Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Please help create a "brief" history of GoodNites/DryNites/UnderJams

Default Please help create a "brief" history of GoodNites/DryNites/UnderJams

A couple weeks ago, I splurged on a partial pack of girls GoodNites from IIRC 2007. I don't know why I was so interested in getting a hold of those "vintage" GoodNites, but it got me wondering if there was a place to see all the designs of "big kids" bedwetting underpants through the years. Anyone else interested in a comprehensive pictorial history of all GoodNites, DryNites, UnderJams, and store brand bedwetting underwear designs, graphics, packaging, and info on product design changes?

Quote Originally Posted by tg4selfcheckout View Post
    A couple weeks ago, I splurged on a partial pack of girls GoodNites from IIRC 2007. I don't know why I was so interested in getting a hold of those "vintage" GoodNites, but it got me wondering if there was a place to see all the designs of "big kids" bedwetting underpants through the years. Anyone else interested in a comprehensive pictorial history of all GoodNites, DryNites, UnderJams, and store brand bedwetting underwear designs, graphics, packaging, and info on product design changes?
    Umm...if you're wanting a pictorial history of all the packages / designs of Goodnites...I guess I'm you're guy...for the boy designs anyway. I always enjoyed Goodnites. I started to get them when they first came out. I've always kept some one hand. When the trim fit ones arrived, I bought a bunch of the original ones to save. Then as the ones with different prints came out, I'd have a pack or two of the older ones, and put them aside; cause I'd want to try out the newer ones. As time has gone on, I've got several storage tubs full of different Goodnites. The only package that I don't have, are the trim fit ones *shudders* ....those were dark times...

But I've got a couple different packs of Underjams, basically all the boy Goodnites, and some of the original ones, and even a few of the older packs of DryNites.

- - - Updated - - -

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1425.jpg 
Views:	2302 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	25387

Name:	IMG_1426.jpg 
Views:	1484 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	25388

Name:	IMG_1427.jpg 
Views:	2849 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	25389

Name:	IMG_1428.jpg 
Views:	2181 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	25390

Someone had asked for some pictures awhile back, so I still have these on my computer. lol, I see some that I forgot about. SleepDrys was Luvs competitor to the Goodnites. It didn't last long. Then for years Huggies was alone in the market. Then Pampers introduced their UnderJams.

- - - Updated - - -

But when I have time, if you're needing me to take some pictures of the packages / briefs; just let me know.

Awesome, Mathew! Now that's what I'm talking about!

Yeah...it just kind of happened. I never intended to collect them all. Just you go buy a couple packages, then before you can finish using them, a new print is released, and you want the new print. But now that I've collected them, I kind of like it. Not sure what I'll ever do with them. I've been asked to sell some of them before, but not sure that I want to do that. The old XL Goodnites were huge. Used to be three sizes: M, L, XL. They were plain white, and the old L is even bigger than the modern day L / XL. The XL's were HUGE. It's crazy how much they're reduced them over the years.

My favorite Goodnites are still the old-school, all-white ones. They actually had sizes for larger teens- they weren't overly tight or too short like the current ones, and aren't large and baggy like current store-brand adult pull-ups. They fit me perfectly. They were also pretty absorbent. The first one I tried lasted me a good 5-6 hours before it leaked. There used to be a handicapped girl in my high school- when I went to the nurses office once, I found a pack of Goodnites she had left behind when she graduated, so I snuck one on and wore it home to try- it was my first real diaper, save some baby diapers I had snuck out of a daycare a couple times. I later took 2 more, but never went back to the nurses office after that.

Back on topic, while I was looking up the original ones, I found this, which might be what you're looking for https://www.flickr.com/photos/119261...7624372202210/

Nice. Looks like that person, has the girl versions of several prints. That combined with the boys ones I have; that'll be a good chunk of the history.

What exactly are you wanting tg4selfcheckout? Certain angles, sides of the packages; and pictures of the briefs themselves?

It's something that I can do for the ones I've got. It'll take awhile to get them out, set-up, take pictures, & upload. Not impossible, just very time consuming. So, it's not something that I'll be able to do very soon. But at some point I will be able too. Where are you wanting the pictures send too? A certain email? Uploaded here?

GoodNites were one of the things that caught my eye as a kid. I was never really interested in plain baby diapers, but Pull-Ups and GoodNites (and adult incontinence products eventually) I found sexually exciting (of course I didn't understand it as a kid though). I remember one time when I was about 13, I was in the living room with my parents when a GoodNites commercial came on. It made me uncomfortable so I grabbed one of our cats as a distraction of sorts, and ended up getting scratched. :P But I've never tried them - I didn't try to obtain and wear diapers as a child, and nowadays I'm too large to fit into them.

Besides squeezing into baby diapers. Goodnites were the only other thing I had as a kid. Goodnites were the first things I ever wore, that actually fit me really good. It'd be years later when I moved out of the house and got adult diapers, before I was able to wear something that really fit me again. Because of that, Goodnites have always had a special place in my heart. I remember being fascinated with them growing up. I'd stare at the TV when one of the commercials came on, or when I saw a print ad in a magazine or newspaper. It amazed me when they first launch their website, and you could see the product. It was really cool. Goodnites really helped to stir up my interests with diapers.

I still find it funny that Goodnites used to be very proud that their products were "Plain white, just like real underwear. No little kid prints." I was shocked when they changed, and began putting prints on them. After a few years, their original comparison with them, showing a printed one being for toddlers and the plain white one, being for older kids has changed. It's crazy to see them do a 180 on that. Now if you look at their site, when they show a comparison, it's the printed one that's for older kids, and the plain white one for toddlers. Don't get me wrong. I love the prints. I was so excited when they first did it. I hoped that one day, they'd do an all over print, and maybe make the sides blue. It took about 10 years, but that finally happened. As year year went by, they became more and more "training-pant like".

Quote Originally Posted by Mattew View Post
    Now if you look at their site, when they show a comparison, it's the printed one that's for older kids, and the plain white one for toddlers.
    Are you referring to the current product? Because the s/m size has the licensed characters; they're not all white.

Anyway, I remember a curious pre-teen me, probably about 12 years old, visiting their website once on the family computer. I think I was too nervous to do anything but look at the homepage. I'm pretty doubtful that I cleared the browser history, but I was never questioned by my parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattew View Post
    Umm...if you're wanting a pictorial history of all the packages / designs of Goodnites...I guess I'm you're guy...for the boy designs anyway. I always enjoyed Goodnites. I started to get them when they first came out. I've always kept some one hand. When the trim fit ones arrived, I bought a bunch of the original ones to save. Then as the ones with different prints came out, I'd have a pack or two of the older ones, and put them aside; cause I'd want to try out the newer ones. As time has gone on, I've got several storage tubs full of different Goodnites. The only package that I don't have, are the trim fit ones *shudders* ....those were dark times...

But I've got a couple different packs of Underjams, basically all the boy Goodnites, and some of the original ones, and even a few of the older packs of DryNites.

- - - Updated - - -

------------ Snipped Images ------------

Someone had asked for some pictures awhile back, so I still have these on my computer. lol, I see some that I forgot about. SleepDrys was Luvs competitor to the Goodnites. It didn't last long. Then for years Huggies was alone in the market. Then Pampers introduced their UnderJams.

- - - Updated - - -

But when I have time, if you're needing me to take some pictures of the packages / briefs; just let me know.
    --- Slightly off topic, sorry ---
    Mattew...

Can I live with you please?

Between my GoodNites, Underjams, Bambino Teddys and Abena M4 and your GoodNites (plus more?), we could rule diaperland