Status
Not open for further replies.

Schwanensee

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Hi everyone,

So I'm around the age where one gets wisdom teeth, and since I was in another country for the past year I didn't go to the dentists for quite some time. Meanwhile, my wisdom teeth have started to break through, and bloody hell does it hurt! I can totally understand why babies cry when teething, I'm pretty whiny myself lately. My mum even suggested getting me a teething ring and I actually might take her up on that offer...it's like you're constantly chewing on the inside of your own mouth and I can barely eat solid food sometimes.

Did anyone go through the same? Do teething rings really help or what did you do against the pain? And no, I won't get them removed, since they seem to grow out pretty straight and they might close the gap in my front row of teeth.

Hugs and cuddles,
Kat

Hi sis I hear

I was a few years a go my wisdom teeth come through and i can the pain. Don't know about the teething ring worth giving it a try. It might help tack your mind of it.

a Pacifier still carms me down and dresses me.

The pain does stop once they are fully through.

The problem is that sucking on a pacifier makes it worse... :( Not a happy kid at the moment.

Schwanensee said:
The problem is that sucking on a pacifier makes it worse... :( Not a happy kid at the moment.

Don't know what else to suggest is your mum the type that will give you a cuddle.

You could try swinging your mouth out with liquid paracetamol this may help.

Other than that you just have to be a brave little soldier for a while.

It's ok big boys do cry and little ones definitely do.

when I had my wisdom teeth start to come in when I was 26, and they had to remove them all at once. they were pushing almost strait at my other teeth. so the dentist had me go to the hospital and he had them removed all at one time.
but after words I got a bad infection in my throat and had to go on antibiotics for a week

I had a damp washcloth that I would teethe on when my wisdoms started breaking through.

You might put a little Brandy or whisky on your gums, but most of us have our wisdom teeth pulled. It's not pleasant but it ends the pain.

I never had to go through the teething pain for my wisdom teeth. Like others, my teeth were coming in bad and my mouth really wasn't large enough for them. Therefore the dentist said I should have them taken out. I went to the hospital because all four were taken out at one time. For me, I had very little pain and soreness. The soreness and pain lasted less then 24 hours.

I had wisdom teeth that would break through and then cover over again. I had terrible sinus inflections at the same time this would happen. It went on for a few years. Finally my dentist said they were showing some decay, either fix them or pull them. I had them pulled a few weeks later with just a local. The dentist ended up cancelling his next 2 appointment to finish the job. I went back to work and them drove 300kms to go fishing that evening....man, those little orange pills were good....the sinus infections ended and the pain ended also....just don't go back to work afterwards or drive 300kms...I never did know what the orange pills were, the dentist got them as samples...

Ok chew a frozen ego waffle it will help lots soft and cold .
That what helps babys teething.

At the age of 45 or so, mine started to grow in. My dentist joked that I might have to have them out before I went to college.
One actually grew in and the erupted part broke off. The other partially grew in and I had it extracted while I was getting another tooth extracted/implant done.

Thanks for all the advice! I'm going to the dentist today, so I guess I'll find out whether or not I can keep them...but I think in general my mouth is big enough and as I said, it might close the gap in the front row. (My dentist always said I don't need braces because my wisdom teeth will push them in the right place eventually.)

I'm a little nervous because I have to go alone...my mum has to work. She did give me cuddles yesterday when it was really bad, today they don't hurt that much.

Ok, so yesterday the dentist x-rayed my teeth and I have to come back next week for discussing it...but he said "it doesn't look like they have much space in there", so they might have to be removed...but I don't want to, I never had any surgery done on me in my life and as long as they don't damage my other teeth, they should be allowed to stay in there, right?

I also have to get my head checked because I have constant headaches and my tummy hurts...I know I'm being very whiny right now but somehow it's just getting too much lately and I'm not allowed to take painkillers all that often because it's bad for my organs mummy says, but I just want the pain to go away and not always new pains to add to it!

Sorry for that tirade, all your advice has been lovely, but I'm afraid teething has become the least of my worries. At least there's a definite reason for it...

Hi.

I know it herts. And it's like all the time.

Don't worry about having surgery. it will be alright in the end.

You are being very brave boy.

Last edited:
sisi said:
Hi.

I know it herts. And it's like all the time.

Don't worry about having surgery. Animation alright in the end.

You are being very brave boy.

I'm trying not to worry too much, I mean people get their wisdom teeth removed all the time, it's just that I couldn't stand having anything in my body start to hurt even more right now, the teething is bearable but I've heard people saying that after the surgery, it hurt very much for a very long time. My nerves are kinda wrecked anyway.

Also, I do hope I can be brave, but I'm actually a girl ;)

The worst thing is that I have to go to school...I have two free periods at the moment so went home, but I'll have to return later...can't just miss school either, I already missed the whole last week for a math camp and we'll have exams soon...life is hard.

I'm going to get a teething ring of sorts the next time I go to the city, if I find one that I like...I'll tell you about it once I have it :)

Schwanensee said:
I

but I'm actually a girl ;)

I am so sorry.

really hope the teething ring hopes you and you get one you like.

I will look forward to reading all about it

Sisi

It took 3 to 5 years for mine to come in and I had pain but I have an extreme tolerance for pain and to be honest for me it was fun I remember taking my thumbs and putting them over my wisdom teeth and biting down hard I loved every minute of it and to be fair I would do it all over again. And no I'm not fibin I'm just weird. But if you are in as much pain as you say you are don't do what I did.

I do chew on my fingers sometimes, which is why I want a teething ring, it kind of relieved the pain. So I don't think you're weird, I can understand it, I'm just definitely not enjoying the whole experience since I have a very low pain tolerance (or a normal one, the migraines just already drive me to the edge of that).

I don't remember much pain from my wisdom-teething process, but perhaps I was fortunate. Mine came in straight and were with me for about 20 years. I developed a good-sized cavity in the back of one of them, and my dentist advised me that, while he could fill it and I could go on trying to brush back there, it would probably be best to have them all yanked. So, somewhat reluctantly, I agreed. And that went fine. I experienced so little pain after the process that my enormous bottle of prescription narcotics was barely touched, and I was able to enjoy them at my discretion for well over a year. :)

And no, I didn't wear diapers during the extraction, nor did the general anesthesia cause me to blurt out all my darkest secrets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back