Not open for further replies.

FudgedInLuvs

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
  4. Other
Been working on my weight loss goal to be able to fit back into baby diapers, and have some Target Up & Up brand (blue and green dots) size 5. Less than an inch away from getting the second tab to fasten on the front wing! I take it as a good sign, but also that there's still some more work to do.

Hehe! Another positive thing about liking diapers. Weight loss motivation. :)

Why size 5? Wouldn't size 6 be a better fit?

I much rather wear size 7 (I JUST fit into them) x3
And good luck!

How are the up and ups? 0_o I've not heard anything about them.

MrPurple said:
Why size 5? Wouldn't size 6 be a better fit?

They were the largest size I was able to get my hands on, only have a few (like 6), but I plan on some size 6 soon. Curious, how much larger is a 6 vs a 5?

- - - Updated - - -

FoxyDl said:
How are the up and ups? 0_o I've not heard anything about them.

They seem ok, not a lot of stretch to them, but they feel nice. I'll report back on their functionality when I can get one on (will staple tabs so they don't pop off)

goodluck on your goal! do keep us updated

Babyfur said:
I much rather wear size 7 (I JUST fit into them) x3
And good luck!

Congrats on the size 7! Hard size to find, which is why my goal are the Pampers size 6 baby dry, I keep reading that they're the same size. It's a great feeling!

- - - Updated - - -

guitarguy95 said:
goodluck on your goal! do keep us updated

Thanks! I'll keep y'all updated, hopefully I can get that second tab to fasten by next week

I thought I was the only one doing this. Baby diapers used to fit me very well, but about 24 months ago after I started my auto claims job working for a Fortune 50 company I put on a lot of weight(about 60 pounds) over a period of about 10 months due to stress, lack of sleep, and not going to the gym every day. I have started to lose some weight, and I can almost fit into an HEB size 7 diaper. I currently have to use masking tape to keep the tabs down, otherwise the would pop off. I hope to be at my target weight in another 15 months. FYI, I currently use baby diapers stuffed inside of a cloth diaper, and I use waist extenders to get the cloth diaper to fit. The benefit of this is I don't have to worry about my clothes getting damp if the diaper leaks, which has happened before, and when I need to change I just stuff the cloth diaper with a new baby diaper.

I had friend who worked for a medical supply company give me a case of baby diapers from I think Medline to use as soakers, I think I still have some around here ,they have really ugly print on them.does Medline make baby diapers?

Hi everyone. Well, last night was a bit of a tell. I was able to get that second tape onto the front wing!!! Now they may have been as tight as a pair of sweatpants after thanksgiving dinner, but I was able to completely fasten them just using a staple on each side, and that was surprisingly secure. Anyways, they were very soft, and lasted longer than I thought (about 3 hours) before the right tab popped off. Absorbency, was ok, not near say a Goodnite, but these are also a budget brand, but 2 minor ones wasn't too bad. As I'll have the house without judgmental eyes this upcoming weekend, I see this as a good sign, and I am pulling the trigger on buying a pack of pampers baby dry size 6.

Congrats! Keeping a slender figure for fitting into baby diapers has helped me lose weight in the past.

Pampers size 6 will fit you, as the Up&Up brand are much less stretchy than pampers. Keep us updated!

babybobby said:
Congrats! Keeping a slender figure for fitting into baby diapers has helped me lose weight in the past.

Pampers size 6 will fit you, as the Up&Up brand are much less stretchy than pampers. Keep us updated!

Thanks for the encouragement! Will be placing my order on Thursday (better because amazon dropped $20 on the economy pack of 140) so I get them on Saturday. Will post updates on how the baby drys fit and perform!

I have to wonder though, how many people say they "fit" into pampers 6 etc, is it a "thong bikini" looking fit, or is it actually fitting like it's supposed to?

bambinod said:
I have to wonder though, how many people say they "fit" into pampers 6 etc, is it a "thong bikini" looking fit, or is it actually fitting like it's supposed to?

Given that those up and ups had a bit more give in the stretch, or tabs a bit longer, it actually would have fit pretty nice, definitely not like the thong bikini.

bambinod said:

they need some awfully small hips/body frame to fit into baby diapers properly. It's 2016, there's good AB/DL marketed diapers. buy like Little Pawz, Bellissimos, etc.

Seriously, it's time to stop.

[video=youtube;2k0SmqbBIpQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k0SmqbBIpQ[/video]

Fire2box said:
they need some awfully small hips/body frame to fit into baby diapers properly. It's 2016, there's good AB/DL marketed diapers. buy like Little Pawz, Bellissimos, etc.

