Abu sdk 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts on shipping, and living in the bottom of the world:
I work in the IT industry, and I know how much it costs us to get a server shipped from Auckland to Christchurch (in NZ)
The flat rate $15 shipping per $100USD I think is fantastic, especially considering how far it has to come from

Yes, if you are buying small quantities, it does suck, but if you are able to go up to 1/2 case, it makes a lot more sense
I do love the fact that ABU have stock in Melbourne

Lets look at PaddingPlus - Bambinos for an 8 pack are 39AUD, Shipping is 20 - making it 63NZD for 8 diapers
Littlies-downunder - Crinklz for a 15 pack are 37AUD, shipping is 46.5 - Making it 89NZD for 15 diapers
ABUniverse - 10 pack is 35USD, shipping is 15, or 75NZD for 10 diapers.
Buy half a case - 85USD, shipping is 15, 145NZD for 40 diapers
Pack of 10 ASC + shipping to NZ is 47USD or 71NZD - Buying 2 packs of ASC + shipping to NZ is 94USD

Now, that's not saying that I wouldn't like to see ABU doing specials, not at all. But, I don't think that a lot of the comments are warranted...

The DC Idyl stuff, I don't think Jeremy will even ship outside of the USA for instance...
Bambinos, same story, have to buy through pplus, as no shipping options to NZ

And, with the comments about pricing / shipping - Was done with Space, and worked well , got product into market, and then prices drop. Bit like buying an electric car

Note said:
I really think those that buy nationally don't get to complain about pricing and availability, not on the level international customers get to anyway. Should just consider yourselves grateful that the list price is exactly what you're paying for! Hell you even get free shipping with ABU. How awesome is that?!?

I was just discussing that with ABU actually. I wanted to order a case of paws and was going to get another mixed case, 8 bags of 3-4 different kinds, to try their new and improved products. But due to getting effectively charged shipping five times, my two case order came out to over $100 more than two cases of paws would have been. (~$400 instead of ~$300) While their support portal has been giving me absolute fits, Casey has been very helpful and helped me work around the problem, but it requires some manual intervention on their end since the storefront doesn't support it.

There's really nothing to be "grateful" for in "free shipping". It's not free. It's simply built-into the price of the product. This is OK for large products with expensive shipping, like cases, because it helps dull the "sticker shock" of shipping. But when it involves smaller items, it creates a problem for the customer when they need to combine shipping. UPS charges about the same to ship two bags (separately) as it does to ship one entire case of 8 bags. And although stores will simply put all 8 bags into one box and ship it once, their storefront will still charge you as though they were all shipped separately. So you're basically paying the store 8 shipping charges and the store is only paying UPS for two, and pocketing your other 6. This really adds up fast.

But a lot of the commonly available storefronts don't offer sellers the option to combine shipping. I think that's the issue right now with ABU. Those have to work on a "shipping units" system, where each product has a number of units of shipping space required and the option to be combinable. Cases would probably build shipping in ("free shipping") and not be combinable. Single bag orders would be combinable with 1 unit, and double bag orders would be combinable with 2 units. The cart would automatically combine a 1 and 2 bag order and those collectively would get a 3-unit shipping price. If you had a total of 8 units of bags in your cart, they would combine to the (max) 8 unit shipping charge, the same as shipping a case. I think that's how ebay does it. But not all sellers on ebay use that system, and can still be quite a headache to order from, because they try to build-in shipping on everything. Several times I've had to chat with the seller to get a refund for combined shipping, and that usually amounts to a refund of 20-45% of the price of my purchase.

okram said:
The DC Idyl stuff, I don't think Jeremy will even ship outside of the USA for instance...

As a matter of fact, I do ship to NZ :biggrin:

Sweet :). Flick me a pm with costings plz.. Didn't see it on your site

I ordered a case the other day and swapped in 2 packs of the new SDKs... only thing I forgot to take into account is the terrible Canadian dollar right now and the exchange rate :S owell can't wait to get them! Customer service was great, thanks ABU!

