Abu sdk 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the SDK diapers. I'm wearing one now. Can't wait for the new ones.

People the new SDK's and Cushies V2 are now availabe, go check them out in ABU's website !

I think the new version of SDKs are my dream diaper realized!! So stoked!! :D

They are not available yet, read the promo carefully, they can be pre ordered with possible shipment starting at the end of February, either way they are coming just a few more weeks, actually lol if I pre order and they ship the end of February that puts the delivery date almost right on my birthday, that's pretty cool

pampers4U said:
They are not available yet, read the promo carefully, they can be pre ordered with possible shipment starting at the end of February,

Really? I could've sworn they listed "You will only be able to order what we have in stock" as one of their "core committments" when they booted ABU?

Also I was looking at those and it looks like they may have taken the ABU Simple and replaced the tape and changed the pattern? (ie made the Space look like a Cushies?) This would be a huge improvement in the cushies. I'm still not a fan of the single tape designs, but as far as that goes, this is piobably the best possible route to take with it.

A 40pk of paws is 85 and yet a 20pk of sdk2's are 60? What the hell!?

statik said:

SDKr2 is just released, sometimes the initial releases of stuff are more expensive. LP's are somewhat new but have been out awhile.

statik said:

Wow I did not even realize that! I am just now compairing SDK to Tykables over nights, I can buy 20 SDK or 30 Waddlers for $60, humm.... I've been saving my money in anticipation of the new SDK & Cushies but now I don't know!

bambinod said:
SDKr2 is just released, sometimes the initial releases of stuff are more expensive. LP's are somewhat new but have been out awhile.

Truth. When the Space diapers first came out, supplies were limited so the order limit was 1 pack. Because of this, the per diaper price was high until case shipments started. I expect the same will hold true with the new SDK and Cushies. Just wait until the cases are available if you want a better per diaper price. If you just can't wait and want to try them right now (I know I sure do), the price will be just a little higher because of the quantity restriction.

ABUniverse tossed the community a middle finger with the 3$ per diaper.
Thoroughly unimpressed, taking my business elsewhere for the time being.

bambinod said:

LP's have only been out a month or so now so that new logic fails. If you have limited supply that's fine to restrict orders to whatever purchase quantity but to increase the price because of your own company's short comings is not. Don't make the consumer pay for that.

ABU started out at such a high note but this is just bad business period. I hope to God we don't have another greedy Rearz / Crinklz scenario here.

I was counting down the days to purchase but fuck that.

We put HUGE shipping windows in place when we know we're going to have a massive rush so we don't over-promise/under deliver. So it will ship out beginning next week, and orders will ship (by the latest) on or before Feb 22nd.

- - - Updated - - -

statik said:
LP's have only been out a month or so now so that new logic fails. If you have limited supply that's fine to restrict orders to whatever purchase quantity but to increase the price because of your own company's short comings is not. Don't make the consumer pay for that.

ABU started out at such a high note but this is just bad business period. I hope to God we don't have another greedy Rearz / Crinklz scenario here.

I was counting down the days to purchase but fuck that.

Ok, so here is the deal:
Whenever we've put new inventory out that is available in case or 1/2 case quantities, people hoard them. Therefore, we are allowing pack and 2 pack sales (with two packs being slightly discounted) to allow for the early buyers to get their hands on them. In March, we're going to bring in more inventory, and will see sales level out a bit, and will be able to deal with case sales.

I don't think the accusations of greed are necessary, considering everything we've been through as a company, and how aggressive we've made our pricing on case quantities, along with free shipping AND customer service that actually works.

klo555 said:
Whenever we've put new inventory out that is available in case or 1/2 case quantities, people hoard them. Therefore, we are allowing pack and 2 pack sales (with two packs being slightly discounted) to allow for the early buyers to get their hands on them. In March, we're going to bring in more inventory, and will see sales level out a bit, and will be able to deal with case sales.

I noticed that. (and I tend to do that, if a new product comes out that I have a strong faith in or really want to support, I'll start out with a case or two if I can) I noticed you didn't allow large sales to start with so I just waited for the cases to become available. Let those that are in a rush to get some to try. Makes sense for everyone involved. (I got two cases of crinklz when they came out, and thankful of it, they ran out fast and now the rev1's are unobtainium now)

I don't think the accusations of greed are necessary, considering everything we've been through as a company, and how aggressive we've made our pricing on case quantities, along with free shipping AND customer service that actually works.

Yeah, there's a bit of unnecesary hostility here I think. Hopefully heads cool down soon. IMHO you guys are doing a great job and aren't making any "abusive" business choices. When dealing with a small amount of inventory, you have to throttle how your product goes in and out the door - product flow is as big of an issue as cash flow. Adjusting your marketing and prices so that you are about out of stock as the next shipment arrives is the ideal strategy when you don't have a ton of warehouse space to buffer with. Keep up the good work, you are appreciated!

Where's the information about two packs being discounted?

For the record I said "I hope..." which is not a outright accusation of being greedy. I want your company to succeed but seeing those price totals threw me off since I purchased the paws soon as they dropped. I did not expect the pricing to be higher when paws to me are a superior product in comparison.

statik said:
Where's the information about two packs being discounted?

For the record I said "I hope..." which is not a outright accusation of being greedy. I want your company to succeed but seeing those price totals threw me off since I purchased the paws soon as they dropped. I did not expect the pricing to be higher when paws to me are a superior product in comparison.

We're doing our absolute best to keep product in stock. I understand your frustration, and it does suck. As bambinod said "Let those that are in a rush to get some to try." , this is normal for how we launch products.

Sorry if I misunderstood or took that a bit heavy on your comment about greed. We've done our best to be fair, and do the best job we can for the community.

If you buy 2 packs, you see a bit of a savings, but it's not huge. The main contributing factor to the price on packs is the shipping cost. The difference between shipping a pack and shipping a case isn't as big as you think.

Here is what we CAN DO - If you want to buy a case of LittlePawz or Space, and want to swap in a pack or two of SDKs / Cushies, email us and we'll make it happen! [email protected] . I think this sounds like a reasonable solution to help everyone feel more gruntled.

Wow that is a fantastic idea!!! Good job ABU , and good customer service!!

pampers4U said:
Wow that is a fantastic idea!!! Good job ABU , and good customer service!!

We do our absolute best!

Since I only have 30 or so bucks to spend (money's gotten tight since school started) I'm probably gonna bite the bullet and get a 10-pack...but here's the real question: scented or unscented?

klo555 said:
We do our absolute best!

Yes, that you do and then some!

Put in my order for a scented mixed case of Space/LittlePawz and a pack of SDK 2.0, can't wait to try em'

OhHeyThere said:
Since I only have 30 or so bucks to spend (money's gotten tight since school started) I'm probably gonna bite the bullet and get a 10-pack...but here's the real question: scented or unscented?

Depends on your preference. If your sharing a place, have roommates, etc. I'd say, un scented. The scent is VERY strong. You'll need to have it sealed in several bags to not smell it.

I like the scent, but only got it once. You could smell it when the package arrived...I know the delivery guy...bit awkward...Not ABU's fault tho. I just didn't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back