How diapers have changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

pampers4U

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I was just thinking, when I bought my first house it was the first time I truly lived alone in a private setting, I remember my first order of Abena m4 (5yrs ago) these were by far the thickest, greatest adult diapers I ever tried, now fast forward to today and now I wear Abena m4's as my meh diaper, I don't care if it's on for an hour or 8 hours, there my disposable, disposable diapers, now if I put on a new tykables I make sure I get my monies worth from them and not waste them.

My first diapers where given to me when I left the hospital 20+ years ago and they where Attends,I continued to use them for several years until they started there junk revisions that turned them into a joke, they started going downhill and went off the store shelves along time before stores switched to "house" brand and Depend, from their I went to the then premium Medline Restore because back then my right arm and hand where still paralyzed and I needed a velcro style closure,and my pharmacy didn't carry MEDLINE diapers but carried their other products and happily set me up with a distributor merchant account so I could order and have MEDLINE drop ship from the wear house direct to my house so they where my second diaper. But diapers have really changed over the years, I still have some of the Attends in a drawer and several cases of Medline in my closet.

Back in the good old days all the brick and mortar Medical supplies stores had them but adult diapers has turned into a huge billion dollar industry now, and each store has two low quality brands that are exclusively there's and basicly the IC people who don't know better are sitting ducks because insurance pays a certain amount for diapers the exclusive contracts make them alot cheaper for the store so they get to pocket all the profit from the price insurance gives, those in the know will find an Internet distributor who will sell them the Cadillac of insurance diapers the Tranquility ATN'S for the same insurance payment ( and if you don't know that payment is $454 for a months supply).

Tetra said:
( and if you don't know that payment is $454 for a months supply).

It would seem to me that $450 per month would buy a lot of diapers? Averaging good and premiums out to say, $1.45/pc, that's 10 diapers a day!

I started my adult diaper adventure in the mid 90's with attends. I'm now wetting a Rearz Safari. Night and day difference. I still have one of those old Attends in my history collection. If I had to choose now it would be either Rearz Spoiled or Dry24/7 for daytime wear and Rearz Safari for night.

I started with Attends 20+ years ago myself. Hospital had terrible diapers, so a relative in the medical supply business sent over several cases of the Attends with the perforated plastic interior. Found out about V Jensen in the back of a disability magazine and that he was local, so my wife took me over to be fitted with cloth diapers and plastic pants for at home. On one of my visits there, Jensen gave me several samples of a new diaper from Germany... Molicare. Best thing ever! Just not readily available. Attends came out with their 6 tape diaper with a soft cloth like interior, which became the standard, but there were a few diapers introduced back then that were pretty good, but short lived. One had the thickest padding ever... could not hide it under clothes. Johnson & Johnson introduced a disposable that used gauze around the waist... first 'air' diaper. As the internet grew, Molicare became available, so I switched. Then I started wearing Abena about 2004. I've never minded wearing cloth diapers with a juvenile (not baby) print, but here I am now writing this in an ABU Space diaper, and it's the best disposable I've ever worn. When it comes to diapers, change (pun intended) has been good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back