I too have seen the ads and am so intrigued as to order a bag. I'm not into the ab side but the fit of them on their models looks amazing. I'm also curious to see how the single tapes do and if the swell up. I'm going with cushies though

askmelater47 said:
I too have seen the ads and am so intrigued as to order a bag. I'm not into the ab side but the fit of them on their models looks amazing. I'm also curious to see how the single tapes do and if the swell up. I'm going with Cushies though

You will be amazed at how well those single tapes really work. The purple color on the Cushies will wear off and transfer to other garments, however. But the SDK has a plain white backing that won't. If they indeed redesigned the standing leak barriers to work better than the older production, then the result will be a discrete product with a long wear duration. My main concern for me, would be that they are probably still too thin. I'll have to see.

The standing leak barriers are taller than the old ones, and will definitely do a better job of keeping "stuff" inside.

Regarding the shipping conversation: We're working on this "unit" issue of mixing/matching a case. We've got some other projects in the queue that are ahead of the full-blown mix/match scenario, but you can always email [email protected] and we'll setup a custom order for you to get the best price!

While I'm definitely am interested in seeing how the 2.0 version work out I am a bit sad that the small sizes will be out way after the stock is built up but it does leave me wondering what is gonna happen to the existing small options on the current Cushies? Will they be unavailible once the stock Cushies V.1 are done or will there be a small stock kept for the small size?

klo555 said:
We do our absolute best!

That you do, that you do! Can't wait to try these. Just got a case of Little Paws and they ae the most amazing diaper I have ever worn.

Once the stock of smalls (in all models) are gone, we will be out until the V2 of smalls are out. This IS something we're actively working on!

klo555 said:
Once the stock of smalls (in all models) are gone, we will be out until the V2 of smalls are out. This IS something we're actively working on!

Sweet. That's good to hear. Since others don't have Smalls, you'll have the entire market.

Has anyone gotten a tracking number or shipped notice for the v2's? I ordered mine a week ago and nothing.

cateddybear said:
Has anyone gotten a tracking number or shipped notice for the v2's? I ordered mine a week ago and nothing.

Dude seriously? Scroll down on the product page and you will see:

Temporary Notice - Posted February 6th, 2016

If you have placed an order that contains Space Medium or LittlePawz Medium; Your order will ship on or before February 10th.

If you have placed an order that contains Cushies v2 or SDK v2; Your order will ship on or before February 22nd.

Wow take a chill pill man it was just a question, but thanks for the info....

klo555 said:

Ah thats a shame, hopefully they will still be some in stock when i get around to ordering in the future.

Noodle said:
Ah thats a shame, hopefully they will still be some in stock when i get around to ordering in the future.

They should be. ABU and Klo555 has been doing pretty good with the products, image, customer service, public relations, etc. Since getting ABU back up and running.

I just got my SDK 2.0 in the mail today and I have to say I'm quite impressed. The rear waistband is a huge improvement for the fit, for some reason it feels more like an actual baby diaper. The diaper itself is definitely thicker I would put it in the same thickness as a tykeables overnight. The outer shell has changed and is more like their space diaper which I find more comfortable but it also crinkles less, the tapes seem to be a little shorter but I have not noticed a performance difference, and the tape panel seems to have brighter colors.

Overall I have to say I have a new favorite diaper!

cateddybear said:
I just got my SDK 2.0 in the mail today and I have to say I'm quite impressed. The rear waistband is a huge improvement for the fit, for some reason it feels more like an actual baby diaper. The diaper itself is definitely thicker I would put it in the same thickness as a tykeables overnight. The outer shell has changed and is more like their space diaper which I find more comfortable but it also crinkles less, the tapes seem to be a little shorter but I have not noticed a performance difference, and the tape panel seems to have brighter colors.

Overall I have to say I have a new favorite diaper!

Sweet! Good to hear. I can't wait until I get a chance to try them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back