Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About my last thread (rant)

Default About my last thread (rant)

So, you mean we're allowed to talk about underage drinking, sex, masturbation, sex toys, orgasms (go on, read the thread titles in this forum, I dare you) but I'm not allowed to ask a simple question about a picture I drew? It was MEANT to be innocent, it wasn't supposed to be a sex picture. At all.

whatever, I deleted it as most of you told me to do

Mesmerale

Quote Originally Posted by Latias714 View Post
    So, you mean we're allowed to talk about underage drinking, sex, masturbation, sex toys, orgasms (go on, read the thread titles in this forum, I dare you) but I'm not allowed to ask a simple question about a picture I drew? It was MEANT to be innocent, it wasn't supposed to be a sex picture. At all.

whatever, I deleted it as most of you told me to do
    To be honest, I think you are really overreacting.

Most of the people said that they understood how you drew it to be innocent, and that they could see it, but they felt that it should stay on a more age-appropriate section of wherever it is.

Others said that it made them uncomfortable out of principle, but had nothing against the image itself.

Almost everyone said that they understand that it wasn't a sex picture. They just stated what you wanted to know. Yes, it could be misconstrued as a sexual image.

Should you take it off? Not necessarily, but you should restrict its access a bit more at least.

Does it seem innocent? Yeah, I (general 'I' meaning those who responded) get that, but it could have been done more appropriately.

Blah blah blah.

All in all, no one harassed you about the image. They stated their honest opinions (which is what you asked for) while at the same time explaining that they could see your point of view.

Yeah... thanks

that does make sense. I do tend to overreact sometimes. But still... seeing post after post expressing negative opinions, it gets to you.

Mesmerale

Yeah... thanks

that does make sense. I do tend to overreact sometimes. But still... seeing post after post expressing negative opinions, it gets to you.
    I understand.

But just take it one post at a time.

And remember, some of them also included comments about how you can draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesmerale View Post
    I understand.

But just take it one post at a time.

And remember, some of them also included comments about how you can draw.
    Yep. Thanks for taking time to reply ^^

Mesmerale

Yep. Thanks for taking time to reply ^^
    Gladly.

I seen your drawing when you had it up and I had no problem with it. I can understand where you coming from, we have thread about drugs, sex, sex toys, and etc that no one complain about but when you make a thread about a drawing that showing a girl vagina in mature topic area, it like the end of the world to some people. It stupid. Grow the fuck up people, it vagina. Half of the member here have one and I'm pretty sure your going to see one one of these day when you have Sex Ed. Class, getting marry to a girl and having sex with her, or changes your kid diaper if you have a daughter unless you're planning to wear a blindfold through out all of those thing so you don't see it.

I didn't really see all that much wrong with it... As long as it's not a sex scene, I really don't see a problem.

--The Silent Assassin--

rant=/=flimsy sob

but I'm not allowed to ask a simple question about a picture I drew?
    Hypothetically speaking let's say your mediocre picture is art and carry on from there. Each individual that views any good art piece will have contrasting interpretations of what the illustration is trying to convey. Despite what you regard as ''innocent'' someone else could view as being indecent, especially when there's a half-arsed attempt at a vagina winking back at you.

If you don't have the nerve to accept opposing opinions then don't invite people to reply with there thoughts only to cry a river when you didn't get the reception you wanted (just what were you expecting people to say?).

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the crux of a forum is to share opinions? If you can't swallow opinions that differ your own you need to either stop posting or grow the fuck up.
    Last edited by MarcusBear; 26-Feb-2009 at 19:34.