Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disposal has just got more difficult. Help please.

Default Disposal has just got more difficult. Help please.

I need some advice regarding disposing. Up until now I have used the plastic bag trick on days my parents were not home. However this has become more difficult for two reasons.

(a)I'm out of plastic bags. Since they're taxed here, most people don't get too many plastic bags and the small amount we do get (maybe one or two a month) are no longer sufficient.
    (b) My mum has lost her job. She is now at home 99.9% of the time I am.

My room is upstairs and to get to the bins I would have to pass them. So I need some advice for smuggling the diapers past them and into the bin and also for alternatives to bagging for reducing smell and the risk of them being seen in the bin.

Falkio

"Engauge active camoflouge!" <--- That could work.

Or you could limit the ones you use (1-2), and sneak them inside a towel when you go shower. Its bulky, and your parents usually won't ask where your going when they see it. Just say that your going to get cleaned up for the night, and sneak out back to deposite them into the bin. I'd say wait untill trash day because you'll only have to make one trip. If she asks you why your outside just make something up. Trust me, it'll be much easier to explain than the constant bags in the kitchen bin.

This is all assuming your shower is downstairs, and there is a way to get outside without them noticing. Just go through the gate around to the front...and voila! Trash em'. Maybe you could keep them in one place somewhere discreet until she leaves to do the groceries? I'm thinking box in the garage.

Let me know how this works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Falkio View Post
    "Engauge active camoflouge!" <--- That could work.

Or you could limit the ones you use (1-2), and sneak them inside a towel when you go shower. Its bulky, and your parents usually won't ask where your going when they see it. Just say that your going to get cleaned up for the night, and sneak out back to deposite them into the bin. I'd say wait untill trash day because you'll only have to make one trip. If she asks you why your outside just make something up. Trust me, it'll be much easier to explain than the constant bags in the kitchen bin.
    The only way to my back is through the kitchen.

This is all assuming your shower is downstairs, and there is a way to get outside without them noticing. Just go through the gate around to the front...and voila! Trash em'. Maybe you could keep them in one place somewhere discreet until she leaves to do the groceries? I'm thinking box in the garage.
    Have no garage or gate from front to back.

You could buy some nappy sacks? And start emptying the bin in your bedroom regularly (sneaking in your diapers obv)

I'd buy some bin bags and use them.

I agree with talula: you should use your bin (or buy one if you don't have one in your bedroom) and start filling it regularly. Buy loads of sweets or something.
    Then when they get used to you regularly emptying it, you'll be able to put the used diapers in a bin bag, and then put that bin bag in your bin, and then empty it as normal.

Talua's idea is great.. It's what I do :p

Buy some nappy bags (they're like 99p for 100) and are scented too, just double bag them and maybe spray some deodorant in the first bag too, just to be safe.

I'm however fortunate enough to be able to get rid of my dirty nappies every night so I'm not sure how long they would contain the smell for.

Peachy

Buy plastic trash bags. They're reasonably cheap - just get a small size. Then either dispose of your diapers in your home's trash can, or take them with you in your backpack when you leave the house every now and again and leave them in a public trash can.

Peachy

BabyWolf

You could try dropping or lowering them out the window, although that will make some noise. If your house has a basement and a laundry chute, and you do your own laundry, you could also try concealing them in a pile of clothes, dropping them down the chute, and then take them out the basement door directly to the trash.

idk how possible this sounds but it used to work for me... i dont quite get the whole plastic bags being taxed things, dose that count grocery bags? well any way you could get whatever kind of bags you can get your hands on, even large ziplocks would probably work. then if youve got a back pack, put the diaper in the bag in there and toss it on the way to school. ive even gone as far back when i was just bed wetting and didnt want to tell my parents i would take them and dump them in school or a public trash can.

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by tbdl58860 View Post
    idk how possible this sounds but it used to work for me... i dont quite get the whole plastic bags being taxed things, dose that count grocery bags?
    It just means that you no longer get carrier bags for free at the stores but have to pay for each of them. I'm not sure about Ireland, but in the UK and the U.S., you would get the bags to wrap your purchases in for free at the store. There seems to have been a huge debate in the UK about all the plastic bags pollute the environment and go flying all over the streets because they're free and people associate no value with those bags. Consequently, stores over there now charge you money for each bag to encourage people to reuse the bags and not get a new one each time they shop.
    That also means that Dreamaker no longer has a steady supply of free bags for his diapers though.

By the way: Plastic bags at stores have always cost money here, ever since I was born.

Peachy