Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Peanut Butter and Jelly

Default Peanut Butter and Jelly

Believe it or not, as a kid I didn't care for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. As I got older, I would bake with peanut butter and might eat a spoonful of it or put it on bread, but adding jelly just wasn't something I really liked.

Last year though, my dad, after hearing one of his friends talk about doing it, started eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches as an evening snack. I too started eating peanut butter sandwiches, usually without the jelly. But then I started adding it, and nowadays I'm basically hooked. Although I tend to use jam or preserves.

So... discuss this sandwich I've recently started to love so much I'll eat it like five times a week. :P

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine View Post
    Believe it or not, as a kid I didn't care for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. As I got older, I would bake with peanut butter and might eat a spoonful of it or put it on bread, but adding jelly just wasn't something I really liked.

Last year though, my dad, after hearing one of his friends talk about doing it, started eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches as an evening snack. I too started eating peanut butter sandwiches, usually without the jelly. But then I started adding it, and nowadays I'm basically hooked. Although I tend to use jam or preserves.

So... discuss this sandwich I've recently started to love so much I'll eat it like five times a week. :P
    Peanut-butter is a given for me... almost always the kind that you ought to stir (the lightly salted variety)...

Never jelly and, rarely jam or preserves, much as you once were...

I prefer to lightly toast the bread (or just put it on toast) and, sometimes I put a light amount of butter too...

Now, if you really want to go far left on a PB sandwich variation...

Otherwise, I'm a very unadventurous eater...

As you were,
    -Marka

MarchinBunny

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine View Post

This is exactly the same experience I had with PB&J. Didn't like it all that much as a kid. If I had to have it, I rather not have the jelly. It was similar to jelly donuts now that I think about it. Never liked those all that much. If there was donuts I would be excited, but as soon as I found out they where Jelly .. I would pout. Eventually I started liking peanut butter more as I got older but still didn't really get into Jelly.
    Now ... Jelly is a must unless I put Nutella on it instead. I also now love Jelly donuts, but nothing beats boston cream donuts.

BTW as I was writing this I was thinking of using doughnuts instead of donuts. But I suppose it don't matter much.

I've always like PB&J. Like you, nowadays I use strawberry jam or preserves rather than jelly. Also, a spoon full of peanut butter and some marshmallow cream is heavenly!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marka View Post
    Now, if you really want to go far left on a PB sandwich variation...

-Marka
    Sounds like a pregnancy craving!

It's not a thing here so I've never tried it. And it doesn't sound like the type of thing that would go together... I'll have to try it one day.

I'm pretty much the opposite of everyone else here. I used to eat it every single day as a kid, and I eventually just got burned out on it. I still enjoy the taste and all, but it's not something I eat all that often anymore.

As soon as I could really express a preference, I went to straight peanut butter and that's still what I like. It's possible that PB&J might take me back somewhat, since it's one of the few solid foods I ate when very young that I don't eat now. So far, I haven't had sufficient reason to ruin a perfectly good peanut butter sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    As soon as I could really express a preference, I went to straight peanut butter and that's still what I like. It's possible that PB&J might take me back somewhat, since it's one of the few solid foods I ate when very young that I don't eat now. So far, I haven't had sufficient reason to ruin a perfectly good peanut butter sandwich.

MarchinBunny

Quote Originally Posted by parcelboy2 View Post
    That was my first thought when I saw the title too. I used to watch that show a lot in my teens. XD