Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you do in 'the real world'?

Default What do you do in 'the real world'?

You don't have to answer this if you don't want to, but I'm just wondering what are some of the things that members here do for a living/occupation. I really like the inclusive nature of this community. Anyone, from a senator to a sanitation worker, can be an adult baby or diaper lover.

I'm a web developer. What do you guys do?

- - - Updated - - -

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum. Just realized "off topic" might be a better fit for this thread.

MarchinBunny

Quote Originally Posted by INTrePid View Post
    You don't have to answer this if you don't want to, but I'm just wondering what are some of the things that members here do for a living/occupation. I really like the inclusive nature of this community. Anyone, from a senator to a sanitation worker, can be an adult baby or diaper lover.

I'm a web developer. What do you guys do?

- - - Updated - - -

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum. Just realized "off topic" might be a better fit for this thread.
    I am not in any one single profession. I do a multitude of different things. Web Development, PC Repair, Game Development, Security Cameras Installation, Home Wiring and basic electrician, Cable management and fiber optic technician, Computer Networking, Video Editing, and many other forms of artwork.

I also have done a lot of non profit sort of work. Back when I was in school I was the ambassador on campus representing the students. Going out and doing a lot of community service work and such. I have also been moderator of game servers, and forums in the past. So I have a lot of experiences XD. Oddly enough, I seem to be terrible at life despite this lol, always been having a terrible time getting on my own two feet without relying on others. The issue is, despite all of these things, I don't have the papers except for Telecommunications. So it's not easy getting a job simply because you are skilled at the job.

Also, don't have a drivers license which really has become a serious pain. Parents never really taught me, and have not had anyone else able to. So i have only driven for a short period of time when I had my permit.

I was a Senior Electronics Engineering Technician working in the field of light industrial robotics.
    I retired on SSDI back in 2006.
    I am on the Board of Directors of a local non-profit organization.
    I volunteer for a local town CATV public-access channel.
    I am also a disability rights activist.

up until being injured some years ago, i was a general labourer or jack-of-all-trades. most work around these parts, nowadays, is warehousing or hauling, so that's that.
    like Brabbit, i have a broad skill-set gained from practical experience. but nobody wants that anymore; it's all about singular 'qualifications', nowadays.

For almost 17 years, I was a software engineer and manager at a very large software company, working on a very large software product that many of you are using at this very moment. I "semi-retired" last year and am now a part-time independent contractor doing both electrical and software engineering for embedded systems.

Industrial maintenance mechanic, electrician, plumber, welder, network technician, you name it =/. Jack-of-all-skilled-trades I guess you could say. The place I work has a very small staff so my skill set is necessarily diverse as they don't have the funds to be able to support a large, specialized maintenance staff at competitive wages.

I don't mind, I enjoy pretty much everything i do .

Industrial maintenance technician, or so my job title says, it keeps the company from having to give me engineering pay. I am responsible for the installation and maintenance of all equipment as well as the building systems & grounds in a mid sized factory on the east coast. It would be impossible to list all the things I do for the ungrateful owners of the company but a typical day might include, designing and building a hardware interface between a new robot and an old press, changing tumbler belts in an oil filled pit, caulking roof penetrations before a storm, pulling a flushed pad out of the ladies room toilet, wiring a new $250K machine to the 480V buss, mowing the back lot and getting a dead mouse out of the owner's wife's office.
    Yea I'm Jack. That's why they don't pay me jack!
    I am a little down on my job lately as they just celebrated my 25 year with the company with a cake at lunch, a handshake and a $200 check. I don't eat sweets and they gave me $400 five years ago for my 20th! Not having a pay increase for the last three years because "we can just replace you with a South American for minimum wage" sucks too. The present government says the economy is so mush better now but here in New England the factorys are fleeing south or to china making decent jobs scarce.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draugr View Post
    Industrial maintenance mechanic, electrician, plumber, welder, network technician, you name it =/. Jack-of-all-skilled-trades I guess you could say. The place I work has a very small staff so my skill set is necessarily diverse as they don't have the funds to be able to support a large, specialized maintenance staff at competitive wages.

I don't mind, I enjoy pretty much everything i do .
    Interesting you posted with the same job while I typed my rant. I too do love what I / we do but have come to hate the people I do it for.

I'm a recording engineer as well as a radio host/disc jockey/on air personality. I also shoot, edit, and produce video. Basically, media

I'm a professional musician, classically trained in church music. I've worked my entire life as a church music director/organist/accompanist. I also was the keyboardist/singer for a very good cover rock band. We had the wedding and country club circuit in Virginia. I've played for over 20,000 people at state festivals as we were the premiere rock band for the Garlic Festival, a big event near Charlottesville, Va. One year, Dave Matthews was in our audience.

I am a Producer, i make films/tv shows, etc, During my off times, i work for a major medical supply company, distributing mostly blood collection tubes worldwide, in the warehouse stocking pallets.

Bbay LEa