Peanut Butter and Jelly

Status
Not open for further replies.
And remember, there is a huge difference between being obese and being over weight. Ironically enough, most football players are considered over weight due to the weight from their muscle mass.

dogboy said:
Just remember, most of us are over weight. Maybe that will make you feel a little better.

I'm getting there with this rate x')
To be honest after being anorexic for 10 years, I am quite happy to be a tiny bit chubby now.. phew!

I'll go make some crepes and eat them with jelly... er I mean jam! All out of peanutbutter though >:I

Good point, Silent :O
Actually after I started to work out, I gained like 5 kg pure muscle! I was like... why am I so heavy when I'm still slim?? lol
No worries though, I have hidden all my ugly muscle in a good layer of pudge now hahah!

I like peanut butter, but not jelly. I couldn't ever (and still can't) eat a PB&J. When I was younger, I was part of a kid's acting workshop. The director's mom would always make everyone PB&J sandwiches. She would mix it all in a blender first...she was the only person I'd ever known that did that.

Trevor said:
I don't care that they can go together. I don't want them together. It's gross. The rest of the world can have gross sandwiches if they want but I'll have no part of mixing peanut butter and marshmallow creme in sandwiches, despite how nicely it can go elsewhere.

Ha ha! I totally agree! Putting sweet gloopy things in a sandwich is just weeeeird (to me, anyway). But then, just eating peanut butter on bread is unusual here. Even our muffins are savoury!

KimbaStarshine said:
According to Wikipedia, a 1994 change in U.S. Food and Drug Administration laws allows ice milk to be sold as ''low-fat ice cream.'' So perhaps that's why you don't see anything called ''ice milk'' on shelves.

Huh. I'd never heard of "ice milk" before. Food laws are funny, though. I heard the other day that in the US Tic-Tacs, which are almost entirely sugar, are labelled as containing "zero sugar" because the serving size (one Tic-Tac) is less than half a gram, so it's rounded down to zero. I guess that also means that Tic-Tacs can be listed as containing no ingredients at all.

Each Tic Tac weighs just under 0.5 g. Since US federal regulations state that if a single serving contains less than 0.5 g of sugars it is allowable to express the amount of sugar in a serving as zero, and since a single serving of Tic Tacs is a single Tic Tac, Tic Tacs are labeled in the US as containing zero sugar.

I wonder if you could make tiny Tic-Tacs containing cocaine and claim that they are a food containing no cocaine because each serving is less than a gram... and then ship them to Europe, and sell them as party pills...?! (Sheesh... do I have a devious mind or what?!)

I love a toasted PB&J sammie. Regular peanut butter,regular jelly...but on nicely toasted bread.

Only five days a week?! Why, I'd eat it every meal (and have) for a month if I bought enough of the stuff.

It stinks, really. I can't eat rich foods like yummy yummy peanut butter 'n jelly in my tummy right after waking up, and I tend to sleep in too late to get past that stage before needing to leave, so I tend to eat something else (liver goes nicely with coffee, by the way). At least I get to eat it for dinner.

Dad: "What did you buy for dinner all October? Nothing but PBJ?"
Me: "Yes, actually."

SpottedLion said:
Only five days a week?! Why, I'd eat it every meal (and have) for a month if I bought enough of the stuff.

It stinks, really. I can't eat rich foods like yummy yummy peanut butter 'n jelly in my tummy right after waking up, and I tend to sleep in too late to get past that stage before needing to leave, so I tend to eat something else (liver goes nicely with coffee, by the way). At least I get to eat it for dinner.

Dad: "What did you buy for dinner all October? Nothing but PBJ?"
Me: "Yes, actually."

My stomach doesn't like a lot of ''heavy'' foods right after I get up. My dad will make thick homemade waffles, and I'll usually only eat half of one.

KimbaStarshine said:
My stomach doesn't like a lot of ''heavy'' foods right after I get up. My dad will make thick homemade waffles, and I'll usually only eat half of one.

Makes eating enough breakfast so you're not starving later fun, doesn't it. And, at least for me, when I'm really hungry it's awful. Nothing is appreciated except the very lightest of food, and then only in small quantities.

No waffle maker here, but if it's anything like how much pancake I can eat, half is probably more than I wanted. I surprise family when I eat most or all of them.

SpottedLion said:
Makes eating enough breakfast so you're not starving later fun, doesn't it. And, at least for me, when I'm really hungry it's awful. Nothing is appreciated except the very lightest of food, and then only in small quantities.

No waffle maker here, but if it's anything like how much pancake I can eat, half is probably more than I wanted. I surprise family when I eat most or all of them.

I tend to do alright; a small breakfast will usually sustain me for a few hours. When I go to the YMCA in the morning I just bring a snack along. Depending on what time I get up in the morning, later in the day I may eat just a snack or a small lunch because my mother usually has dinner ready around 5:30.

KimbaStarshine said:
I tend to do alright; a small breakfast will usually sustain me for a few hours.

I'm ok for a few hours too, but then I'm at work and sometimes can't leave to refill. I do tend to eat a snack, though. Maybe I should bring PBJ for that.

I'm just a peanut butter type of guy but I don't make the sandwich often, there are better sandwiches than pb&j

I love PB&J sandwiches. They were my favorite when I was a kid, and on those days where you wake up and you feel bleh it is easy and almost always cheers me up. My family has been making jam for generations, so of course I have a preference for it. Our specialty was black rasperry jam (or black caps as we called them!) When giantguy99 and I get a home, we definitely will be green housing in the back yard. Growing up in California spoiled me as far as produce was concerned, and where I live right now there's snow on the ground half the year. As far as PB? Gotta go with creamy~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back