First diaper memory after toddler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tetra said:
Well it was a strange situation she had surgery got an infection was put on the strongest antibiotic they had,she got the UTI and they had nothing to combat it with and she died in the ED due to septic shock,the UTI was just an infection to far.

That's a bit of a glimpse toward what some are calling a "no antibiotics" future for mankind. Due to overuse, harmful bacteria are evolving resistance to drugs faster than we can design new ones. 20 years from now we may be seeing a lot more people dying from infections that they simply have nothing to fight them with.

I know right now they've got only one or two "final defense" antibiotics left, that are highly regulated. They hold those in reserve for cases of life-or-death only, when dealing with a "multiple resistant infection" that can't be checked with any of the other antibiotics available. Those patients are isolated, and everything is continuously sterilized, during and after treatment, to make sure that if even one single bacteria happens to evolve resistance, it won't live to get loose.

For me it was around 5 or 6. My mom was getting ready to go to the store in the morning and I had to go with her. She was getting me dressed to go, but discovered that I didn't have any clean underwear. Since she still had some old diapers in the back of the closet, she used one of those instead of underwear. Initially I was upset about having to wear a diaper at that age, but after we had gotten to the store I kind of forgot about the fact that I was wearing a diaper and went about the rest of the day as normal. I actually enjoyed wearing the diaper that day, and I would consider that one of the memories that motivated me to try diapers when I got older.

I don't remember how old I was, buT I do remember the first time I got caught.. I remember it to this day. I was very young though 5-7 somewhere in there. We came home from a family friends house, I had take. A diaper or two from their house and hid them in my waistband. Some how my parents found them, I just remember standing in the kitchen and they were upset with me asking why.. And I could say was "I don't know, I just wanted them"

I don't exactly remember how old i was, but i do wearily remember me being potty trained, while i was with my dad in a apartment and i didn't learn to stand up and pee until later. So for the majority of the time i just set down, I don't think i learned until later how to stand up and pee.

With not being potty trained until five, I have plenty of diaper memories, including the plenty of times where I was back in them during the day after for occasional toileting troubles and being in them every night until past ten. I think the first memories I actually have of dealing with diapers that stick out is from when my mom had taken me to the store. She had just bought another box of diapers for me (this was early 1970's when Pampers came in a box, not even form-fitting diapers) and it was on the counter to be rung up by the cashier. The cashier said something to my mom about a child at the babysitter and my mom pointed out that the diapers were for me. I was embarrassed as all get out, my mom was one who thought (like a lot of other parents at the time) that humiliating me would help me get past the trouble, and she had more than one thing she tried.

Your story reminds me of something. I was a bed wetter well into 2nd grade so wore diapers at might until I got too big to fit in the largest size. I remember one time being in the grocery store and my diapers were on the checkout counter. I don't remember what happened but I was quite proud to say they were mine. I think that might have been the last bag of diapers that were purchased for my bed wetting.

I think I was about 3 or 4. I was fully potty trained (I thought), but one night I woke up in the middle of the night and noticed that i was wearing something other than underwear. It was thick and had an outer plastic lining. I didn't put two and two together so I was a little freaked out because I know I was wearing underwear before. I got up and ran to my moms room and woke her up. I asked her what I was wearing and she reached down to feel my padded butt and said in a fake surprised voice, "I don't know... Just go back to bed and we will check it out in the morning". So I went back to bed. I don't remember if we talked in the morning about it and I have no recollection of ever being put into it or if it was even a nightly ritual. I obviously connected the dots as I got older that I was wearing a disposable diaper. It's crazy how clear that memory is to me though.

There were no disposables when I was a toddler, and children in cloth diapers tend to potty train earlier; I was out of diapers by my 2nd birthday (but wet the bed often until I was 6). I have 3 distinct early diaper memories after that, though only one involved me in diapers:

1. I had just turned 3 and was dropped off at at my mother’s friend to be watched for awhile. The woman ran a beauty parlor in her home. She put me down for a nap on a couch where she could keep an eye on me, and covered me with a plastic hair cutting apron. I can remember rubbing the plastic apron between my fingers and fondly thinking it felt just like the plastic pants I used to wear... and missing them.

2. I had just turned 4 and my mother asked the neighbor across the street to watch me for a few hours. The neighbor had a 4 year old son who I played with everyday. I was never allowed into their house, but as I was being watched that day I was invited in for lunch. Kind of a shock when my friend was put in a high chair and bib to eat his lunch. I remember sitting at the table, feeling uncomfortable while I ate. After lunch, it was nap time. That's when I found out my friend still wore diapers and plastic pants, and still slept in a crib. After changing him and putting him in his crib, his mother asked if I needed a clean diaper. I said no, I don’t wear diapers, but need to go potty. Afterwards, I was told to lay down on a palette she made for me on the floor of my friend's bedroom. I remember watching my friend sucking on a pacifier with his eyes closed and amazed that he was still treated like a baby. After our nap, my friend was changed again, and we were sent out to play. I was never allowed in their house again.

3. When I was 4 I had my tonsils removed. I was checked in and immediately diapered (protesting, but ignored). Following the surgery I remember being in a pediatric crib (twin size with steel bars) in a pediatric ward. There were probably 10 of us in the ward, ranging in age from 3 to 8 (maybe older). All in diapers, all in cribs. I remember many of the children screaming and crying. I remained in the hospital for 3 days and was terrified by the ordeal.

