ABDL Match scam and new dating site for ABDL community opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it interesting that not a single woman has commented on this thread. We could really use your perspective please

The Internet is strewn with the bodies of dead and comatose ABDL dating sites. Don't start another one unless all of these things are true:

1. You can answer the question, "What will my site do right that these sites did wrong?"
  2. You can answer the question, "What will users get from my site that they can't get from other ABDL sites that are still online, or from other social networking sites, such as Fetlife, Facebook, Tumblr, and Instagram?"
  3. You're prepared to bankroll the project yourself, at a cost of thousands of dollars a year.

I've been involved in the gay ABDL scene for over a decade. Sites for gay and bisexual ABDL men don't have to deal with the gender balance problem, so it's a lot easier for them to recruit active members. Still, sites for gay ABDLs have struggled to stay open. Aby.com, very popular in the 2000s, closed in 2009 after technical trouble. Rupadded.com and ABDLC.com, very popular in the early 2010s, unsuccessfully tried to institute a "freemium" model in 2014. They are both closing next month. DL-boy.com and diaper-bois.com have managed to stay open for over a decade. They both run on a "freemium" model. I have no idea whether they have enough subscribers to cover their operating costs; I'd be surprised if they do.

Getting revenue from a site that caters to a small community is hard to do. It is especially hard to do when people have free alternatives available (Fetlife for the social networking aspect, Tumblr for photo sharing). If you try to charge for basic access to your site, the site will die. The freemium model can be economically successful for larger sites, but it's a numbers game.

Cottontail said:
You take an oblique approach, meeting them in a place like ADISC where there's no pretense of real-life motives. And then, after a time, when you're feeling well acquainted, you propose meeting in a public place, exchanging only a minimum of information, and take it from there. If, at any point, somebody shows signs of being uncomfortable, you immediately back off.

Something like that.

Yep. This exactly.

The thing is, you have to modify YOUR behaviour first, not wonder why "the women" are being so reclusive. This kind of attitude pushes them farther away.
BTW I don't think any women have commented in here yet, because.. yeah. This whole "Where are you!? Why are you hiding!?" is not a good starting point to bring out people out of hiding who keep away from situations like this, expecting harrasment :'I so that's where they stand now.
Just get to know to people in random ABDL sites, you'll make connections! Or make it clear from the beginning you're searching for an open-minded person! I, myself have got into relationships with people with very strange, specified interests. It happens all the time!

If you were to make an ABDL Dating website you would have to seet it up so that women are the only one's capable of initiating contact.

There is a small but large enough subset of men in the corner of the web who are socially inept, desperate, physically unfit (and usually over or under weight). That will push away every woman who signs up by disgusting them.

By handing mate control over to women you ensure this subset can't damage your products (customers and reputation).

Personally, I would say give it a go but make sure things are very simple. You'll need the code your website runs on to be tiny if you don't want to have to sink all your money and profit in to bandwidth costs.

IMO buridan and MrPurple pretty much have the point there. That was very interesting.

Maybe it's sexist (like only women can pick first), but yes, it's a really effective way to keep "creepy"s out, so no one gets scared or tired of $hit
What would happen though with guys creating "female" accounts? Yes, I know that site would be for dating, but maybe there's people that just wants to mess (like chat), or they are really desperate... I think a "vouch" system would probably fit, where one can vote that another user has his/her trust... If you were to meet somone with not too much votes don't get too confident until you meet him/her.

I like the vouch system idea and the idea that women be able to make first contact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back