Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Default Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

So this morning I was going through my usual routine and I became curious if my habit was unique, although I doubt it is. Every morning I'm usually wet when I wake up. I usually use Abena M-4's or NorthShore Supremes as my overnight. A few nights a week are lighter/more dry than others.

On the drier mornings, if my diaper is only damp or maybe up to 1/3 used (just the area between the legs maybe) I will shimmy out of the diaper, fold it up like a pair of underwear and store it in the bathroom. First thing I do when I get home from school is I'll change out of my daytime protection and back into the damp overnight after sprinkling baby powder in it (it helps when shimmying back into it and removes any feeling of dampness). At this point it'll probably only last an hour or two more as my bladder will usually release when I get home when my Diet Coke habit catches up to me.

I know some people may find it a bit dirty, but I never have for some reason? I grew up wetting the bed with only a plastic sheet for protection. I guess after growing up like that all the way into mid/late teens (waking up in my own urine, cold and wet) I have no misgivings about putting back on a slightly damp diaper.

It's not really any dirtier than sitting around in a wet diaper when you stop and think about it. As for me though, when I put a diaper on, most of the time it stays on until it's at capacity or leaking.

I can say that I have done this before. Only for economical reasons, not social responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by BlizzardKid View Post
    Only for economical reasons, not social responsibility.
    Same, but I've realized recently that the savings in garbage space is undeniable.

While I frequently fold and store dry used diapers for reuse later, I've never set aside a wet one for reuse. My skin is too prone to problems for me to get lax with my hygene. And I've gotten mild UTIs from similar situations in the past. Not saying everyone needs to be this way, that's just what's necessary for me.

I have done this before. But I like diapers. I would never save a saturated diaper, but I get your point. I've been less akin to doing this recently because I have plenty and don't need to reuse. What's kept me from doing so lately has been the diaper's refasten-ability. If I can't put it back on with the original tapes then I'm less inclined to save it. Even the most robust tapes wear out after a time. And whenever I find myself thinking of saving one it has been after an extended wear (like overnight) when the diaper didn't get much use but the thing has been stretched all to hell.

I certainly don't think this is a bad idea, though.

The thought of a cold, wet diaper doesn't do much for me, but what you do with your own fluids and in your own pants is beyond my judgement. As long as you're not exhuming poopy baby diapers from a dumpster, we're good.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    As long as you're not exhuming poopy baby diapers from a dumpster, we're good.
    Okay, this is funny. And I totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    The thought of a cold, wet diaper doesn't do much for me...
    I'm not sure what it's supposed to do for me either? It is merely a measure of practicality. When you wear every night, those barely used products are such a waste and can really add up; a waste of money, space, and material.

I don't like to save a partly used diaper, but if I've worn for a while and the diaper is dry, I'll take it off, refold the tapes against the plastic, and reuse it again later. I tend to avoid wearing a diaper at all if I think I'll wet it only a little but not have time for full use, though.