Do you use ab/dl diapers to manage incontinence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

INTrePid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm wondering how common it is for people with severe/total incontinence to use ab/dl diapers. It's possible that most incontinent people have never heard of ab/dl diaper brands. But even if they have, does it make sense financially to wear something like an ABU space diaper instead of a premium medical brand like Abena or Dry 24/7? It seems like there would be point of diminishing returns when the additional performance is no longer worth the additional cost. Or do you wear ab/dl diapers just as a once in a while treat to break up the monotony of boring medical diapers?

Has the recent proliferation of super-premium ab/dl diapers has had any positive impact on the day-to-day lives of people living with severe/total incontinence?

I use tena maxi slips and plastic pants most of the time I have tried Euron and Attends which though not quite as good are adequate

I use medical diapers pretty much exclusively, although I think I might try some of the unmarked ABDL ones as an intro. The DC Idyl also looks interesting, as well as the upcoming all-black one from Rearz (but oof, that shipping charge to the US).

As far as financial reasons go, ABDL diapers are definitely a treat. I don't think you're gonna find yourself saving any money there ;)

too poor to afford cool diapers i am stuck with tena's because that is what my DME gives me each month but i do have some cloth diapers now and some pretty panties to go over them so yes to the baby part ;)

I used to spend $120 on M4s each month and I just med the switch to ABU Simples, which are $150 a month. It wasn't as bad a hit because I am a disabled vet and they do give vets a discount. So it comes to $135 a month for the Simples. I switched because the fit was a lot better and made me feel more secure.

dlinu said:
I used to spend $120 on M4s each month and I just med the switch to ABU Simples, which are $150 a month. It wasn't as bad a hit because I am a disabled vet and they do give vets a discount. So it comes to $135 a month for the Simples. I switched because the fit was a lot better and made me feel more secure.
Hey brother is your IC Service related,if so I know the VA supply company that you can get cloth diapers Plastic pants and onesies from,they will cover anything you want as long as it doesn't have baby designs and prints all over them.

I most certainly do wear ab/dl diapers for my incontinence, I figure if i have to wear them anyway might as well enjoy what I am wearing, plus it is kinda nice having something that is functional as well as aesthetically pleasing.

KenworthW900b said:
I most certainly do wear ab/dl diapers for my incontinence, I figure if i have to wear them anyway might as well enjoy what I am wearing, plus it is kinda nice having something that is functional as well as aesthetically pleasing.

Yes - well said.

I like having some "girly panties" around when I feel like being pretty, so I usually have some DC Amot on hand as well.

Usually no, in my opinion they are not worth the extra cost, medical diapers in the premium range are just as good and I don't want to pay that much to have any nursery printing on my diapers. Besides that usually ABDL diapers as I know of have poor odor control, meaning you will smell of pee / wet diaper very fast - though the Abena M4 have the same problem, and that one is a medical diaper.

Hi, I do wear abdl diapers cause they are less boring that the regular I also wear, even though some designs are babyish it feels nice to be able to wear different colors of underwear, in or case... Diapers. Yes they are more pricy but every now and then is a nice option.

Not in general, they are in my opinion not worth the extra cost - though as others have said, printed diapers are a fun alternative to the pure medical diapers.

I wear the A+ level 4 diapers during the day. The rest of time I wear cloth contours or prefolds with PUL pink girly themed
panties. Also have printed AIO's from Dependeco.

I typically do not. I wear Dry 24/7 or Abena pretty much all the time. I've tried Bambino before and they are ok. I'm not against trying them, but I have just kind of found what works for me and I stick with that.

I typically don't. I have tried them before to determine how well they work and if they meet my needs, but don't use them as my daily diaper. I use the A+ level 4 diapers for the most part, I've been keeping an eye open for new ones to see if the cost is worth trying to meet my needs, but nothing so far.

What ever works for me. I can't stand leaky diapers.

Some of the diapers of used in past have been abdl diapers but only for their absorbancy and comfort (i do not like prints of any sort).

Tetra said:
Hey brother is your IC Service related,if so I know the VA supply company that you can get cloth diapers Plastic pants and onesies from,they will cover anything you want as long as it doesn't have baby designs and prints all over them.

Sorry about the delayed response.

Tried that. I actually had perscriptions for them and Tricare just didn't pay the provider screwing me with the bill. I did try to set it up with Gary from XP and all of the forms were done, but Tricare screwed me over again. I learned if I want a good disposable I have to pay for it. Yes my IC is service caused. They have told me one option is to get my colostomy put back which would be covered. Didn't like the colostomy at all, and it cost over $2,000 a month. You figure they would have jumped to pay a little more than that for a year of quality diapers instead.

Thank you for trying to help, but I have fecal incontinence so cloth are out. I don't like feces so trying to clean cloth ones would make me throw up.

I need to use a high-capacity diaper 24/7, usually an Abena M4 or Dry 24/7. I agree that these diapers are clinical and boring in appearance, but I really can't justify the extra expense of the AB/DL diapers. In addition, I think it would be pretty embarrassing to end up in the emergency room wearing a diaper with a juvenile print on it.

I tried a pack of ABDL diapers once, more because they were really thick than for the prints (teddies and ducks I think?) They were fine, though I still mostly use medical nappies just because from what I've seen, ABDL nappies are a little more expensive and I don't feel the need to pay extra for prints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back