Thread: Bambino question

Default Bambino question

My GF recently told me that she wants to try real diapers on our next long road trip. She absolutely loves Goodnights but agrees with me that they probably aren't up to the task as we have a new car and don't want to stain the seats. After looking around a bit we've decided on Bambino diapers. The problem is that I can't find any reliable sizing info. Most sites just list S/M/L, and that doesn't really let me know what I'm getting. Small or medium can be totally different between the various brands. I've screwd this up in the past and want to get it right before I buy a relatively expensive product. Plus, if they don't fit just right it'll sort of defeat the purpose anyway.
    She is about 5'4" and weighs around 115lbs. Her waist is approx. 30"(my best guess). Her hips are between 33" and 35". I can safely eliminate the large size, but can't quite tell if small or medium would be best. If anyone who has experience with Bambino sizes could help me narrow it down, I would be most grateful.

You need to get the medium sized Bambinos. That would be a perfect fit for her. Large obviously would be way too big, and small is out of the question, (even though, she may be able to squeeze in them), for absorbency purposes, and comfort) you are better off with the mediums.

If you go this route, no matter the diaper you choose, some kind of pad to sit on would be advisable. Not that a leak is likely, but they do happen on occasion, and it would be a shame to mess up your car.

Yes....medium. And you won't be dissapointed, they are so much fun

Medium and as Nicky said you wont be dissapointed. The only downside of bambinos is the price

Honestly... don't spend the money on the Bambinos... they're cute but at around $2 per diaper it's really not worth it.

If I may... I suggest you try Abri X-Plus, Molicare Super Plus, or Secure X-plus. The Secure X-plus is practically identical to Bambino (just no cute prints) for much less.

Don't get me wrong... I love Bambinos... but wearing 24/7 my mind is more on cost and practicality than it is on sheer cuteness.

Also, being 2" off on the sizing either way probably won't make ANY difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    Honestly... don't spend the money on the Bambinos... they're cute but at around $2 per diaper it's really not worth it.
    Normally cost would be the first concern, but considering my luck here...I'm not about to go pinching pennies. Bambinos she wants, Bambinos she gets.

Thanks for all your help guys,

Did you go to the source to get you info on Bambinos?

Bambino Diapers - the ABDL website for Diapers, Adult Babies, Designer ABDL Diapers and more!

Another good site to go to and compare diapers, as I believe Abena Abri-form XPlus as the greatest wetting capacity out there at 72 oz.