Seriously, it's time to stop.

[video=youtube;2k0SmqbBIpQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k0SmqbBIpQ[/video]

The saying ''To each their own'' comes to mind here. The fit may not be perfect, but if they really want to do it, might as well let them have their fun. A lot cheaper than ab-marketed diapers anyway...

FudgedInLuvs said:
Thanks for the encouragement! Will be placing my order on Thursday (better because amazon dropped $20 on the economy pack of 140) so I get them on Saturday. Will post updates on how the baby drys fit and perform!

While I did find it great that diapers have given you a reason to lose weight I will have to agree with Fire2Box in the sense that you should probably consider other diapers availible to you at the moment.

As someone who has worn/used Size 5, 6 and 7s in their time as a DL I will probably have to say that at this point you will benefit more from them than you would do from Pampers/Huggies/etc than lose from it solely due to the fact that they will fit you better and actually work better if you do plan to use them. To be a bit more blunt I do have a bit of a hard time believing that a Size 5 diaper could fit anyone near my age without looking stretched(like a thong as bambinod described) unless you somehow are close to my size 4-5 years ago. A slender figure helps to a point in being able to tape up baby diapers to a point but unless you're under 5 feet and rock a pants size of 23" and below I doubt youll be toting around a baby diaper like many of us would with the adult kind.

If you're really on the small side like I am and still want a baby-ish look I would suggest looking into Youth Diapers more than anything else since there are some that still have kiddy-ish designs and such that would serve the same visual appeal + if you're strapped for cash you could always do what I do when I'm unable to keep/buy proper diapers and invest in some Goodnite Trufits and Regular Ol Goodnites/Underjams (Don't depend on them being leak proof if you're a heavy wetter though).

[Also going from Size 5 to Size 6 won't help as much as you think and if you're somehow able to find Size 7 you'll only get a smaller increase in help since, if memory serves correct, the actual increase in size between 6 and 7 is negligible]

Maxx said:
Stop it yourself! The man has a goal, and a motivational tool to reach it! Ya gotta go with whatever works.

Thanks Maxx, that's exactly what trying to get into size 6 has been. Considering how large I was 2 years ago to now has been a dramatic shift and wearing different and smaller diapers has definitely helped me keep a leash on my figure, and if I start slipping up, it's easy to tell when and where it's happening.

- - - Updated - - -

Noodle said:
While I did find it great that diapers have given you a reason to lose weight I will have to agree with Fire2Box in the sense that you should probably consider other diapers availible to you at the moment.

As someone who has worn/used Size 5, 6 and 7s in their time as a DL I will probably have to say that at this point you will benefit more from them than you would do from Pampers/Huggies/etc than lose from it solely due to the fact that they will fit you better and actually work better if you do plan to use them. To be a bit more blunt I do have a bit of a hard time believing that a Size 5 diaper could fit anyone near my age without looking stretched(like a thong as bambinod described) unless you somehow are close to my size 4-5 years ago. A slender figure helps to a point in being able to tape up baby diapers to a point but unless you're under 5 feet and rock a pants size of 23" and below I doubt youll be toting around a baby diaper like many of us would with the adult kind.

If you're really on the small side like I am and still want a baby-ish look I would suggest looking into Youth Diapers more than anything else since there are some that still have kiddy-ish designs and such that would serve the same visual appeal + if you're strapped for cash you could always do what I do when I'm unable to keep/buy proper diapers and invest in some Goodnite Trufits and Regular Ol Goodnites/Underjams (Don't depend on them being leak proof if you're a heavy wetter though).

[Also going from Size 5 to Size 6 won't help as much as you think and if you're somehow able to find Size 7 you'll only get a smaller increase in help since, if memory serves correct, the actual increase in size between 6 and 7 is negligible]

Will take that recommendation for future reference. Are there any Youth diapers that you would recommend being on the small side? I have a god stash of Goodnites, but wouldn't mind expanding my arsenal. And any other diapers you would suggest looking into that have that have the look of a preferably nostalgic design?

As for fit on that size 5, no they weren't like a solid fit, however I have a pretty narrow hip circumference (I guess that's in reference to the leg cuffs. Upper legs are skinner at the hips than further down) which is what permitted the ok fit. Height in the back wasn't as high as a Goodnite, but the overall diaper did feel wider across the crotch area. I don't think it was the bikini fit as described, but with the staples to reinforce the wings, I've had worse with smaller sizes when I was a larger person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back