Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are diapers an addiction for abdls?

Default Are diapers an addiction for abdls?

Just curious...any parallels to other addictions or can a distinction be made?

If it is an addiction it is a totally harmless one. No one ever died or got seriously ill from wearing a nappy.

while addictions can be both chemical and psychological, diapers are definitetly psychological. And IMHO that makes them a lot nicer to have. They're easy to stop or pause if you need to. You're so much less likely to be influenced to "do something you wouldn't normally do" while in their influence or to try to get your next fix

The worst thing that happens is you may have less money than you need/want for other things. But since I kicked my other "chemical" addictions, my "fun" money has gone down from nearly $150 a month to about $50 a month. I would say being addicted to diapers isn't wholly healthy money-wise for someone who's in poverty/college, but it's not quite as bad as pretty much any drug addiction. xP

I feel that anything can be an addiction. I consider myself someone with an addictive personality, and I'm constantly "checking" myself to make sure I don't go overboard with whatever my 'collection of the season' is.

If the money that someone spends on diapers and related supplies results in them not being able to pay the bills for the month, or if it's getting in the way of being able to go to work, for example, then it would be worth taking a step back and looking at the big picture. This threshold will matter from person to person, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    while addictions can be both chemical and psychological, diapers are definitetly psychological. And IMHO that makes them a lot nicer to have.
    Heheh...right!

I guess.

I mean, I'm glad that skipping my diaper "fix" doesn't make me violently physically ill! (*vomits* Pampers! Must... *vomit* *cough* *sputter* have... *burp* *sniffle* *moan* Pampers!!!!!)

Anyway, yeah, I think there are quite a few of us who'd consider diapers to be an addiction. Whether they land in the same part of the brain is perhaps debatable, but it probably doesn't matter from a practical standpoint. We've all probably experienced something akin to withdrawals from going without. For me, those withdrawals take the form of constantly intruding diaper thoughts, which are mostly pleasant but also distracting.

I think it definitely can be. As far as additions go, it's very cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Katarn89 View Post
    I think it definitely can be. As far as additions go, it's very cheap.
    /me looks in his diaper cabinet and closet and wonders.... (I actually added it up today, I have 99 unopened bags of various types)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristopher View Post
    I feel that anything can be an addiction. I consider myself someone with an addictive personality, and I'm constantly "checking" myself to make sure I don't go overboard with whatever my 'collection of the season' is.

If the money that someone spends on diapers and related supplies results in them not being able to pay the bills for the month, or if it's getting in the way of being able to go to work, for example, then it would be worth taking a step back and looking at the big picture. This threshold will matter from person to person, of course.
    I agree. I'm another one that has an addictive personality. I have to keep things in check

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    /me looks in his diaper cabinet and closet and wonders.... (I actually added it up today, I have 99 unopened bags of various types)
    I'd love to see a pic of that.

I think diapers can be an addiction to extent that anything can be an addiction. It's really just a matter of maintaining balance in your life.