I have several:

1) I remember in elementary school that one of the restrooms had several packages left in it for some of the students that needed them.

2) I remember attending a family function (I don't remember how old I was), where one of the older kids was still in diapers.

3) As a teenager, well before I knew anything about the ABDL community, I attended a Halloween party where one of the girls came dressed as a baby, including a disposable diaper.

As a toddler I would say I was 5 years old. I went to a family camp and after several nights straight of wetting my sleeping bag I was put into plastic underpants over my underwear. I remember being upset about wearing them under my pajamas and scared someone would hear the rustling sound. Next point I remember was not wetting my bed / sleeping bag the rest of the time I was there so I do not know if it stopped or the plastic underpants were doing their job. I was too busy having fun anyways to really recall anything else. I do recall though I had those plastic underpants in my pajama drawer for about another 1 - 2 years after that but I do not recall wearing them (or maybe just putting them on was so standard each night it was no big deal).

Earliest memory/memories I have of wearing a diaper outside of potty training are two that come to mind, both occurred around the same time.
The first one was my grandma having extra pamper cruisers for my younger brother in an extra room in her house. We stayed there a lot and my brother was a slow learner with potty training, so he wore them a lot. I occasionally snuck one as well to wear.
Other memory is by brother having a swim diaper at our camper in his drawer. It was only one diaper and I don't remember him wearing one. I slipped it on or would look at it for fun. Then I wore it to the pool one day for about two hours before getting caught wearing it

My earliest memory was when I was about 5 years old and still in diapers, I remember sitting in a diaper and t-shirt in a rocking chair while my mom was making a meal for me. I was out of them during the day time shortly after that but I needed them at night for a while though.

One of my first memories of wearing a diaper past toddler age was when my family was driving to the beach for vacation when I was either four or five. I still needed a diaper at night but it was very unusual for me to have to wear one during the day. I guess my parents put one on me because of the long car ride and the traffic we were sure to encounter. I must have fallen asleep on the way because I remember waking up at a parkway rest stop feeling pretty wet. My dad took me into the busy bathroom to change me and to use the bathroom himself. I remember that there were no available stalls so my dad changed me over by the sinks while I was standing up. Everyone walking in and out of the restroom could see. My diaper was very leaky so he had to take my shorts off and I had to go back to the car without them on. I remember when I was getting changed, another kid around my age or a bit older was walking into the bathroom with his dad and was staring at me. When my dad peeled back the tapes of my soggy diaper and it fell to the floor, the other boy said to his dad 'Look! That boy still wears diapers!' That was the first time I can remember feeling embarrassed about my diaper wearing.

I was wearing diapers since I was 4 mostly for bedwetting because I had a huge problem with bedwetting and still have a problem with bedwetting and I still wear diapers to bed! I mostly use nites pants and goodnites!

My first memory of diapers after toddlerhood is being intermittently in and out of diapers through preschool and the first few years of school.

My first memory of wearing diapers was when I was about 4. My mother announced one night at bedtime that my younger sister had been dry a couple of nights and would not be wearing diapers any more. I on the other hand would be continuing with diapers (for quite a few years as it turned out).

My first time in diaper outside of being a toddler was rather dark. It was late at night and I was scared of the dark. I would run to my parents room to help me sleep. My father got mad that I was crying about being scared, He said I was a cry baby and decided I belonged in diapers. In a quick moment I was diaper and forced to in my own room without really any comfort.

Isn't it terrible that diapers are such a big part of our lives now and we can hardly put it together why we like them? I just found this video about the afterlife. http://digg.com/video/the-answers-short-film-afterlife Diapers will be my first question.
My first memory of a diaper is when is was about five and an older brother was watching me. He is six years older than I. As a joke or something he decided to put me in a diaper. I didn't have much of a wetting problem day or night and had been out of them for a while. I don't think it went very far. After that I would steal them and keep them in my room hidden. I'd try to wear when I was alone or at night. I remember several times them coming up missing so my parents had to be tossing them. I don't recall them ever asking me absolutely it it.

baden said:
Isn't it terrible that diapers are such a big part of our lives now and we can hardly put it together why we like them? I just found this video about the afterlife. http://digg.com/video/the-answers-short-film-afterlife Diapers will be my first question.
My first memory of a diaper is when is was about five and an older brother was watching me. He is six years older than I. As a joke or something he decided to put me in a diaper. I didn't have much of a wetting problem day or night and had been out of them for a while. I don't think it went very far. After that I would steal them and keep them in my room hidden. I'd try to wear when I was alone or at night. I remember several times them coming up missing so my parents had to be tossing them. I don't recall them ever asking me absolutely it it.

When I thought it was terrible, the reason why weighed on me as well. Now that I'm happy with it, I don't really care why. I have a number of unusual (but more socially acceptable interests) that don't make that much sense either, so I think a lot of things just result from an unpredictable confluence of events and thoughts. If there was someone with all the answers I could question at length, I might get around to it but I think I'd have a lot of other questions first.

To address the OP's question: I was potty trained early enough not to remember wearing them. I do have one memory fragment from when I was in diapers but it's just as possible it's a fiction. I've got no one to confirm it with as I was alone in my crib at the time and diapers were not an important part of the memory. Anyway, I was first intrigued at age 3 or 4 when my mom was doing some babysitting and one of the two brothers was still in diapers. I tried to take his diaper bag to my room for investigation but I was noticed and stopped. I realized there was something taboo about diapers right there and it preyed on my mind periodically ever after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back