Thread: Not a good day

Default Not a good day

sorry guys, but i need to rant, and get this off my chest.. Well not much of a rant really but a way to relax.

Ok.. so i have just left work early, i needed to..

i work in a warehouse, loading pallets there are two main international lines and one national line, and there are three of us who work.. I run one of the main international lines. and an older collegue runs the other one.. Anyway, i finished my line work at the time, and was waiting for 4 pallets to arrive, However them four pallets were on my colllegues line, waiting, (he was downstairs loading a truck which he does from time to time). i could do nothing but wait, and i hate waiting, it causes me to remember my past.. So instead, as normal i moved over to his line, logged in the system and began working. in order to firstly keep busy and secondly get the pallets i needed to complete my job.

Anyway, i was working away, when he came back.. and the s""" hit the fan, he went ape S"""... shouting at me, about doing his work.. well i immediately backed off, and went back to my own line.. But with him shouting, the other members of staff, began to get involved and had a go at him..

The problem comes from due to this the memmories of my past that i work hard to forget came flooding back.. all the shouting, people getting into trouble, freaked me out.

i ended up sitting in my car for 30 minutes, and just working myself up.. by the time i returned to the job, i was a bag of nerves, my body was shaking, so i spoke with my supervisor, and left.

Im at home now, i need to calm down, so im going to be getting my baby stuff on.. and sitting and watching bob the builder for the next few hours.. hopefully that will help me calm down..

Im worriee now that it may effect my job.. i need the job.. to keep my busy. but after today.. i dont know.

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest..
    Too many memories resurfaced today, and i dont like it..

Cheers
    Babylea

123 Principle.

1) My past has little relevance on my present.
    2) What I do now counts.
    3) The future makes no mistakes.

MarchinBunny

This sort of thing has happened to me countless times. Where I am at work and crap just hits the fan. It sometimes can even get to the point where my hands begin shaking uncontrollably. I get so frustrated I just need to get out of there. Typically I would go on my break, smoke a few cigarettes, take a few deep breaths and go back in and just continue working. I never have left work before due to it simply because I always felt it would make a worse impression of myself in the situation.

Honestly, you can't let your past memories control you like they are doing. I have crappy memories myself, really crappy memories. But I never use it as an excuse because I feel like that just isn't fair to others since they have nothing to do with it.

I think one of the biggest issues here, with you babylea, is you use your memories as an excuse for your problems and you seem to focus on those past memories constantly. I realize you may not have much control over this, but it's really not healthy for you to constantly be thinking about things you can't change. You should be trying to work on a way to get past it, whether that be talking to a therapist or a friend. Something though needs to be done about it.

I understand it's like post-traumatic shock it's normal for your body to react that way.
    It's linked to fight or flite we are chemical as well as thinking person's.
    As in also calming down in little mode.
    We can be very sensitive or seem's us littles are when past trauma is a part of our back ground.
    Now next time your stuff is In his line you ask your supervisor what he want you to do.
    Then that guy has no say you were told to do it .
    Or work it out with your supervisor before hand then your ok he's the trouble maker.
    Enjoy your show I going to watch bear in big blue house my self with my bear bear snuggled up. :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by brabbit1987 View Post
    This sort of thing has happened to me countless times. Where I am at work and crap just hits the fan. It sometimes can even get to the point where my hands begin shaking uncontrollably. I get so frustrated I just need to get out of there. Typically I would go on my break, smoke a few cigarettes, take a few deep breaths and go back in and just continue working. I never have left work before due to it simply because I always felt it would make a worse impression of myself in the situation.

Honestly, you can't let your past memories control you like they are doing. I have crappy memories myself, really crappy memories. But I never use it as an excuse because I feel like that just isn't fair to others since they have nothing to do with it.

I think one of the biggest issues here, with you babylea, is you use your memories as an excuse for your problems and you seem to focus on those past memories constantly. I realize you may not have much control over this, but it's really not healthy for you to constantly be thinking about things you can't change. You should be trying to work on a way to get past it, whether that be talking to a therapist or a friend. Something though needs to be done about it.
    We all are not the same.
    Some of us are who we are .
    What works for some may not work for others.
    How we say thing matters also.
    It's not like you take a pill it's all fixed.
    Your a fighter I can see that .
    Not all of us are you .
    Some times we can if not careful feeling can be hurt .
    A person's post can push a person over the edge.
    For some here are hanging on just by a thread.
    Ok .
    Look at how others post like marka ,zipperless, dogboy and others look up to them and how kind they are.
    Take care .

