Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any tips on how to break apart a NUK 5?

Default Any tips on how to break apart a NUK 5?

So I'm trying to break apart a NUK 5 and put the teat on a MAM gaurd.. its not going so well, I can't break it with my teeth and don't have any pliers

Any tips?

Or get some vampire teeth. Then it will get your point.

Hee hee hee.

Sisi

I find wire cutters and pliers together to be the most effective. You need the right tools for the job.

Thanks guys, I'll pick some up tomorrow, I'm just so impatient I watched a youtube video on it and the girl pulled it apart with her teeth but I can't do it to save my life

I was wondering about it a few days ago. My question though is, is it possible to disassemble the teat from a NUK5 without breaking the pacifier guard? Apparently there is no way to buy the teat alone, but I don't really like the idea of breaking a perfectly good, brand new paci...

Be care full you don't break your teeth.

seriously get the right tools. And a grown up to help you.

You don't want to have tears before bedtime.

Just being Big Brotherish again sorry about that.

Your freand.

Sisi.

Quote Originally Posted by quattrus View Post
    I was wondering about it a few days ago. My question though is, is it possible to disassemble the teat from a NUK5 without breaking the pacifier guard? Apparently there is no way to buy the teat alone, but I don't really like the idea of breaking a perfectly good, brand new paci...
    Yeah it would be good to just be able to buy the teat.. I don't like the guard anyway because it doesn't look at good quality as the MAM ones.. I have pretty much destroyed the guard, its just the last bit that is holding it in that wont come out

I have read an article where they only damaged the ring of the white shield, it's in German though...it looked like they pulled off the ring and kind of pulled out the thing that holds the teat with a screwdriver, that way you can keep the shield and replace the ring and stuff with the parts from a smaller pacifier. I can put the link here, maybe the pictures will help...

tobis-windelseite.de.tl/Gro.ss.e-Babyschnuller.htm

Edit
    Ok, appearently I can't put it here, dunno why.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwanensee View Post
    I have read an article where they only damaged the ring of the white shield, it's in German though...it looked like they pulled off the ring and kind of pulled out the thing that holds the teat with a screwdriver, that way you can keep the shield and replace the ring and stuff with the parts from a smaller pacifier. I can put the link here, maybe the pictures will help...

tobis-windelseite.de.tl/Gro.ss.e-Babyschnuller.htm

Edit
    Ok, appearently I can't put it here, dunno why.
    Danke sehr ^^

That confirms what I thought, apparently either the teat or a part of the holder have to be broken to take the paci apart