed with the possibility of being disassembled in mind... keep me updated on the results of your attempt.

The smaller mouthguards of legit baby pacifiers fit me better than the huge ones on bigger ones.. so I'd really need to hone my pacifier-breaking skills!

TyphaHare said:
The smaller mouthguards of legit baby pacifiers fit me better than the huge ones on bigger ones.. so I'd really need to hone my pacifier-breaking skills!

Me too, the NUK 5 is actually big enough to fill my mouth and be between my side teeth which is kind of annoying though :laugh: I wouldn't mind a longer stem but smaller bulb.. the bulb even got stuck on the top of my mouth between my teeth because its too big :laugh: on the bright side it makes my teeth feel less funny when I bite down on it in my sleep.. I definitely don't like the shield though, the MAM ones fit much better :)

Also, breaking it apart isn't as easy as in the youtube video or I'm just not strong enough..

Pacifier Alterations

I have done this a few times. Took a Nuk 3 and cut the faceplate carefully to release the colorful handle. Took a Nuk 5 and carefully cut, with a high quality snap knife, the bump behind the teat. Then I could pull the flared part inside the teat out from the faceplate.

The maunufactures ensure that pulling it apart without destroying parts of the paci is impossible for liability. So don't waste your time.

Practice on cheap baby ones until you get it right.

Then destroy what you want to replace on a Nuk 5 or whatever and pair this with the desired parts of a baby one. (that you demolished for desired parts)

Use dish soap or some type of lube to help the parts go back together.

But as to pulling them apart with your teeth? Forget it. Replacing my front teeth with implants was five thousand dollars. Don't go there.

I use OLFA snap knives. Not cheap but quality matters. Cheaper than fake teeth.

Cut 98% to the part you want to keep and then pry apart with pliers, to break the plastic without risking cutting the wanted part.

That protects the expensive part from potential damage.

Then take the precious parts and put them together for the pacifier only you could imagine.

Diaper up and enjoy :)

Also, breaking it apart isn't as easy as in the youtube video or I'm just not strong enough..[/QUOTE]

Damn, it really doesn't work...Well, I don't have a Nuk5 yet, but I'll probably end up drawing something on it with a waterproof sharpie when I get it.

So.. I have pliers and I have cut the paci all the way to the bit up to the circle thing that holds the nipple... AND IT STILL WON'T BREAK :sadno:

I have honestly been trying to pull apart a NUK 5 for 3 days I have cut the guard, I have used pliers and I have tried using my teeth but the bit holding the teat won't budge.. it honestly is the pacifier equivalent of a Nokia brick :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
LittleBelle said:
I have honestly been trying to pull apart a NUK 5 for 3 days I have cut the guard, I have used pliers and I have tried using my teeth but the bit holding the teat won't budge.. it honestly is the pacifier equivalent of a Nokia brick :laugh:

Good to know that they are well made.

Sounds like you are the sort of girl that won't give up once she has the bit between her teeth.

Hee hee.

Sisi.

Just...I don't know. Take a candle and try to melt it? Don't do that, that's a horrible idea. But maybe you can use a not too sharp knife so you don't break the teat, and kind of saw through it? (Is saw a word? Probably not.)

At least you can take apart a Nokia phone without breaking it xD Don't give up! It will eventually budge.

Last edited by a moderator:
LittleBelle said:
So.. I have pliers and I have cut the paci all the way to the bit up to the circle thing that holds the nipple... AND IT STILL WON'T BREAK :sadno:

Break it from the other side, too?
I assume you have cut a wedge into it from the middle. If you do two of these, adjacent to each other, and bend, by all logic, it should snap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back