Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Model Railroading

Default Model Railroading

Any of you here model railroaders? I was big in it until I gave it away when I went to the seminary a while back, and hopefully when I get a job I will be starting over with the hobby.

Yes I am. Mine got taken down when I got married, and is in the attic. Plans are in the works to start putting it up within the next year.

We also have a "Trains" group if you are interested. It has not been very active for a little while, but you may just be the person to get it going again.

I am indeed! Just about to start building a new layout.

As a kid, I had an American Flyer set, and I still have it, packed in boxes. When I was in high school, I started building an H. O layout. When we moved to where we now live, I put my H.O. trains up on an 8 x 4 piece of plywood. I had a block layout so I could run two trains at the same time. Eventually I needed the space so it had to come down. I'd have to move to a house with a full basement to do what I want to do, unfortunately.

I have a small HO scale model RR.
    I also have a wooden railroad which I pull out and set up every once in a while.

Any of you use Digitrax for your operation DCC system. I have used it and love the system for it to allow you to expand with your layout.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlforpurity View Post
    Any of you use Digitrax for your operation DCC system. I have used it and love the system for it to allow you to expand with your layout.
    We got a set for our grandson and I had a ball setting it up and playing it with him.

what do you think of fast track? I've been really interested in railroads lately

Fast track depends on where you want to set up the railroad and what you want to do with it. I myself have gotten into hand laying and scratch building m turnouts. It is more time consuming, but cheaper for buying turnouts, and allows for greater flexibility especially when building a rail yard.

I really wanted a model railway when I was a kid. I remember my friend's bedroom was in a loft conversion, and there was this huge board that folded down from the angled roof. On it was a massive train set with countryside, hills, valleys, farms, stations, tunnels, junction boxes, and so on. It was amazing!

Oh crikey! I just typed "model railway" into YouTube to see what would come up... And it's INSANE!!! You have to see this: