Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you use ab/dl diapers to manage incontinence?

Default Do you use ab/dl diapers to manage incontinence?

I'm wondering how common it is for people with severe/total incontinence to use ab/dl diapers. It's possible that most incontinent people have never heard of ab/dl diaper brands. But even if they have, does it make sense financially to wear something like an ABU space diaper instead of a premium medical brand like Abena or Dry 24/7? It seems like there would be point of diminishing returns when the additional performance is no longer worth the additional cost. Or do you wear ab/dl diapers just as a once in a while treat to break up the monotony of boring medical diapers?

Has the recent proliferation of super-premium ab/dl diapers has had any positive impact on the day-to-day lives of people living with severe/total incontinence?

I use tena maxi slips and plastic pants most of the time I have tried Euron and Attends which though not quite as good are adequate

I use medical diapers pretty much exclusively, although I think I might try some of the unmarked ABDL ones as an intro. The DC Idyl also looks interesting, as well as the upcoming all-black one from Rearz (but oof, that shipping charge to the US).

As far as financial reasons go, ABDL diapers are definitely a treat. I don't think you're gonna find yourself saving any money there

too poor to afford cool diapers i am stuck with tena's because that is what my DME gives me each month but i do have some cloth diapers now and some pretty panties to go over them so yes to the baby part

I used to spend $120 on M4s each month and I just med the switch to ABU Simples, which are $150 a month. It wasn't as bad a hit because I am a disabled vet and they do give vets a discount. So it comes to $135 a month for the Simples. I switched because the fit was a lot better and made me feel more secure.

Quote Originally Posted by dlinu View Post
    I used to spend $120 on M4s each month and I just med the switch to ABU Simples, which are $150 a month. It wasn't as bad a hit because I am a disabled vet and they do give vets a discount. So it comes to $135 a month for the Simples. I switched because the fit was a lot better and made me feel more secure.
    Hey brother is your IC Service related,if so I know the VA supply company that you can get cloth diapers Plastic pants and onesies from,they will cover anything you want as long as it doesn't have baby designs and prints all over them.

I most certainly do wear ab/dl diapers for my incontinence, I figure if i have to wear them anyway might as well enjoy what I am wearing, plus it is kinda nice having something that is functional as well as aesthetically pleasing.

Quote Originally Posted by KenworthW900b View Post
    I most certainly do wear ab/dl diapers for my incontinence, I figure if i have to wear them anyway might as well enjoy what I am wearing, plus it is kinda nice having something that is functional as well as aesthetically pleasing.
    Yes - well said.

I like having some "girly panties" around when I feel like being pretty, so I usually have some DC Amot on hand as well.

Usually no, in my opinion they are not worth the extra cost, medical diapers in the premium range are just as good and I don't want to pay that much to have any nursery printing on my diapers. Besides that usually ABDL diapers as I know of have poor odor control, meaning you will smell of pee / wet diaper very fast - though the Abena M4 have the same problem, and that one is a medical diaper.