MarchinBunny

Quote Originally Posted by foxkits View Post
    We all are not the same.
    Some of us are who we are .
    What works for some may not work for others.
    How we say thing matters also.
    It's not like you take a pill it's all fixed.
    Your a fighter I can see that .
    Not all of us are you .
    Some times we can if not careful feeling can be hurt .
    A person's post can push a person over the edge.
    For some here are hanging on just by a thread.
    Ok .
    Look at how others post like marka ,zipperless, dogboy and others look up to them and how kind they are.
    Take care .
    Not really sure what you are talking about, I am only pointing out a problem that I see. I am not telling anyone to be like me or how they should be. Clearly you misunderstood what I was trying to say with my post. If someone has a problem, it's normal to try and help them with that problem, and that is what I am trying to do here, just as much as you are.

Also, let babylea speak for herself. It pisses me off when people act as if I hurt someones feelings when they don't know that. Unlike you, she may actually understand what I am saying. She may even be aware it's a problem. If she says I hurt her feelings based on what I said, I will apologize as that isn't even remotely what I tried to do here.

Anyway, don't talk to me like that again, or you and I will have a big problem with each other. Be more mindful with the assumptions you make about me.

Edit: Also, you pretty much did what you just arrogantly tried to tell me not to do. Maybe you should take your own advice. I am not you, so don't force me to be like you. I also am not Marka, Zipperless, Dogboy, or anyone else for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by brabbit1987 View Post
    Not really sure what you are talking about, I am only pointing out a problem that I see. I am not telling anyone to be like me or how they should be. Clearly you misunderstood what I was trying to say with my post. If someone has a problem, it's normal to try and help them with that problem, and that is what I am trying to do here, just as much as you are.

Also, let babylea speak for herself. It pisses me off when people act as if I hurt someones feelings when they don't know that. Unlike you, she may actually understand what I am saying. She may even be aware it's a problem. If she says I hurt her feelings based on what I said, I will apologize as that isn't even remotely what I tried to do here.

Anyway, don't talk to me like that again, or you and I will have a big problem with each other. Be more mindful with the assumptions you make about me.

Edit: Also, you pretty much did what you just arrogantly tried to tell me not to do. Maybe you should take your own advice. I am not you, so don't force me to be like you. I also am not Marka, Zipperless, Dogboy, or anyone else for that matter.
    I apologize.
    I had mal intent .
    You take care.

Firstl thank you for the comments

secondly this situation hardly ever happens, this is the first time in almost a year that this has effected me, i spend most of my time busy so as not to remember my past. It just so happens that yesterday was a little different, probably due to the way that my collegue started shouting, He reminded me so much of my father in his manorisms, so yes, it brought back memories. unfortunate memories are there for life.

I have had time to calm down and am feeling much better this morning, although i didn't sleep to well. it was only Christmas last year, i suffered severe depression because of my past. I believe i do quite well under the circumstances.

i have a very tough exterior normally, and can take quite a bit, my emotions are generally locked away, but yesterday the came flooding to the front, it normally takes a lot for this to happen.

oh and finally i am male, not female lol

thanks again

Babylea

MarchinBunny

Quote Originally Posted by babylea View Post
    secondly this situation hardly ever happens, this is the first time in almost a year that this has effected me, i spend most of my time busy so as not to remember my past. It just so happens that yesterday was a little different, probably due to the way that my collegue started shouting, He reminded me so much of my father in his manorisms, so yes, it brought back memories. unfortunate memories are there for life.
    That is really good to hear. There is nothing worse than having the past haunt you preventing you from functioning properly and really glad to hear it's not something that happens commonly.

i have a very tough exterior normally, and can take quite a bit, my emotions are generally locked away, but yesterday the came flooding to the front, it normally takes a lot for this to happen.
    I see, I am similar in this area, so I completely understand.

oh and finally i am male, not female lol
    Name:  cute-rabbit-emoticon-13.gif
Views: 73
Size:  6.6 KB Oops ... I am sorry lol. Don't know why I thought you where female. My bad.

thanks again

Babylea
    No problem, and hopefully I didn't come off as mean or anything. After what foxkits said, I had been kinda worried about my post. So I am sorry if my post ... if there was something wrong with it.
    Name:  cute-rabbit-emoticon-04.gif
Views: 71
Size:  5.2 KB

It sounds like you're suffering from PTSD, and that can trigger specific responses to specific stimuli. We used to call it, pushing someone's buttons or emotional buttons. There are some people that should wear a sign, "don't come close" and he's one of them. If other people became mad at him instead of you, that's their way of supporting you so you should feel good about that. Also, you now know to just leave him and his work, alone.

I suspect that most of us on this site have worked with difficult people. I sure have, some of which have been real creeps and some, even predictors. To all of them I'm sure we've all thought, "F*ck you!" You certainly can feel it without saying it because you are on the job site.

When I worked as a teacher assistant at a junior high school, I never became involved with other people's lives, especially where gossip was concerned. When I went home, I left 100 percent of the job back at school. That wasn't true with my church job as that was a ministry, so we make these decisions depending on the job. Tomorrow should be a better day for you. I sincerely hope so.