Status
Not open for further replies.

ABDLNerd

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Earlier today, I was browsing around on Craiglist, and ended up spotting an ad for Goodnites. 6 packs of 20 (120), for only $30CAD (~21USD). Really tempted to get it, but I have a pretty bad baby face, and could be easily mistakened for a 15 year old. Curse my Asian genes!

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had advice for something like this. I really want to save the embarrassment of the seller thinking they're for me, but it's such a good deal!

Meet them in a public place who knows could be another abdl

Just don't care.
Seriously, that is the best advice.

Who is the seller anyway? Like, they're not a part of your life, you don't have to impress them. You don't owe them anything else but the money for the diapers you buy from them lol!
They are no one to you and you don't owe them anything.

If they ask (which would be really rude tbh) just tell they're for your cousin or something, and that you were the only one who could pick them up or something that works for you. But honestly just saying "Yeah, they're for me, I wet the bed/like to wear them. Have a nice day!" would be less embarrassing and less complicated than trying to dodge this :D

Like others have said, you would most likely never see these people again. If you've bought at the store before, it really shouldn't be much different. The transaction will probably be faster than you'd imagine.

I have advertised diapers on Craigslist and nobody but one woman called and told me she wanted to bargain, I was supposed (in her mind) to hire a company to deliver 10 cases of ATN'S with 8 cases of bed pads 230 miles away out of state and she would pay me $35 dollars,i politely declined,now I just give away cases to needy IC and board members who live in my area I am just about to give away my 50 th case in the last six months,although there is no place here to list diaper sales and giveaways so nobody here has gotten any, is it at all permissible to start a thread to give away diapers here or is that against the rules?

I've seen these for sale on CL as well. Many different type - usually crappy medical quality ones. A few times I've seen good stuff at good prices and have been tempted to bargain (molicare, abena, etc). But like some of you have said, I am too scared to deal in person with that kind of purchase. I don't know, a store just feels a little different and I have to admit, I've strictly been on online purchases that are discrete for years.
I really don't want to end up showing up to buy diapers from someone I know or who knows me from tv or something.

While I do a lot of CL purchases for other items, not yet diapers.

In any case, definitely only do meet ups in public places (never go to a persons home or even worse, invite someone to your home!)

Tetra said:
I have advertised diapers on Craigslist and nobody but one woman called and told me she wanted to bargain, I was supposed (in her mind) to hire a company to deliver 10 cases of ATN'S with 8 cases of bed pads 230 miles away out of state and she would pay me $35 dollars,i politely declined,now I just give away cases to needy IC and board members who live in my area I am just about to give away my 50 th case in the last six months,although there is no place here to list diaper sales and giveaways so nobody here has gotten any, is it at all permissible to start a thread to give away diapers here or is that against the rules?

Just out of curiosity why are you giving so many away? Id love to take a case off your hands though :smile1:

I've bought and sold diapers on craigslist before. Found some bellissimos once which was great. Other than that I am able to buy online easily enough now so I don't see the need. However, it sure is exciting to just take a look once in awhile to see if anything interesting is posted. I've had positive experiences meeting up with the sellers or buyers though, always friendly people and very short interactions where we just exchange cash and diapers and then go separate ways. Discreetness is usually established before meeting and is understandable in any situation of carrying diapers in a public space.

Tetra said:
I have advertised diapers on Craigslist and nobody but one woman called and told me she wanted to bargain, I was supposed (in her mind) to hire a company to deliver 10 cases of ATN'S with 8 cases of bed pads 230 miles away out of state and she would pay me $35 dollars,i politely declined

Heheh. That's one of the things I hate about craigslist; you post something, and are then deluged with emails asking if you'll simply give it away, ship it out of the area, etc. My wife and I were trying to liquidate some furniture last summer ahead of a move, and got so many of those emails that I finally blew my top and started responding with obscenities. Upon further reflection, I decided that the right thing would have been to respond to all of them and tell them that I'd meet them at the same place, at the same time, and simply give it to them. And then not show up.

I'll do that next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back