• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

RedAndBlue

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedAndBlue

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hello,

I have recently started wetting the bed and I have found it to be frustrating and confusing. I found this site while looking for solutions online. I was perusing the forums and found I could not search or post without being a member so I thought I would join.

I wet the bed regularly until I was about 9 or 10 but stopped except for the occasional wet night during my teen years. I am now 30 years old and started wetting the bed again without any explanation. I went to the Dr and he ruled out diabetes (runs in the family) and a UTI. He didn't seem very concerned with the bedwetting and said it should go away. Fast forward 3 weeks and it is still happening, albeit with less frequency. I have another appointment this next week but I'm embarrassed and not really looking forward to it.

I have tried a pack of Abena and Molicare over the last weeks based on Amazon reviews but haven't been really happy with either. I'm going to try the soft Molicare next and I'm hoping that is the last pack I will have to buy... fingers crossed.

As far as other interests, I love coffee, I play video games occasionally, I have a wonderful wife of 9.5 years (who has been my rock through this), and two little ones. That along with work takes about 150% of my time :)

Well that's me and why I'm here :)

Thanks for reading.

RedAndBlue

RedAndBlue said:
Hello,

I have recently started wetting the bed and I have found it to be frustrating and confusing. I found this site while looking for solutions online. I was perusing the forums and found I could not search or post without being a member so I thought I would join.

I wet the bed regularly until I was about 9 or 10 but stopped except for the occasional wet night during my teen years. I am now 30 years old and started wetting the bed again without any explanation. I went to the Dr and he ruled out diabetes (runs in the family) and a UTI. He didn't seem very concerned with the bedwetting and said it should go away. Fast forward 3 weeks and it is still happening, albeit with less frequency. I have another appointment this next week but I'm embarrassed and not really looking forward to it.

I have tried a pack of Abena and Molicare over the last weeks based on Amazon reviews but haven't been really happy with either. I'm going to try the soft Molicare next and I'm hoping that is the last pack I will have to buy... fingers crossed.

As far as other interests, I love coffee, I play video games occasionally, I have a wonderful wife of 9.5 years (who has been my rock through this), and two little ones. That along with work takes about 150% of my time :)

Well that's me and why I'm here :)

Thanks for reading.

RedAndBlue

Hello and welcome to the site. Good introduction by the way. I'm not IC but many of the members on ADISC are and I suspect they will respond to your thread.

I think you've done what you can by seeing the doctor. I know we have had a number of members who were IC when they were younger and then had it stop, only to start again when they were in their 30s. I remember several saying that their doctors couldn't find a reason or cause, so don't become too frustrated. At least you're in good company and it does happen to quite a few people. Then learning how to live with it becomes the goal.

I'm glad you're wife is understanding because that will make it all so much easier. Almost everyone has something they must adjust to. I wish you well.

How good to hear you have a good support network! And now you extended it with this forum :) lol Welcome!
If you can tell us what you were not happy with of Molicare and Abena, we can give you some good tips, I'm sure!

Good luck on getting better and managing the situation!

Thank you for the welcome TyphaHare and Dogboy.

I tried the Abena M4 premium first but the tapes don't seem to stay. Sometimes I wake up and need to go to the bathroom but once I unstick the tapes they are really bad at holding afterwards. It got so bad I was using tape to secure the bottom tapes so they wouldn't pop and leak at night.

Also, the abena was rather tight on my nether regions, especially if it got wet. It caused my testicles to be sore a couple days. Sizing wise, I'm a 31" waist, almost 6', and about 170.

Anywho, I ordered the molicare super plus for about the same price as the abenas. They are much more comfortable but they are too hot. WAY too hot. I am having trouble sleeping due to the heat. It doesn't feel like they breathe at all.

I'm hoping the molicare soft super balances the two without the negatives of either.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back