Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cooking

Default Cooking

We have a lot of ABDL's here. How man of you are great at the skill of cooking. I cook a wide variety of foods. I love to make fresh pasta, and have perfected m recipe of home made pizza. I would like to here what you like to cook.

MarchinBunny

Ya, I would consider myself a pretty good cook. I base that off the fact that people generally love my cooking and rave about it all the time. I used to watch a lot of cooking shows back when I was younger. One of my favorite shows was Good Eats, because Alton Brown didn't just teach you recipes, he taught you how to cook. He taught you why you would do something a certain way, and even would go as far to teach you the history. Alton Brown, he just seems like a very knowledgeable chef and he was always fun to watch in Good Eats. It's a darn shame that show is gone.

As for the kind of things I cook? Anything and everything.
    I also like to experiment and cook new kinds of food, especially from different cultures. Japanese food is one of my favorites.

I don't generally follow cook books, instead I do research around the net looking for top recipes and seeing what works together and what does not. I will sometimes change things around to get things exactly the way I like or others like it. I think it's always important to think about who you are cooking for.

I also love baking and would even go as far to say I am better at baking than I am at cooking. None of that box crap. I like making everything from scratch. I also am the type of person to go above and beyond to make something look amazing, even if it takes a lot of time and effort. Being an artist really helps in that regard.

I'm very much into cooking. Unfortunately with the hours I work it's hard to find time to do anything fancy during the week, but on weekends I usually do a decent amount of cooking.

I make a pretty good tomato sauce (I start from fresh tomatos, roast them in the oven for about 2 hours with oil and spices/onion/garlic, through the processor, then simmer on the stove with some red wine and spices..), and do a lot of stuff with chicken and beef. I've been trying to do thai recently-ish and am getting better (a lack of a proper wok setup doesn't help).

I definitely enjoy cooking, and making my own foods just as I want them. I'm still kind of learning -- there are some dishes I can make consistently well (chili, borscht, teriyaki salmon) and others I've not yet mastered (Indian curry, homemade pizza or arrabbiata pasta sauce). It's fun to try out new recipes when I have free time. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by brabbit1987 View Post
    I don't generally follow cook books, instead I do research around the net looking for top recipes and seeing what works together and what does not. I will sometimes change things around to get things exactly the way I like or others like it. I think it's always important to think about who you are cooking for.
    I tend to do the same. I enjoy experimenting with new recipes that are kind of a personalized amalgamation of ideas from the web.

I can cook anything from Microwave foods to toast well i guess technically I could cook more but I'm really really lazy.

I might not be the best cook, but I am good enough :3
    Also, I detest microwave. Anything I can re-heat easily in a pan, I will rather than microwave.

MarchinBunny

Quote Originally Posted by TyphaHare View Post
    I might not be the best cook, but I am good enough :3
    Also, I detest microwave. Anything I can re-heat easily in a pan, I will rather than microwave.
    There are certain things that work fine in a microwave, but generally I agree. :P

Well, one thing is for sure, I always make pasta al dente and know how to whip up a mean pancake. I also experiment with desert designs and treats. I'm trying to learn how to make pastries from my friend currently.

Quote Originally Posted by brabbit1987 View Post
    There are certain things that work fine in a microwave, but generally I agree. :P
    Yeah, I do reheat soup in microwave, unless it's the last drop since I don't want to heat up the whole thing, let it cool for the fridge again etc..
    But I really like that crisp pan-heating will give 8I~ Like some casseroles, they get so nice golden brown omnom

Have any cooks here done any sort of butchery. I am slowly getting into more butchery to save money and to allow me to do more intricate dishes like beef wellington.