Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donald Trump needs dubbing!

Lightbulb Donald Trump needs dubbing!

The Brits amongst us might remember way back to The Troubles in Northern Ireland when Sinn Féin leader, Gerry Adams, was considered a terrorist by the British government.

He was thought to be such an influential speaker that the government banned broadcasters from transmitting his voice. Before long there was a bizarre situation where professional voice-over experts would mimic Adams' accent and lip-sync to video footage of him speaking.

Anyway... These days, most sane people seem to see Donald Trump as a disturbingly powerful influence (I've never even heard of someone who doesn't think he's bigoted, corrupt, and dangerously disturbed). So... I was thinking... Maybe we should force broadcasters to dub Trump's voice. Just for fun. Because he's got such an annoying voice. And he's a dick.

It's not my video, but this is AMAZING!!! No words were changed, just a more appropriate accent dubbed over his speech. Is it just me or does anyone else think that this is a massive improvement, and we need to legislate to require all broadcasters to do this at once?

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    The Brits amongst us might remember way back to The Troubles in Northern Ireland when Sinn Féin leader, Gerry Adams, was considered a terrorist by the British government.

He was thought to be such an influential speaker that the government banned broadcasters from transmitting his voice. Before long there was a bizarre situation where professional voice-over experts would mimic Adams' accent and lip-sync to video footage of him speaking.

Anyway... These days, most sane people seem to see Donald Trump as a disturbingly powerful influence (I've never even heard of someone who doesn't think he's bigoted, corrupt, and dangerously disturbed). So... I was thinking... Maybe we should force broadcasters to dub Trump's voice. Just for fun. Because he's got such an annoying voice. And he's a dick.

It's not my video, but this is AMAZING!!! No words were changed, just a more appropriate accent dubbed over his speech. Is it just me or does anyone else think that this is a massive improvement, and we need to legislate to require all broadcasters to do this at once?

I thought that was an awesome video, and so effective... Peter Serafinowicz did a couple of earlier vids in which he gave Trump a pretend posh voice and while it is fun to see Trump talking like the wicked tiger or lion from a Disney movie, he already seems so like a villain in a kids movie that it didn't say anything new.

Giving him a voice like an East End Thug points up the fact that there is something fundamentally small-time about Trump. He really is just some git who escaped from his corner of the pub and onto the political stage, but still boasting about how hard he is, and how he could run the country better than all those politicians... but there's no thought behind it, no policy, no plans, just a recitation of prejudice and insulting anyone who crosses his path.

And look at all the liberal pots calling the kettle black. Bigotry on display.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    In what way bigoted?

Bigotry and prejudice mean judging a person on the basis of the behaviour of others of a similar ethnic or religious background. If judging a person on the basis of their own explicitly expressed political views is bigotry, then we are all bigots. Whether I agree with Trump's politics or not, I can still freely acknowledge that he has expressed views that a certain percentage of the electorate, and of those outside the US, regard as utterly contemptible. Those viewpoints are every bit as legitimate as those who agree with his every word.

Speaking of "Liberals" or "Conservatives" as if they were utterly homogenous groups, and thereby presuming to sit in judgment of an individual on the basis of to which group you think that they cleave to is bigotry by definition.

Quote Originally Posted by MsClaraRiddle View Post
    In what way bigoted?

Quoting Tiny: "I've never even heard of someone who doesn't think he's bigoted, corrupt, and dangerously disturbed"

There's nothing wrong with poking fun at politicians. I think the video is hilarious. The name-calling in the process, though, is no different than what you're accusing Trump of doing.

P.S. I happen to think he's considerably less corrupt than many of his political opponents, and no members of this forum have any room to point the 'disturbed' finger.

P.P.S. My heritage dictates that I root for the Irish. Just sayin'.

acorn

Here it was called "section 31, of the broadcasting act".

We should feel really privilaged to live in a democracy where the voice of dissent can be banned by our dictatorial despots....in the national interest, of course.

We should feel really smug in having learned our lessons from all of that and have moved on since then, to now advocate repeating past mistakes....even in jest?

MarchinBunny

There's nothing wrong with poking fun at politicians. I think the video is hilarious. The name-calling in the process, though, is no different than what you're accusing Trump of doing.
    Thinking someone is dangerously disturbed based around the actions and things they have said and done, really isn't bigotry.

P.S. I happen to think he's considerably less corrupt than many of his political opponents, and no members of this forum have any room to point the 'disturbed' finger.
    Sorry, but Trump to me is one of the most corrupt people I have ever seen and isn't someone I would ever want as a leader. Also.. why can no member of this forum point the 'disturbed' finger? Who exactly decided that?

Video was hilarious. Let's not go too crazy on the political leanings of the people here. Thanks for sharing.

Quoting Tiny: "I've never even heard of someone who doesn't think he's bigoted, corrupt, and dangerously disturbed"

P.P.S. My heritage dictates that I root for the Irish. Just sayin'.
    As far as name calling goes I plead fair comment... as for corrupt? He's a property developer, you can't tell me he hasn't made more than a few choice "donations" over the years.

I don't mind politicians name calling - I'm from the UK, our whole Parliamentary Democracy is more or less built on it... but there's got to be something more to you than that. My problem with Trump is there's nothing really substantial in what he has to say - nothing goes deeper than the slogans.

Root for the Irish by all means - I fully intend to support BOTH of the Irelands in Euro 2016 (you can't call me a bigot, I'm even handed ;-) Trump isn't Irish though - his ancestry is German and Scottish.