Diapered while sick

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been lucky this Winter I have not been sick.
Yes, I did have my Influenza Immunization last month.

The last time I suffered fever and chills, it was Lyme disease... and diapers were a mixed blessing. On the one hand, not having to leave the warmth of the blankets to pee was great... but eventually, I'd have to spend an extended period above the blankets changing (and shivering the whole time).

Incidentally, I'm not sure if I have ever had the flu. I know a number of people who never seem to catch it, and also a number who catch it just about every year. According to some research (e.g. http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/822047 ), most influenza infections are actually asymptomatic. It would be interesting to study the frequency with which specific individuals develop symptoms upon infection.

Anyway... feel better soon! ^-^

Last edited:
They were a blessing for me when I caught a severe strain of the norovirus. It caused me to temporarily have bowel incontinence. I had a perfect attendance going onto my final year so I didn't want to lose it after so much time. Needless to say, I am glad they had some private bathrooms at my high school, along which easy access to the school's dumpsters. No one saw a thing.

mostly, for me, it's just been a simple matter of convenience (being off work and just lolling about), but it does also perk me up a bit; in fact, it'll give me a reason to get out of bed: to put one on, go downstairs and brew a coffee.

my most regular 'general' sickness is migraine and with that, i'm not interested in anything but pain relief.

but, i do also wear for my skin condition as the combination of padding, DIY ointment and dampness helps bring about a resolution to a flare-up. if i'm using my ointment, i pretty much have to wear a nappy as the ointment becomes more effective with dampness and it ruins most clothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back