Snuggies/Tykables originals no longer available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I was just replying to a thread on "best value diaper" and wanted to get a price quote on the tykables regular (not overnight/white) but I don't see them listed anymore? I haven't actually been to their web site since they changed names, and it looks quite a bit different, but where did the regular thinner waddlers go?? I'd hate to see them go away, those were an excellent daytime wear-to-work diaper for me, by far my choice. I have a bit of a stock of them, but it won't last too long, wearing daily! (I'd hate to have to go back to Totaldry Plus!)

Yes they did away with the daytime diaper. At the end of that run I did stock up on 3 cases because I to liked them a lot. But I have talked with them and they as saying that they are looking at coming out with another diaper, just didn't say when. We will have to watch them and see what happens. On another note the new overnight revamp that they did is a good diaper with real strong tapes. Something to try.

the overnights, especially the TW, are great, but are TOO thick for me to wear during the day. I've tried several times, and they always have a bit too much bulk in the crotch, and always make me overheat and start sweating more. Sweat's a big problem for me down there, I have to load up on talc as it is, and the TW's are sending me to the bathroom at noon to dump more talc down.

If I were having multiple accidents at work that would probably end up being the best diaper for me, but just for daily wear and an occasional wet one, the regular waddler is absolutely the best option for me.

I'm talking with the customer feedback group now, and yes it looks like they're going to be making a revision 2 on the original waddlers. They solicited suggestions for what to keep and what to change - I recommended they go to all-white (like their TW) and slightly increase shell durability, and keep everything else the same.

they did away with them back when they changed their name to tykables. they sent out a newsletter saying they are selling the last stock then thats it. they said they planned on a new replacement but its been nearly 6 months. i gave up on them tbh. ive about 3 packs left of the originals im trying to make last lol. best diaper ive used imo.

InverseTundra said:
they did away with them back when they changed their name to tykables. they sent out a newsletter saying they are selling the last stock then thats it.

Well I though the "snuggies named" diapers were going away and they were just coming off the line with the Tykables name after that. I didn't care about the name, though I did get a couple cases at that point.

It seems they are going to release an improved revision 2 though, so hopefully that happens before I run out of the rev1's. They still appear to be taking feedback on the product, so I assume it's not in production just yet - so we've got a little while to wait, at least another month?

bambinod said:
Well I though the "snuggies named" diapers were going away and they were just coming off the line with the Tykables name after that. I didn't care about the name, though I did get a couple cases at that point.

It seems they are going to release an improved revision 2 though, so hopefully that happens before I run out of the rev1's. They still appear to be taking feedback on the product, so I assume it's not in production just yet - so we've got a little while to wait, at least another month?

thats what i was hoping they'd do but they didnt. and idk, at this point unless their new product is as good a value as their original snuggies were im not interested. they fit the perfect price to performance ratio for me and are extremely comfortable. if they dont hit it the exact same im going to be disappointed.

InverseTundra said:
thats what i was hoping they'd do but they didnt. and idk, at this point unless their new product is as good a value as their original snuggies were im not interested. they fit the perfect price to performance ratio for me and are extremely comfortable. if they dont hit it the exact same im going to be disappointed.

The original waddlers had a price drop before they went away, which was probably just to clear their inventory out, so the rev2's may be back up at the former price, which was still quite reasonable. I don't anticipate a price hike. Would sure be nice though if they continued to sell them at the lower price. I was wearing Totaldry Plus for my daily work wear as they were a good value, but switched to the Waddlers because the small cost difference was easily worth the improved product. (primarily for better capacity and front/rear elastic)

I'd definitely like to keep them as my daily wear, so here's hoping! I only have about 8 bags left, so hopefully that can hold me over till they get the rev2's in stock...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back